Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

UOP 1.04 Community help 1

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Egozi44 Oct 18 2015, 16:24 PM
So here the first thread of the UOP 1.04 project where I ask for your help

If you want to know what it all about go to this link:
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=970355

Now most questions so far were posted in Moddb but this one still hasn't ended yet so I thought I will also post it here

I made more than one skin for the BH's Redeemer flame throwers and need your opinion as for what fit better

Here the Options:

(Take a close look on the Redeemer's flame throwers silos)

Option 1 :

Spoiler

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you may notice, the textures look pixely, I don't really know how to make them more clear looking

Most people on MODDB prefer option 1 regardless so far

Here option 2 (the one I currently using):

(Again take a close look on the Redeemer's flame throwers silos and you will see that they now have different skin with black hand's icon on them)

Spoiler

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Option 3: To try to make new skin

Option 4: You will suggest new one

If any of you know how to make option 1 less pixly I'm all ears, It happened due to the Redeemer flame throwers skins which are wayyyy smaller in resolution compared to the upgraded flame tank skin (Which is where I took the skin from),
I had to resize the skin to fit the Redeemer's ones and they just end up like that due to the differences in resolution

look at it again.. the original Redeemer flame throwers were also pixly but since they had red color it sort of hide it from our eyes

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Oct 22 2015, 14:28 PM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Egozi44 Oct 18 2015, 16:27 PM
BTW why I can't add poll when I want to edit the topic? tongue.gif

+
# 3IISpartacus Oct 20 2015, 17:26 PM
QUOTE(Egozi44 @ Oct 18 2015, 11:27 AM) *

BTW why I can't add poll when I want to edit the topic? tongue.gif

Because of the way our forum system works, you need to add the poll in the original formulation of the thread. Unfortunately, they cannot be added to existing threads, as they are classified as polls instead of threads.

If you'd like, you can copy and paste this information into a new thread in which you create a poll at the beginning and we can set this one invisible as to not confuse folks. Just shoot me a pm if you go this route, so I can be sure to invis this thread.

+
# 4s2nz0 Oct 20 2015, 19:04 PM
Sorry but i don't see any difference, i mostly have been lost in all the screenshot finding all them great ^^

+
# 5Egozi44 Oct 21 2015, 14:30 PM
Because of the way our forum system works, you need to add the poll in the original formulation of the thread. Unfortunately, they cannot be added to existing threads, as they are classified as polls instead of threads.

If you'd like, you can copy and paste this information into a new thread in which you create a poll at the beginning and we can set this one invisible as to not confuse folks. Just shoot me a pm if you go this route, so I can be sure to invis this thread.

I see, it actually work that way on many other forum systems, little old me just forgot about it,

We can left the thread the way it is, people can just commit their opinions instead and I will use polls starting from the next thread I will make

Though so far the thread seem to have 37 viewers but none said anything so far..

Sorry but i don't see any difference, i mostly have been lost in all the screenshot finding all them great ^^

Try to take a close look at the Redeemer's flame silos that on his head tongue.gif

One is dark blue with Black hand icon on it, and the other just look like the silo that the upgraded flame thank have

+
# 6s2nz0 Oct 21 2015, 14:59 PM
Oh i see, now i understand biggrin.gif Well i prefer the first option, while the second look great too, i think it's too much icon, since redemer already have one on the "shoulder"

+
# 7IISpartacus Oct 21 2015, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Oct 21 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Oh i see, now i understand biggrin.gif Well i prefer the first option, while the second look great too, i think it's too much icon, since redemer already have one on the "shoulder"

^I'm in agreement with s2.

+
# 8Zypherbullet Oct 21 2015, 16:25 PM
Depending on if you wish to apply Purifying Flame seperately for the redeemer, I'd stick with the flame tank skins. You might even want to adjust the specular map to it biggrin.gif.

+
# 9AggressivePanda Oct 21 2015, 17:31 PM
The second one, because its black hand style biggrin.gif

+
# 10Zypherbullet Oct 21 2015, 18:34 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Oct 21 2015, 18:31 PM) *

The second one, because its black hand style biggrin.gif

Incase you didn't notice, Redeemer is not Black Hand exclusive wink.gif

+
# 11AggressivePanda Oct 21 2015, 18:45 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Oct 21 2015, 18:34 PM) *

Incase you didn't notice, Redeemer is not Black Hand exclusive wink.gif

In case you didn't notice Zypherbullet, Nod buys its purifying petroleum from the black hand arms market.

Spoiler
IPB Imagetongue.gif

+
# 12s2nz0 Oct 21 2015, 18:51 PM
Spoiler
IPB Image

ah bbcode, you aren't smart right? even my notepad++ understand you better than yourself and close the starting [ for me and have an auto completion for each tag.. You must be kidding me i hopefully hope..

+
# 13Zypherbullet Oct 21 2015, 18:57 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Oct 21 2015, 19:45 PM) *

In case you didn't notice Zypherbullet, Nod buys its purifying petroleum from the black hand arms market.

Spoiler
IPB Imagetongue.gif

Weren't Black Hand and Nod at war? I kinda figured that from the mission against Marcion. Anyway, let's not derail this topic any further. My vote is the flame tank skin!

+
# 14s2nz0 Oct 21 2015, 19:26 PM
@Egozi44 Maybe you should encapse your image into a spoiler one for each option and maybe add a hint where to focus, i maybe not alone who didn't understood right the question (despite i understood it was on the flame thrower, i looked like 3times every picture, i couldn't find any difference until you explain me, and trust me i have good eyes, i really have been lost in the first post betwen option and all pictures, or may i was drunk and i even don't remember, dunno whistling.gif i'm sure its probably zypher fault.. ^^ )

This post has been edited by s2nz0: Oct 21 2015, 19:31 PM

+
# 15Egozi44 Oct 22 2015, 04:33 AM
Eh
I just said in my last post that no one reply and now it reply party xD

I using the phone so quote is a bit harder here
So I try to answer all without quotes

1. Seem like most people here also prefer the Flame tank upgrade skin, just be sure to zoom in on both to see why I said it look a bit pixy

2. Sorry I didn't mention it here (I mentioned it on my change log but can't blame you for not reading all of it as it may take some hours)

In UOP 1.04 BH's Redeemer have blue flame as default (that why the skins are for), I didn't meant the redeemer came out from the factory with them ofc, by default I meant that it have Blue flame as default even when you put normal Nod's Black hand squad into it

BH cabals also have partial beam when they inside the Redeemer and the turrets shows BH icon on them

Mok's Redeemer have green silos with MOK's icon on them for the tib troopers

MOK redeemer also can garrison enlightens, and the awakens that garrison in it have different damage and different skin to the MG ammo (also differnt sound but that less matter)

Both uses the same MG turret and have mok icon on it instead of nod icon,

(And don't worry, the elightens use their super charged partial beam and not some random ammo when they inside the Redeemer)

Nod have the normal red ones

And a bit far from the nod army the Repear 17 eradicator have blue shards as default wink.gif

May add a pic when I be home but if you really want to see them now you can see all of the screenshots on the Moddb page, also some of you got the beta so you can see them all in game if you wish

I love both skins but I personally prefer option 2 like panda,
But my preference don't count, that why I asked you xD

3. Zypher what you meant about changing the specular map? You meant that I could add house colors to the silos that way? I didn't really messed a lot with the specular map textures all I know about them is that they help with unit's HCs on GDI and NOD maps

S2nz0

You got a point, will do it when I be on my desktop pc

Thanks

*EDIT

Done it

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Oct 22 2015, 19:55 PM

+
# 16Egozi44 Oct 22 2015, 20:02 PM
Here some pictures of what I was talking about

Spoiler

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

+
# 17s2nz0 Oct 22 2015, 20:04 PM
Like this, it's "amazingly" good, 100% for it, it could be integrated into 1.02+ maybe? At least the skins part, not sure about the damage if there is a real difference actually betwen them over faction or if they simply all have same damage

+
# 18Zypherbullet Oct 22 2015, 20:09 PM
I would love to see a redeemer with mirrored arms that shoots double lasers biggrin.gif.

+
# 19s2nz0 Oct 22 2015, 20:12 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Oct 22 2015, 21:09 PM) *

I would love to see a redeemer with mirrored arms that shoots double lasers biggrin.gif.

Then you would need to make the same for avatar, as they have "modeled" it +/- like the same type unit remastered into an epic one

+
# 20Egozi44 Oct 22 2015, 20:37 PM
From the files it seem that the Redeemer's hand actually was supposed to destroy vehicles and make them as his upgrade rather than the infantries (similar to the avatar) But it seem that EA scratch this idea and the hand was left there for esthetics reasons only

Like this, it's "amazingly" good, 100% for it, it could be integrated into 1.02+ maybe? At least the skins part, not sure about the damage if there is a real difference actually betwen them over faction or if they simply all have same damage

I don't sure if it possible but you welcome to try the uncompleted mod aka beta if you want,

Like EA made the MARV's sonic grenades cannon and normal grenades or zone troopers turrets to have different damage
These turrets also have different damage and not just skin

Blue flame is more powerful than normal flame

Both Tib trooper and Redeemer liquid turrets have a bit more range and they slow down vehicles to be more annoying

Charged partial beam cannon shoot really fast but have low damage so it good mostly against inf

Supercharged partial beam Shoot slow but have more damage so it good against vehicles

Awakens turrnts have more damg and effect vehicles

Eradicator Blue shards are powerful almost like Blue flame if no more and x3 it can consider a threat

I also made the epic's units ability more useful so they almost act like the Advance weapon buildings from RA2/3

Eradicator now don't have range limit to it's teleport ability but cool down increased
Each mastermind that enter to Eradicator will give it more speed and def, so if you want running bull that will crash tanks instead of firepower you now have a reason to add more than one mastermind to the Eradicator

MARV and Sniper team have call for air strike ability, however marv ability only unlock if you put sniper team into it and the sniper turrets shoot 6 clips instead of 2 make it more useful

Zocom and GDI MARV and sniper team have different air strike
GDI's have normal one that good mostly against vehicles while Zocom's have Zone air strike that have sonics and good against buildings, vehicles, and inf

Redeemer Range generator been improved
It now stay for 12s instead of 6s, have more range, and the Stealth redeemer don't reveal itself when it use that ability (which so little range it was honestly stupid form EA to make it reveal itself as it 90% of the times end up backfire it), cooldown also increased though

Eradicator can now also interact with buzzers and I may add to Travelers mind control ability that work only on tier 2-3 units and don't work on building since it will come from these small masterminds squads thingy that I forgot their names ^^

All of these ability were balanced to not be OP but there's always a chances they still a bit stronger, that why I tested it with people and sent beta to other people to see many opinions as possible : P

Now let see who going to ask what ST have? xD

This post has been edited by Egozi44: Oct 22 2015, 20:42 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)