Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

[Review] Shockwave Mod for Zero Hour

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ReLaX Nov 20 2015, 15:11 PM
Hi guys, atm I am playing around with Shockwave a little bit and found an older word file which I wanted to finish and post on GR. The original forum you can find here.

I will use this topic to write sth. about all 12 modded factions plus 3 new factions. In total there are 15 factions available.

Here you can find a detailed description.

In this topic I will describe the major changes. I am not talking about imbalances here since I didn’t play online too much. Major changes could be anything which is worse mentioning in the first case in my opinion. It is written for someone who jumps from ZH 1.04 or ZH 1.06 into Shockwave. Adaption to standard ZH is not a nightmare. Feel free to ask for 1on1 games. If I have time I would like to play it more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Complete game:
1) Defense structures as well as some units can shot “over” supplies which means a hit’n’run with regard to the supplies is more rare. This is kind of a loss of details or needed micro if you ask me. The positions of defense structures are not of such importance now.
2) HQ sell still gives $1000 which is good and does not break usual gameplay.
3) More range to long range units which makes me skeptical if one or the other unit is too powerful with such a range.

Overall China:
1) Dragon tank now can leave a napalm fuel bomb.
2) EMP bomb can be upgraded at $4000 to a neutron bomb.
3) Bullfrog out of HQ available for $100 which can capture buildings. Now you can buy the upgrade and use this guy for the capturing. Can’t drive over infantry as far as I discovered.
4) Siege Soldier from begin on with high range at $600.
5) Flame soldier available which can clear buildings.
6) EMP mines after standard mines available.

Vanilla China:
1) EMP bomber at air field available. Fires 4 missiles which disable buildings and units. Good vs strong defense structures or to disable a war factory plus units in front of it.
2) Anti-Tank Shells for inferno cannons.
3) New defense structures like the flame tower which says it does not need power, but is disables while no power available. There is a mine dispenser for $500 which can block one flank for a bus or something. And there’s a tower which can be equipped with 2 RPGs which detect stealth units, too.

Infantry:
1) Standard Tank “Tigershark” which can have propaganda later on and a small version of a Gatling Tank which can be used to transport 2 units.
2) Infantry Quads with masses of infantry on a cheap basis.
3) New long range unit beside the standard inferno cannon called MLRS.
4) Battle Fortress for $1600 which is like an OL with 8 seats and can take 8 Tigershark shots.

Nuke:
1) Nuke OL has no gat-upgrade available, but a nuclear weapon which can also shoot air, but is not too effective.
2) Inferno Cannon got replaced with Siege Cannon. This one can get an upgrade in the Nuclear Research Plant. 3 missiles doing more extreme damage like a firestorm. Pretty good upgrade.
3) RAD tank has 3 weapons and is for $800 powerful. It can clear buildings, is able to leave radiation which lasts long and can drop a nuclear bomb which alone can take down rax and power plant nearby.

Special Weapon:
-> This is a new faction and not necessary to name all new units.
1) Helicopters instead of trucks for the supply. Means BO & a few tactics like USA can be used.
2) Grinder cannon as T1 unit which shots from above and has a long range against defense structures.
3) Anvil tank which disables building in its vicinity.
4) The super weapon is an overkill. It disables a complete screen and destroys most parts near the center. Might a 7 or 8 minutes would be needed?
5) Hammer Cannons are heavy long range weapons and it can be worse with a gen promotion. Also this $1800 unit can disable structures with a seismic shock.

Tank:
1) Supply trucks are larger and cost $800. It is impossible to have them not driving like small trucks. On the other hand I didn’t check if the income is better. If so, then it should be changed.
2) First new tank is the Reaper which can crush other vehicles and tanks. Needs a gen promotion. It is designed to eliminate Infantry, Light Vehicles, Base defenses.
3) Another tank, the warmaster tank, is available which is meant to fight against tanks.
4) Tank has no bunker anymore, just 2 basic defense structures.
5) Tank has no standard helix anymore which makes this gen fully reliable on tanks as it has no long range weapon.

USA Overall:
1) Ambulances don’t heal vehicles from beginning. It can be upgraded.

Vanilla USA:
1) Pillbox is a very simple base defense structure which needs only one ranger to be in function. Good to close one flank in the early game.
2) Exosuits can take any infantry and then uses a different weapon. I am not too sure if that pais off as it might be too vulnerable and is not micro’ed very easily. Unit inside dies if Exo dies.
3) Losat Humvee as 2nd long range weapon.

Superweapon:
1) SW has a T1 tank which can hold off some gats or quads early on.
2) Humvee fire bomb which does not always hit target. Can be upgraded with a gun which also is anti-air.
3) After teching SW got many new tanks.

Airforce:
1) Got a tank as well which can be upgraded with a rocket just as a scorpion.
2) Can get the pilot training as a gen promotion. Means all start with a promotion.
3) Can build airfields and air pads. Both can produce the King Commanche. At the pad there the Acolyte drone available which can be annoying for $350. Air field hold the ammo upgrade which increases the number of missiles for some air units.
4) Combat Chinook later on available.
5) Carpet Bomber has been moved from lvl 1 to lvl 3 which is a good idea.

Armor:
1) Got a tank as well and can be upgraded with a rocket just as a scorpion, but needs micro to us. Doesn’t fire automatically.
2) Trucks instead helis collect money! Can have drones.
3) A concrete slab can be build for different defense structures. Some are strong defenses.
4) Standard MDs offer no laser lock system.
5) Has no Humvee. More than a tank general.
6) Gladiator should be anti-infantry and air, but actually sucks vs infantry.
7) Mammoth Tank is the OL from this general.
8) No pathfinder and no flashbangs.

Laser:
1) Got a laser paladin.
2) Long range unit available.

Overall GLA:
1) From start on a mobile anti-tank gun is available in the rax. But this unit seems to be bugged.
2) Mine Drop as a gen promotion enables you to place a net which is like a bigger field of demo traps.
3) Extra salvage upgrade at black market means extra bonus from start on. Also there is gen promotion dropping salvage. Worth to upgrade long range weapons in the background like a scud launcher.
4) Rebel ambush is no with Rebells and RPGs.

Vanilla GLA:
1) It can by an airfield and then a balloon equipped with 2 RPGS for $625 ($600 cost 2 RPGs). It is slow. The only time needed could be getting with a worker to points which are not reachable via ground or do destroy buggies without air protection. Setting a waypoint doesn’t work.
2) New unit, the Chamelion. Has a longer range than tunnels & stinger sites and can get stealthed while standing still.
3) Quad bike at supply available. That means workers can travel fast over long distances early on if you look at bigger maps and not only 1on1. The Combat Cycle is available in the WF.
4) Rocket buggies come with level 1!

Toxin:
1) Gen Promotion Level 3 Nerve gas can kill units inside vehicles which is very strong vs. groups of units.
2) Technical uses toxin and can clear buildings.

Stealth:
1) Stealth now has a tank the cobra which makes a huge different in the gameplay against tank based opponents.
2) Stealth can use an assassin later on which is the GLA’s pathfinder.
3) Mobs have been changed to fundamentalists who don’t need an upgrade in the palace.
4) Stealthed combat cycles from beginning.

Demo:
1) Angry mob can deal even more damage with the special upgrade in the palace, armed with dynamite.
2) Demo Trap generals promotion.
3) Demo saboteur can place bombs at buildings and is stealthed. Can also disable or reset timer in HQ.
4) Bomb truck can get an upgrade for %500 with a nuclear bomb which destroys a HQ by nearly a half!

Salvage:
1) This general “losses” it’s technical. The fast hit’n’run unit to use as dozer hunter combined with RPGs or to take down structures with terrorists.
2) Secondly the quad also has lower speed which makes it harder to hunt for Humvees.
3) Terrorists can use bombs. Be careful the standard function is the bomb! Should be changed within next patch as you know need to switch to get the “standard” function.
4) Salvage upgrade available after level 3 for all units. Massively improves your force for $300 each unit instantly. Not worth for all, but instantly accessible!
5) No battlebus, but Basilisk similar big as an OL.
6) Has an instant repair mode at a low repair rate for all tanks.

Feel free and don't hesitate to discuss about this mod.

Cheers, ReLaX.

This post has been edited by ReLaX: Dec 24 2015, 14:33 PM

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Specovik Nov 20 2015, 18:34 PM
Here are a couple of examples of the gameplay:

p.s. about my skill... 0wn3d.gif

Clan: WbG

+
# 3ReLaX Nov 21 2015, 08:23 AM
This videos are not visible to me in Germany sadly.

We could also play some 1on1 if you like.

+
# 4Specovik Nov 21 2015, 10:47 AM
Why 99% of all videos on YouTube is always blocked (and only) in Germany? >.<

Clan: WbG

+
# 5ReLaX Nov 21 2015, 10:59 AM
I can't help it.

I have also put some GLA parts in it.
More to add if I find the file I did for USA some month ago.

This post has been edited by ReLaX: Nov 21 2015, 12:09 PM

+
# 6Johnesson Nov 21 2015, 12:58 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 21 2015, 08:23 AM) *

This videos are not visible to me in Germany sadly.

We could also play some 1on1 if you like.

Hi ReLax why not watch them via proxy sites e.g. http://www.vidproxy.com/

I from Germany too and know this problem but it´s not a problem anymore wink.gif

+
# 7ReLaX Nov 21 2015, 15:18 PM
Worked somehow. Thanks!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)