Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

The Scrin Campaign - Mission 3 is here!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Zypherbullet Mar 18 2015, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone on GameReplays!

You may call me Zypherbullet, or Zyph, or Zyp, or Z, or whatever you like.

Mission 1 was a great success and mission 2 was very popular as well. After dwelling in space and getting beaten hard by the Steel Talons of Earth, it's time for some serious monkey business! Join with your cooperative foreman and gather crucial information in this new action packed mission number 3: Intelligence!

Of course you will see new cinematics, tons of custom audio and scripted events that are entirely new to the game. Now for the first time ever in Kane's Wrath, you will be fighting with a fully voiced and interactive allied Foreman to double team anyone who dares to stand before you. With three unique difficulties there is fun for everyone, with a simple EASY game, an action packed MEDIUM setting and a massacre that requires every bit of YOUR intelligence for the HARDcore gamers.

The order of missions is as follows:
  1. Entry
  2. The Harvest
  3. Intelligence
  4. Factory Reset
  5. Player's choice
  6. Player's name choice
  7. New maps? Maybe? Suggestions?

These mission maps are uploaded with assets. This means that you get the objectives system, custom ambient sounds, custom music tracks, actual skies and even new EVA events! This also gives me freedom to make interesting mission designs, like a mission where you have to keep beaming down your own Tiberium.

Another notable feature is that you will not need the mod launcher. You just have to insert them at a specific directory and update a SkuDef (text) file, the instructions to which are clearly highlighted in the Readme file included in the download of each mission.

All of the new maps will have difficulty options, with interesting curves:

Easy:
These missions are a walk through the park and barely require attention. It's like stealing the Tacitus from GDI. Of course, after more missions pop up, the difficulty will increase, but so too your skill level.

Normal:
The way the maps are meant to be played. You need a decent skill level, as these versions are a big step up from Easy. Not to worry though, they should not be much harder than the final levels of the C&C 3 official campaign. Again, there is a curve with it being still very easy in the prologue mission (mission 1), but quickly turns out to be an action packed series.

Hard:
O boy are you in for some chaos. Enemies will attack you without relent from as many angles as possible. They use high tier units and possess many upgrades that will boost their firepower even more. And then, when you think you can properly counter their unit composition, they change tactics! Oh and did I mention that you will need to spend your resources very wisely?

I aim to make these versions very hard. As a guideline I have benchmarked it to my own skill level, as I developed the maps and know the entire metagame and dirty tricks that can be abused. If I can finish the map while taking some significant losses along the way, then I'm satisfied.

The first mission is still easy, but as you advance on to the second mission, you will know what I'm on about. Should you succesfully pass that mission, then be prepared to invest an hour or two into mission 3, mission 4 and so on.

While you wait for the magic to show up, I can give you some teasers with updated images. Note that these images have not been edited. What you see is what you get.

Mission 1 - Entry

You will probably end up between some rocks and a hard place.
IPB Image

This mission is now live!

Attached File Scrin_Campaign_Mission_1.zip
Size: 22.15mb
Number of downloads: 5782
Player Name Side Team
For the full mission briefing, you can check out this portal article with detailed information and storyline.

Mission 2 - The Harvest

We were misinformed...
IPB Image

Attached File Scrin_Campaign_Mission_2.zip
Size: 22.57mb
Number of downloads: 5471
Player Name Side Team
For the full mission briefing, you can check out this portal article with detailed information and storyline.

Mission 3 - Intelligence

Ook ook aah haah?
IPB Image

Mission 4 - Factory Reset

Control Alt Delete
IPB Image

Mission 5 - Player's choice

You decide for mission 5! Vote here and tell me how this mission should play out.

Mission 6 - Player's name

Feel the ocean winds
IPB Image

Mission 7 - x

I welcome any suggestions for mission 7 and onwards.

I hope you all are as excited as I am!
I welcome any and all feedback. Post here, send me a private message, create smoke signals, carve it into a tiberium rock and crash it into my house; I don't care, just let me know how to improve.

Currently working on:

Setting up production lines
Adding scripts to mission 4
Creating skins for secret GDI weapons
Working out objectives system

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates, Foremen!

Earth. Will. Fall!

And you shall be its conqueror.

-= Credits =-

I've come a long way, learning so much about the worldbuilder, strategies, the meta game and modding. Let's put these guys in the spotlight for helping me out! The order of the names is random by the way;)

TheSecession: They're a youtube channel who upload epic music. And what's more, a lot of it is free for use in my maps! I promised I would credit them, so here they are at the top of my list.
I used these tracks for my maps

Burn It All - Outro track of the map Entry
Scan And Destroy - Modified it to be the victory music
We Made This War - Regular soundstrack. Or is it?

Predatore: Always helpful, has taught me so much about the worldbuilder. From lighting, to limitations, to texture usage, to object manipulation and much, much more. Thanks Predatore, keep being awesome!

Bibber: This guy taught me a lot about modding and even made me a tool to make audio scripting possible. He has also taught me how to do the mission objectives and provided many more tools that I happily used. Thank you so much for making this possible! You've added another 10 dimensions to the campaign.

cnc315d34d (aka CGF): You've been a big help with making it rain and snow and whatnot and also taught me a few things about map streams. Again, without you I would never have come this far (or even attempted modded maps).

The guys from the New Experience mod: Thanks to your source code, I can now add skydomes to my maps, which make cinematics literally a hundred times more beautiful and flexible.

Masazumi: The voice of the Overseer! Thank you so much for helping me out buddy!

Antimatterhunter: The voice of the allied Foreman. This talent runs in the family apparantly, as he too gives great audio tracks to work with. Thank you, my friend!

AggressivePanda: Thanks for helping me out with the beta testing on some of the maps and providing video coverage. I will sure be needing your help in the future buddy! Thanks a ton!

s2nz0: The ultimate guy for troubleshooting and always nice to talk to/draw inspiration from. You're invaluable, buddy!

phantom9399: Another beta tester. More feedback makes for better maps, so please keep giving!

FallenXE: The legend of the writing skill. Our projects have given me much inspiration, so thanks for that! I'm always down for a good story, haha.

TiberianFuture: It's very useful to know a guy that knows his Scrin scripts and trivial names. Thanks for being that guy!

Hydrolase: Thanks for helping me do the finishing touches, it's very helpful!

Patrick Zocker Plieschnegger: A huge thanks for helping me out with stream reading, skinning and several other mod-related options! It's awesome how you still make time while working on your awesome One Vision mod.

Lauren: A writer of the WrathEd program. None of this would even be possible without them, so thanks a ton and keep being awesome!

All the other people who gave me feedback and ideas and who voted in the Mission 5 poll. You're awesome guys!

I may well be forgetting someone. If you feel left out, please tell me so that I may properly credit you.

Want to take a look at the source?

If you'd like to see the map in worldbuilder to check out its scripts or other features, then please drop me a message and I will send it to you. If you'd like to see the source code for the modmap, then I can send that as well. I will remove the audio files to decrease the filesize.

Of course, if you have WrathEd, then you can open it yourself and find whatever you need. You are free to use my assets without giving credit, except for music files. You will need specific permission from the owners for that. You may use my map in your mod as well, provided that you link back to this topic. Simply crediting me won't suffice as I am not the only one working on the project.

This post has been edited by Zypherbullet: Oct 26 2015, 18:07 PM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Thanatos Mar 18 2015, 09:32 AM
just, wow.... great work!

+
# 3phantom9399 Mar 18 2015, 10:07 AM
Amazing, simply amazing <3 biggrin.gif

+
# 4cahit1234 Mar 18 2015, 11:28 AM
God Bless you dude!!

+
# 5Masazumi Mar 18 2015, 11:36 AM
Glad it's finally live! The mission was very great and epic, I'd go into more detail, but I already did that over PM. I'm very proud to have helped you on this.

+
# 6~AngelOfDeath~ Mar 18 2015, 13:54 PM
I LOVE IT!

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 7P.Eden Mar 18 2015, 14:21 PM
Great effort man! Thankssssss <3 .

+
# 8FallenXE Mar 18 2015, 15:53 PM
Good job as always Zypher biggrin.gif

+
# 9trouble055 Mar 18 2015, 22:27 PM
am gonna play it:D

+
# 10Zypherbullet Mar 18 2015, 22:58 PM
Thank you everybody! We have been working very hard on this, so I'm very glad you like it. We're finalizing mission 2, so it should be online within the next two weeks.

+
# 11AggressivePanda Mar 18 2015, 23:08 PM
Will do my usual video review at true weekend.

+
# 12Zypherbullet Mar 18 2015, 23:14 PM
You're an amazing pandabear wub.gif

+
# 13Lauren Mar 19 2015, 06:24 AM
Nice to see someone is using WrathEd so I didn't write it for naught.

+
# 14Zypherbullet Mar 19 2015, 10:13 AM
Haha of course, WrathEd is awesome! It took me a while to understand everything, but it's really well done biggrin.gif!

+
# 15Lauren Mar 19 2015, 20:39 PM
Thanks, tbh I kept it as close to known stuff like the TW Mod SDK (which in my opinion is pretty well made, but well that's from a programmers perspective and I know a lot of people don't share this thought) for the compile part, and FinalBig/OSBE for the BigView part as I could.
Obviously some changes had to be made and there are a lot of features I would have liked to build in (a lot of QoL stuff) but I didn't want to delay it any more than it already had been. A good thing because closely afterwards I really was lacking the time for it.

+
# 16Zypherbullet Mar 19 2015, 21:22 PM
Yeah Kane's Wrath is the first game I've modded in like ever. But still, the similarities are really good when using TW documentation. I'm not sure what else should be added to 1.08 (or 1.09 if Zocom7's upload counts), but I have everything I need for my maps smile.gif.

+
# 17Predatore Mar 20 2015, 04:45 AM
Congrats on the release of this mission! Very well done thumb.gif

+
# 18Zypherbullet Mar 26 2015, 14:40 PM
[Intercepted and decoded from "Scrin" command]

>>>TRANSMISSION<<<

A new batch of Scrin EVA and Overseer events has arrived.

Commencing translation process...

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

+
# 19Zypherbullet Apr 11 2015, 18:45 PM
[Intercepted and decoded from "Scrin" assembly operations command]

>>>TRANSMISSION<<<

All new assets have been implemented. Transfering files to beta location...

Calculating new mission availability...
... Maximum ETA: 7 days.

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

+
# 20AggressivePanda Apr 11 2015, 19:01 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Apr 11 2015, 18:45 PM) *

[Intercepted and decoded from "Scrin" assembly operations command]

>>>TRANSMISSION<<<

All new assets have been implemented. Transfering files to beta location...

Calculating new mission availability...
... Maximum ETA: 7 days.

>>>END TRANSMISSION<<<

About time! ^^

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)