Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

GenTool Discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1281Boshy Sep 1 2014, 02:00 AM
The date which says when the game was played is using server clock? UTC time?

Game: None

+
# 1282xezon Sep 1 2014, 06:59 AM
GenTool Version: 6.3
Fileserver: www.gentool.net
Date played (UTC): 2014 Sep 01, 15:22:44
Game Version: Zero Hour 1.04
RepInfo in use: no

Map Name: twilight flame
Start Cash: 50000
Match Type: 1v1v1
Match Length: 00:38:28
Match Mode: LAN/Lobby

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 1283Boshy Sep 1 2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah? And the files which are saved on my PC with Keep Rep/All? How does gentool on my PC know UTC time?

Game: None

+
# 1284xezon Sep 4 2014, 22:22 PM
GenTool 6.6
www.gentool.net/

Hit F5 to refresh website.

GenTool Documentation

New Features 6.6
  • CNC Online: Added access to Generals Statistics server
  • CNC Online: Added exclusive access to Shatabrick.com Generals Ladder
  • Updater: Added Generals version mismatch fix for The Ultimate Collection (Origin)
  • Updater: Added Relax Maps as downloadable package for Zero Hour users
  • Updater: Added direct connect fix for non-English GameRanger users
  • Updater & Installer: Added force set of RUNASADMIN WINXPSP3 on generals.exe for Windows Vista and higher
Fixes/Improvements 6.6
  • Fixed a bug where the resolution text was not printed correctly on uploaded images
  • Improved GenTool Updater

Please Note:
Statistics Server and Generals Ladder are subject to test, so the services may not run as expected in due time.

+
# 1285xezon Sep 5 2014, 20:06 PM
GenTool 6.7
www.gentool.net/

GenTool Documentation

Fixes/Improvements 6.7
  • Fixed black screen issue in The First Decade - Generals Zero Hour

Sorry for the inconvinience!

+
# 1286LoGicA Sep 7 2014, 19:37 PM
Yes i have checked the frequent questions, You don't seem to understand that this new GT is causing the issue, its got nothing to do with connection in Gameranger. I can't even load through the normal zh or GR because when GT is installed (6.7) it says the ZH is corrupt, When i remove GT 6.7 it loads, its got nothing to do with antivirus or any application because it works when GT is removed.

The last GT version was working for me, i was playing today on GR, when update happen, i have this problem...

Can you not give me the previous version so i can atleast play? Or am i not allowed to play zh bec i dont have GT, as people won't allow me join!

This was copied from person message to xezon, i have added SS here bec i cant via message.

Update 1: I have done a uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, same problem, its do with GT file nothing else.

This post has been edited by lllll: Sep 7 2014, 21:14 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 1287xezon Sep 7 2014, 22:22 PM
Tell anti virus to white flag d3d8.dll

+
# 1288LoGicA Sep 7 2014, 23:21 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Sep 7 2014, 23:22 PM) *

Tell anti virus to white flag d3d8.dll

When i turn off Anti-virus completely, its the samething? I get the same message when antivirus is turned off, but ill look into trying to whiteflag the d38l file.

Is there a specific option to "white flag"? Like what is the process, via firewall? or do i right click on the file?

Update: Samething, even when i exclude the file from antivirus same corrupt message is coming up wacko.gif

Thanks

This post has been edited by lllll: Sep 7 2014, 23:38 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 1289xezon Sep 8 2014, 11:20 AM
BitDefender is known for blocking GenTool. Try uninstall BD, then check, then install it again and fix the heuristics settings.

+
# 1290s2nz0 Sep 8 2014, 12:07 PM
Bro i have a reclamation.

I really find intrusive the auto-set xp mode and administrator (i even don't need it, it work fine without)
Also the "auto-update" map should not be automatic neither.
I am very selective to what i put in game(it's same for kw, i accepted the 1.02+ map and 2 custom map that is waiting the feature from revora to play^^ but no more)
Also selective in what i install on my machine

If you could manage an option to tick at the install or when launching idk that ask you if you want these option activated automatically

I also don't like the auto-update from 6.5 to 6.7 (I usually block everything that don't need internet, i dislike the auto check update from anything)

If this is irrevelant or old dated, don't bother
I am not an active Generals/ZH players

Peace

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 1291xezon Sep 8 2014, 13:52 PM
QUOTE(s2nZ0 @ Sep 8 2014, 14:07 PM) *

Bro i have a reclamation.

I really find intrusive the auto-set xp mode and administrator (i even don't need it, it work fine without)
Also the "auto-update" map should not be automatic neither.
I am very selective to what i put in game(it's same for kw, i accepted the 1.02+ map and 2 custom map that is waiting the feature from revora to play^^ but no more)
Also selective in what i install on my machine

If you could manage an option to tick at the install or when launching idk that ask you if you want these option activated automatically

I also don't like the auto-update from 6.5 to 6.7 (I usually block everything that don't need internet, i dislike the auto check update from anything)

If this is irrevelant or old dated, don't bother
I am not an active Generals/ZH players

Peace

I understand the points. However I think it is a tad paranoid. Admin check is needed to make auto update work on UAC users. Win XP mode was added to cure some problems the game has and users regularly report. GenTool does need to use your internet. If you allow internet on the C&C Game, GenTool is allowed automatically.

If you don't like what GenTool does, simply don't use it. I don't force anyone to use. However I am convinced that my intentions are of good use. Sometimes new things need some tweaks after release, but that is normal.

The only problem with auto updater is that it was not added earlier. The C&C Games also have auto updater. No one questions them.

+
# 1292FuerZaCosmica Sep 8 2014, 17:52 PM
I think u need give the option to the USERS to select what to do with the application.

Im back to old gt because i wanna have the "control" of the app, bad things on new gt:

-You cant turn off "random balance"to save in settings( this from older version).
-You cant turn off automatic updates
-You cant turn off download maps
-You cant change location folder of replays.

And you are forcing updating gt because you can disable the upload mode on old gt.

+
# 1293Reddev32 Sep 8 2014, 19:21 PM
QUOTE(FuerZaCosmica @ Sep 8 2014, 17:52 PM) *

I think u need give the option to the USERS to select what to do with the application.

Im back to old gt because i wanna have the "control" of the app, bad things on new gt:

-You cant turn off "random balance"to save in settings( this from older version).

And you are forcing updating gt because you can disable the upload mode on old gt.

If you allow the option what would be the point of installing gentool? If he disabled the auto gentool upload and theirs a major bug in the system that allows you to exploit this would you upgrade even if it meant you lossing all the time?

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 1294xezon Sep 8 2014, 19:32 PM
QUOTE(FuerZaCosmica @ Sep 8 2014, 19:52 PM) *

These points are fair. There can always be new things which are not so welcome. Random Balance never saved. It's your will to use old GenTool, it's fine.

+
# 1295LoGicA Sep 8 2014, 21:08 PM
Can i have the old GT PLEASE!

I didn't have this problem with GT 6.5 and when it auto update which i didn't like as i want to know that i put the file there myself as i have done since GT came out.

I didn't have any problems with GT n my antivirus before this bullshit update to 6.7 which was done automatically.

Why can't you provide me with the old GT?

I have also emailed bitdefender with all information about GT, going to see if they can provide any information other than to uninstall bitdefender like you suggested, which isn't useful.

I do appreciate this is done for free, me and the whole community whole heartily appreciate it, but i do need a solution to the problem other than uninstall bit defender please.

This post has been edited by lllll: Sep 8 2014, 21:25 PM

+
# 1296LoGicA Sep 8 2014, 21:44 PM
QUOTE(lllll @ Sep 8 2014, 22:08 PM) *

Can i have the old GT PLEASE!

I didn't have this problem with GT 6.5 and when it auto update which i didn't like as i want to know that i put the file there myself as i have done since GT came out.

I didn't have any problems with GT n my antivirus before this bullshit update to 6.7 which was done automatically.

Why can't you provide me with the old GT?

I have also emailed bitdefender with all information about GT, going to see if they can provide any information other than to uninstall bitdefender like you suggested, which isn't useful.

I do appreciate this is done for free, me and the whole community whole heartily appreciate it, but i do need a solution to the problem other than uninstall bit defender please.

Okay i have an update after turning off antivirus, i dont get the error message, the game launches but there just a black screen no picture, i can hear the sounds of zh when they are on the beach but that is all.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 1297Reddev32 Sep 8 2014, 22:17 PM
HI IIIIII,

Does Bit defender quarantine any files that it detects automatically?

If so it might be the reason why the game will now load but not graphics appears.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 1298LoGicA Sep 8 2014, 22:35 PM
QUOTE(Reddev32 @ Sep 8 2014, 23:17 PM) *

HI IIIIII,

Does Bit defender quarantine any files that it detects automatically?

If so it might be the reason why the game will now load but not graphics appears.

Yes it will automatically quarantine files if it detects problems, but the weird thing is d3d8.dll isn't quarantined.

I've decided to remove bit defender from my pc to test, so far origin seem to be working fine atm, i think bit defender has issues with gaming platforms.

This post has been edited by lllll: Sep 9 2014, 00:23 AM

+
# 1299krew Sep 8 2014, 23:08 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Sep 5 2014, 14:06 PM) *

GenTool 6.7
www.gentool.net/

GenTool Documentation

Fixes/Improvements 6.7
  • Fixed black screen issue in The First Decade - Generals Zero Hour

Sorry for the inconvinience!

does this mean the ladder is working, but can not be seen by the public yet?

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 1300LoGicA Sep 9 2014, 01:01 AM
I got a question, why is GT capped at 60? previously i was capped at 144 which is my refresh rate default of monitor now it only goes to 60 when its set to off? When i set it 240 by going up it never goes above 60! This is effecting my scroll speed lot and the game seems slower!

This post has been edited by lllll: Sep 9 2014, 01:06 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)