Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

RotWK and Windows 10

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 61fierybull Aug 23 2015, 13:42 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Aug 22 2015, 00:52 AM) *

I'm running out of suggestions here. tongue.gif Visit this FAQ here and see if there's anything listed there that could shed some light.

Can your game run without 2.02 enabled? What about BFME 2, are you able to run it? Are all your Windows updates installed?

Hi, I've been busy.

Well I can't run the games patched or not. Windows update reports I'm up to date. Maybe my graphics card is incompatible with BFME2 & ROTWK?

+
# 62Excelsior Aug 23 2015, 14:31 PM
QUOTE(fierybull @ Aug 23 2015, 15:42 PM) *

Hi, I've been busy.

Well I can't run the games patched or not. Windows update reports I'm up to date. Maybe my graphics card is incompatible with BFME2 & ROTWK?

What version of Windows did you say you run? Also, have you played this game on the current PC before?

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 63fierybull Aug 23 2015, 15:21 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Aug 23 2015, 14:31 PM) *

What version of Windows did you say you run? Also, have you played this game on the current PC before?

Windows 10 and I think so, because I already had them installed before updating to Windows 10 and I had custom maps and CAH saves in my folder. I suddenly got the urge to play again tongue.gif

+
# 64The Smoking Man™ Aug 23 2015, 15:50 PM
QUOTE(filipve @ Aug 21 2015, 08:39 AM) *

it works, who is this living hero that i have to thank smile.gif

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Regarding your problem, I assume that you do not get a no-cd error but something like: Battle for Middle-earth II stopped working.

If so, open the 2.02 patch launcher as admin, and see if 2.02 is enabled. If so, disable 2.02 and run the game from within the patch launcher. The game should run, you can later exit and enable 2.02 again.

+
# 65fierybull Aug 24 2015, 00:07 AM
QUOTE(The Smoking Man™ @ Aug 23 2015, 15:50 PM) *

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Regarding your problem, I assume that you do not get a no-cd error but something like: Battle for Middle-earth II stopped working.

If so, open the 2.02 patch launcher as admin, and see if 2.02 is enabled. If so, disable 2.02 and run the game from within the patch launcher. The game should run, you can later exit and enable 2.02 again.

I'm sorry to say this didn't work for me, still the same error. And it's indeed: Battle for Middle-earth II stopped working sad.gif

+
# 66The Smoking Man™ Aug 24 2015, 01:10 AM
QUOTE(fierybull @ Aug 24 2015, 01:07 AM) *

I'm sorry to say this didn't work for me, still the same error. And it's indeed: Battle for Middle-earth II stopped working sad.gif

What is your GameRanger ID?

+
# 67fierybull Aug 24 2015, 17:44 PM
QUOTE(The Smoking Man™ @ Aug 24 2015, 01:10 AM) *

What is your GameRanger ID?

My GameRanger name is fierybull. Acc ID: 6049976

This post has been edited by fierybull: Aug 24 2015, 17:57 PM

+
# 68Phoenix Aug 25 2015, 19:47 PM
QUOTE(fierybull @ Aug 24 2015, 13:44 PM) *

My GameRanger name is fierybull. Acc ID: 6049976

Okay, hopefully Smoke can sort your issue out. Keep us posted smile.gif.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 69The Smoking Man™ Aug 25 2015, 23:49 PM
I am online now on GameRanger if you have time.

+
# 70fierybull Aug 26 2015, 16:50 PM
QUOTE(The Smoking Man™ @ Aug 25 2015, 23:49 PM) *

I am online now on GameRanger if you have time.

Sorry I didn't have time then, I'll be on rest of the day and then from Friday henceforth. I've already added u on GR.

Cheers

+
# 71fierybull Aug 26 2015, 16:53 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Aug 25 2015, 19:47 PM) *

I will, thanks for the interest biggrin.gif

+
# 72fierybull Aug 26 2015, 20:52 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Aug 25 2015, 19:47 PM) *

So, after a loooonnngg Teamviewing session with smoke (in fact so long he had to leave), I finally got ROTWK working. Turns out, the game used my Intel® HD Graphics 4600, which caused problems to run it. I was able to enable the AMD Radeon driver from the catalyst control center for ROTWK and now the game runs smile.gif. I still have to test this for BFME II (I don't have time anymore lol), but it should be the same. Will get back to you if it works for BFME II as well.

Hope this creates awareness for others having this problem smile.gif

Lastly, a huge thanks to The Smoking Man and Excelsior for their suggestions and help!

+
# 73Excelsior Aug 26 2015, 20:55 PM
QUOTE(fierybull @ Aug 26 2015, 22:52 PM) *

So, after a loooonnngg Teamviewing session with smoke (in fact so long he had to leave), I finally got ROTWK working. Turns out, the game used my Intel® HD Graphics 4600, which caused problems to run it. I was able to enable the AMD Radeon driver from the catalyst control center for ROTWK and now the game runs smile.gif. I still have to test this for BFME II (I don't have time anymore lol), but it should be the same. Will get back to you if it works for BFME II as well.

Hope this creates awareness for others having this problem smile.gif

Lastly, a huge thanks to The Smoking Man and Excelsior for their suggestions and help!

Great job, Smoke! smile.gif

I'm surprised it was your graphics card. The last place I would have thought of checking.

I'll link other Tech Support topics with similar issues to your post.

+
# 74The Smoking Man™ Aug 26 2015, 21:09 PM
There was already a similar problem for someone else long ago that I was diagnosing. Unfortunately, he only had an Intel onboard GPU and no hybrid setup so he was kinda doomed as Intel onboard drivers are pretty incompatible with old games. They are not really meant for gaming anyway.

Weird though that there's no option in BIOS to disable the Intel onboard, pretty terrible! But hey it's Intel...

Anyway I'm glad it worked. smile.gif

+
# 75Abs0lute Oct 7 2015, 20:08 PM
hey guys i manage to make the game rdy but for on my brother's pc.. with windows 8.1 on my pc windows 10 it have a problem like i get defet after 3:30mins i re-install the game 5-6 times..now with 2.1 or 2.2 patches i still have the same issue while my brother dosn';t and i did exacly the same thing

+
# 76m_hyani Oct 8 2015, 03:37 AM
QUOTE(Phoenix @ Jul 29 2015, 15:26 PM) *

I am interested in hearing feedback from players who upgraded to Windows 10. Is RotWK working for you? Is 2.02 working for you? Are there any issues?

hi, i'm a windows 10 user and ive done everything listed to make it work but still the game is not starting and it says the game has stopped working and it closes straight after the little message tho i downloaded the 'my lord of the ring...' file in the right place too. plz help

+
# 77Excelsior Oct 8 2015, 04:42 AM
QUOTE(Abs0lute @ Oct 7 2015, 22:08 PM) *

hey guys i manage to make the game rdy but for on my brother's pc.. with windows 8.1 on my pc windows 10 it have a problem like i get defet after 3:30mins i re-install the game 5-6 times..now with 2.1 or 2.2 patches i still have the same issue while my brother dosn';t and i did exacly the same thing

Hello Abs0lute!

Please refer to your topic here where a solution has been provided. Also, be sure to read my post here regarding future posting.

QUOTE(m_hyani @ Oct 8 2015, 05:37 AM) *

hi, i'm a windows 10 user and ive done everything listed to make it work but still the game is not starting and it says the game has stopped working and it closes straight after the little message tho i downloaded the 'my lord of the ring...' file in the right place too. plz help

Hello m_hyani, welcome to GameReplays! smile.gif

Please refer to this thread here for some possible solutions. Please do give us feedback.

This post has been edited by Excelsior: Oct 8 2015, 05:52 AM

+
# 78m_hyani Oct 19 2015, 15:24 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Oct 8 2015, 04:42 AM) *

Hello Abs0lute!

Please refer to your topic here where a solution has been provided. Also, be sure to read my post here regarding future posting.
Hello m_hyani, welcome to GameReplays! smile.gif

Please refer to this thread here for some possible solutions. Please do give us feedback.

hi, i got the problem solved but still the game needs the cd, i started to give up on the game working.
do u have any solution ? thank u guys smile.gif

This post has been edited by Excelsior: Oct 19 2015, 20:17 PM

+
# 79Excelsior Oct 19 2015, 20:20 PM
QUOTE(m_hyani @ Oct 19 2015, 17:24 PM) *

hi, i got the problem solved but still the game needs the cd, i started to give up on the game working.
do u have any solution ? thank u guys smile.gif

Alright, great stuff! The worst of your problems are now behind you. To solve your no CD issue, check this thread out. You must download TheSmokingMan CD image and mount it to one of the software applications linked there ( I use Daemon Tools Lite).

Let me know if you need further assistance.

P.S. I fixed your post up as you made an error in the BBCode. tongue.gif

+
# 80m_hyani Oct 20 2015, 00:12 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Oct 19 2015, 20:20 PM) *

Alright, great stuff! The worst of your problems are now behind you. To solve your no CD issue, check this thread out. You must download TheSmokingMan CD image and mount it to one of the software applications linked there ( I use Daemon Tools Lite).

Let me know if you need further assistance.

P.S. I fixed your post up as you made an error in the BBCode. tongue.gif

yh i downloaded everything and tried to mount the images in every application and still it wont accept it, tried the [scss] too.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)