Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Stats and Ladders are Enabled!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Commissioner Sybert Dec 6 2014, 17:36 PM
Comrades,
A great day has dawned and due to the hard work by the Revora team Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, and Red Alert 3 all have working stats and ladders! With the 2.0.6 update to C&C online stats and ladders are enabled.

IPB Image

It is vital though that everybody upgrade to the latest (2.0.6) C&C:Online launcher. If there is just one player or observer in the game without that, it may stop a game from ranking or even reporting statistics reporting at all.

It is important to note that the automatch system does not work. This means to ladder in Red Alert 3 you will have to play custom games. While this may sound strange this is the workaround that is currently in place. This means that for a short time you cannot play unranked games on the official 1v1 and 2v2 ladder maps. We are currently working on a ranked map pack to alleviate this situation. Here are the maps:

Battlebase Beta
Cabana Republic
Fire Island
Industrial Strength
Infinity Isle
Snow Plow
Temple Prime

Battlebase Octopon
Cold Showdown
Hostile Hostel
Pool Party
Rock Ridge

Of course, the old GameSpy rank bug is gone and all players, new or old, should be able to rank. We now have much missed match histories back too; click a player name or the history button on their profile in the new Shatabrick pages (Shatabrick/cco).

That is all comrades, please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Plokite_Wolf Dec 6 2014, 17:50 PM
Time for Netput to come back banana.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Constable Chris Dec 6 2014, 17:52 PM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Dec 6 2014, 17:50 PM) *

Time for Netput to come back banana.gif

laugh.gif +1

Clan: H2O

+
# 4JonnyKnows Dec 6 2014, 18:29 PM
My practice matches with a friend counted towards my stats, it feels really icky and not legit to be 9-0 rank 2 just by beating 1 guy over and over.

So I'm not sure netput will feel too obliged to play when the ladder may have guys who fight the same 1 person over and over again.

However not to further discourage with that, it is pretty damn awesome to have a sort of ladder at all. Pretty sweet stuff, it's a good step into the right direction, very exciting indeed.

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 5Constable Chris Dec 6 2014, 18:32 PM
QUOTE(JonnyKnows @ Dec 6 2014, 18:29 PM) *

My practice matches with a friend counted towards my stats, it feels really icky and not legit to be 9-0 rank 2 just by beating 1 guy over and over.

So I'm not sure netput will feel too obliged to play when the ladder may have guys who fight the same 1 person over and over again.

However not to further discourage with that, it is pretty damn awesome to have a sort of ladder at all. Pretty sweet stuff, it's a good step into the right direction, very exciting indeed.

The purpose of the map pack we are working on, is to allow players to choose wether the game is ranked or not. smile.gif

That map pack will arrive tomorrow

+
# 6Commissioner Sybert Dec 6 2014, 18:45 PM
QUOTE(JonnyKnows @ Dec 6 2014, 10:29 AM) *

Think of it this way: those bashings were helping to test the service.

QUOTE(Chris880 @ Dec 6 2014, 10:32 AM) *

The purpose of the map pack we are working on, is to allow players to choose wether the game is ranked or not. smile.gif

That map pack will arrive tomorrow

Assuming we don't run into any more issues... it should be out tomorrow.

+
# 7Constable Chris Dec 6 2014, 19:37 PM
QUOTE(Commissioner Sybert @ Dec 6 2014, 18:45 PM) *

Assuming we don't run into any more issues... it should be out tomorrow.

Hopefully biggrin.gif

+
# 8ViperMkVII Dec 6 2014, 20:10 PM
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

+
# 9JonnyKnows Dec 6 2014, 22:37 PM
Super jealous the kanes wrath gets so many new maps for their ranked ladder @_@

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 10Constable Chris Dec 6 2014, 22:41 PM
QUOTE(JonnyKnows @ Dec 6 2014, 22:37 PM) *

Super jealous the kanes wrath gets so many new maps for their ranked ladder @_@

Well if THEY can make new ladder maps, so can we ! biggrin.gif

+
# 11007Goldeneye Dec 7 2014, 01:16 AM
How long does it take for the list to update?

I know several players saying they've been playing and are not on the list.

Clan: m8s

+
# 12GBHmichael Dec 7 2014, 09:07 AM
QUOTE(007Goldeneye @ Dec 7 2014, 01:16 AM) *

Both players need to have downloaded the latest update for the cnc online client for the ladder to update. Chances are 1 player didn't have it. I went on for 1 game yesterday and the ladder didn't update for me, it was probably for that same reason.

+
# 13LTLaimis Dec 7 2014, 11:15 AM
Why does ranking cannot be seen on players in the lobby?

+
# 14Plokite_Wolf Dec 7 2014, 12:52 PM
The RA3 multiplayer menus are pretty much a downgrade of those used in previous C&C/BFME games. You can only see your counted matches in the Stats/Summary menus or by rolling your cursor over a player's name.

+
# 15GBHmichael Dec 7 2014, 17:11 PM
I just read this on shatabrick - "RA3 1vs1 Ladder - Never Reset".

I think never resetting the ladder is a very bad idea. Console RA3 had this type of ranking system and it just meant that people would boost to the top of the ladder with about 200+ games vs the same person instantly quitting. Since it never reset, they stayed there forever. It also means that once people get highly ranked they stop playing ranked as they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Monthly resets means that you can see who the current highly ranked players and it deters behaviour like I mentioned above.

+
# 16zokker13 Dec 7 2014, 17:11 PM
Glad to have a ladder back.
Also nice that ToxicShox and Plotike_Wolf introduced point pushing with their "test games".

HueHue^^
http://www.shatabrick.com/cco/ra3/index.ph...ick=PlokiteWolf

Game: None

+
# 17Plokite_Wolf Dec 7 2014, 17:29 PM
QUOTE(GBHmichael @ Dec 7 2014, 18:11 PM) *
I just read this on shatabrick - "RA3 1vs1 Ladder - Never Reset".

I think it just means it was never reset yet. There is no reason it wouldn't be reset in the end of every month.

QUOTE(zokker13 @ Dec 7 2014, 18:11 PM) *
Also nice that ToxicShox and Plotike_Wolf introduced point pushing with their "test games".

HueHue^^

You're good.

+
# 18GBHmichael Dec 7 2014, 17:31 PM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Dec 7 2014, 17:29 PM) *

I think it just means it was never reset yet. There is no reason it wouldn't be reset in the end of every month.

Ah that's good to know. Thanks for clearing that up!

+
# 19Eminence Dec 7 2014, 18:54 PM
Niiiiiiice !!!

Great job to whoever did this !

Now where do I find the latest patch ? Thx

EDIT : nevermind, just found the thread in question. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Eminence: Dec 7 2014, 19:06 PM

Clan: m8s

+
# 20Commissioner Sybert Dec 7 2014, 19:07 PM
QUOTE(007Goldeneye @ Dec 6 2014, 17:16 PM) *

QUOTE(GBHmichael @ Dec 7 2014, 01:07 AM) *

Both players need to have downloaded the latest update for the cnc online client for the ladder to update. Chances are 1 player didn't have it. I went on for 1 game yesterday and the ladder didn't update for me, it was probably for that same reason.

GBHMichael is correct. Any player in a game can stop results being reported even if they're an observer. Stats report and update within 3 minutes of a game finishing.
You can tell whether one of the players or observers in the game does not have the launcher installed if you get a "stats" error ("Problems connecting to the stats server. Match results may not be reported") at the start of the match.

QUOTE(zokker13 @ Dec 7 2014, 09:11 AM) *

HueHue^^

Yes, PlokiteWolf will be banned shortly. Point pushing or win trading is not OK.

QUOTE(Eminence @ Dec 7 2014, 10:54 AM) *

Niiiiiiice !!!

Great job to whoever did this !

Now where do I find the latest patch ? Thx

ToxicShock and the rest of the Revora team are to thank for the excellent work.
Everything you need is on the C&C: Online Website.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)