Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

GameReplays Tournament Series

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 16:01 PM
GameReplays Tournament Series

The series of Occasional Tournaments (OTs) should be a kind of fun tournaments including many kinds of different tournaments contrary to straight-forward tournaments like a World Series. It could be a mod for ZH, Classic Generals, ZH 1.06 or just ZH 1.04 with different rules.

In the first case the fun and good sportsmanship is what I am looking for. If anyone wants to help me here feel free to contact me. In most cases these tournaments don’t include prizes. On the other hand ranking points can be gained for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place and also for participation. It will be somehow similar to a tournament raw in the past, which you can find here. In any case a profil on Gamreplays is required as this is the place where tournaments are performed.

Here are the points/trophies:
1st place will gain 20 points & IPB Image
2nd place will gain 15 points & IPB Image
3rd place will gain 10 points & IPB Image
4th place will gain 5 points
Participation gains 1 point

For bad behavior we may give some penalties in form of point reduction and the turd IPB Image.

In the following you can see the rankings and the list of tournaments which have already been played or those which are planned in the near future.

---------

Rankings

Players inside Top 8 are shown in here

#01 - 55 points - Dominator IPB Image(#1) IPB Image(#2) IPB Image(#3)
#02 - 20 points - OwenCover IPB Image(#2)
#03 - 16 points - Ringo IPB Image(#1)
#04 - 16 points - DustyRhodes IPB Image(#3)
#05 - 10 points - Boycah IPB Image(#2)
#06 - 10 points - Cedric/MadMax IPB Image(#1)
#07 - 10 points - Maraker IPB Image(#3)
#08 - 05 points - Tazmany

Turds:
GenMaster IPB Image(#2)
GeDiRcOHOw IPB Image(#2)
Saxofonist IPB Image(#2)
GeneralCamo IPB Image(#3)
Specovic IPB Image(#3)
---------

Tournaments

#1 - ZH 1.06 - 1on1 [Jan 2015]
#2 - ZH 1.04 - 1on1 [Dec 2015 / Jan 2016]
#3 - Shockwave - 1on1 [Jan 2016]
---
#4 - ZH 1on1 1.04 Tournament, Random and vice versa [Feb 2016]
#5 - ZH 2on2 1.04 Tournament, Random [Feb 2016]
#6 - Planned: CCG 1on1 Tournament

---------

Feel free to provide some inputs in terms of ideas or opinions.

Cheers, ReLaX.

This post has been edited by ReLaX: Feb 13 2016, 19:02 PM

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 16:03 PM
--- Placeholder if more space is needed ---

+
# 3BoYcaH0 Nov 22 2015, 17:47 PM
That is actually a pretty cool idea biggrin.gif Then we could see who's ranked best in tourny's! Similar to what they do on cyberbattle. I like it!

+
# 4ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 18:23 PM
I am planning for a 1on1 ZH 1.04 Tournament as well as you can see in the Tournaments' list.

Any ideas apart from the standard Random?
I have several possibities in midn, but you may have others, maybe better one's.

+
# 5BoYcaH0 Nov 22 2015, 18:42 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 22 2015, 13:23 PM) *

I am planning for a 1on1 ZH 1.04 Tournament as well as you can see in the Tournaments' list.

Any ideas apart from the standard Random?
I have several possibities in midn, but you may have others, maybe better one's.

You mean for armies? Hmm.. Tox vs inf...air vs stealth...nuke vs gla... like maybe do each player gets to play as each vs each in a BO3(or Just do 4 games and whoever wins more wins and if its a tie then last game is mirror of most won with army between the 2 players?) and if they make it 1-1 then they have to play a mirror of the army the last player won with for the last round? just an idea ^^

+
# 6ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 19:25 PM
Yes, that's was my idea.

Define a matchup for each round and play it vice versa and if its a draw after the first 4 games in a BO5 for example than another defined mirror will be played. That would be just fair.

But I am not sure if a BO9 or BO11 could get too boring.
But then again you could define 2 different matchups; problem solved.

Also you could do mirror matches like Tox-Mirror, AF-Mirror, INF-Mirror to the end of each BO.

ReLaX

+
# 7-DoMiNaToR- Nov 22 2015, 19:27 PM
BO5 if anything

+
# 8BoYcaH0 Nov 22 2015, 19:33 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 22 2015, 14:25 PM) *

Yes, that's was my idea.

Define a matchup for each round and play it vice versa and if its a draw after the first 4 games in a BO5 for example than another defined mirror will be played. That would be just fair.

But I am not sure if a BO9 or BO11 could get too boring.
But then again you could define 2 different matchups; problem solved.

Also you could do mirror matches like Tox-Mirror, AF-Mirror, INF-Mirror to the end of each BO.

ReLaX

Yea, that sounds good. I mean we could pick the most annoying match ups like sw vs nuke or stealth vs tox xD would make interesting games with players on similar skill levels. each player gets both sides of the coin anyways so it'd be fair.

+
# 9ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 19:47 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Nov 22 2015, 21:27 PM) *

BO5 if anything

Sure.

+
# 10^RiNgO Nov 22 2015, 20:30 PM
How bout random, but where the armies must be reversed in the next round? So if for example player A gets AFG and player B gets USA, in the next match they must re with Player A as USA and player B as AFG?

+
# 11ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 21:56 PM
Could be also possible. Maybe too complicated?

+
# 12^RiNgO Nov 22 2015, 22:33 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 22 2015, 21:56 PM) *

Could be also possible. Maybe too complicated?

Surely not that hard to just switch armies after each game?

+
# 13ReLaX Nov 22 2015, 22:36 PM
Not for me and for you. We'll See how that would work out.

+
# 14-DoMiNaToR- Nov 23 2015, 13:12 PM
Random and then next game reverse armies.

Very simple.

Always gg.

I quite like mirrors too

+
# 15DustyRhodes Nov 23 2015, 18:38 PM
Good idea with including 1.06 and shockwave

+
# 16ReLaX Nov 23 2015, 19:49 PM
That means you are okay with that but dislike that I will include classic one?

+
# 17DustyRhodes Nov 24 2015, 04:30 AM
So-so, I think ccg is very much stands out, but I don't mind playing it

+
# 18Specovik Nov 24 2015, 10:21 AM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Nov 22 2015, 19:01 PM) *

The series of Occasional Tournaments (OTs) should be a kind of fun tournaments including many kinds of different tournaments contrary to straight-forward tournaments like a World Series. It could be a mod for ZH, Classic Generals, ZH 1.06 or just ZH 1.04 with different rules.

In the first case the fun and good sportsmanship is what I am looking for. If anyone ... In any case a profil on Gamreplays is required as this is the place where tournaments are performed.

Here are the points/trophies:
1st place will gain 40 points & IPB Image

Cheers, ReLaX.

First of all, that's what I say about it - you have a good idea. maybe the best of the offered on this website for all its existence. And now a sad reasoning aloud.
I are actually never could understand this disdainful attitude toward tournaments on gamereplays.org. Here tournament "movement" is always supported at the minimum level. It is expressed by one single annual tournament (World Series) and by one (maximum of three) additional unplanned tournament a year. At the same time - until this very moment all tournaments (including the WS) looks like a makeshift. Announcement - in the ordinary topic, furthermore - in the ordinary section of the forum. The topic running of the tournament - similarly. Almost always - no news on the main page of this section, on such events - like the announcement of the tournament, the start of the tournament, the interim results of the tournament, the final results of the tournament and congratulations to the winners. Tournament tables are presented predominantly in the form of a picture, compiled in Paint or as a page on some "left" the site, which is sure to have a week after the tournament lost in the depths of history. There are no interviews with the winners, there are no winners of encouragement that would have marked right here forever. Until recently, the only the rank was to Marked "CCG/ZH expert". Quite recently, finally, introduced a system of awards - and this, of course, wonderful. Though, it looks to put it mildly, very mediocre. Why? So Just take a look at how this is done: Here's an example from a WS15 on CCG now- the player who takes the first place in the tournament, receiving his medal in the notice - what he won 2 tournaments ...And that's all there is. What is this nonsense? It must be so: He won one tournament - get a medal. He won another tournament - Achievement Receive a second Level in medal. Of course - this is not enough. Is vitally important to note directly into the medal - What tournament and when to the man won. and a link to this tournament. To every casual passer-by could instantly understand - for what, and when a person has received their reward. To always remains in memory. Like this:
IPB Image

Why, it would seem a trifle - but important (!) for all these years as well did not realize - for me it's a great mystery century.
Another is your problem - it is a comfort during carrying out tournaments. Probably - very few people at this point are not know about the existence cyberbattle.org. For what and for whom most important it is made? For all. For convenience. It was created NOT for the purpose of an alternative gr.org.And not in order to you every possible way to show that we can better (given how persistently you refuse to use it - I can only build such assumptions about your thoughts). But for just in order to ... just take - and to enjoy. To each organizer can at the highest level to hold its tournament. In the same fact there everything you need! Normally, the human registration of participants. Comfortable seating regulations and rules of the tournament. Realized various options for the tournament systems (in this case - all specially sharpened for the Generals). Human standings. Convenient design games. Loading replays directly in confrontation. The ability to add video to confrontation. In addition, it is always saved in the history in a convenient form, and each player individually, you can check the results from all tournaments played them. And a lot of other things.
I can only guess - why the website that was created specifically for tournaments especially for generals, the site - which has existed since 2012 year - so far so violently ignored by the people - for which it was created. It's just not even logically. Is that - pride? "We will continue to hold tournaments in the same way as they are performed in the Stone Age, but just not to use the benefits of civilization - created by anyone other, but for us." Dominator, TazMany, Leikeze, Boycah and all the others, who took part in the tournament organized by us - tell me - is it was uncomfortable or horrible? After all - in parallel, no one bothers to keep the conversation going as before to created topic here running the tournament. Here I swear - you complain all the time - that small number of people playingij ZH. And while you are all done mainly through the ass.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
That suggested this topic Relax - we are always happy to support you. I can only hope that the idea Relax support of this (gr.org) community activists (toxic shock; viking; xezon; mr x; krew and all others) - and then pick up speed. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Specovik: Nov 24 2015, 10:33 AM

Clan: WbG

+
# 19ReLaX Nov 24 2015, 16:48 PM
no news on the main page of this section, on such events

--> Xezon and GR had done news in the past. If I plan atourney I will ask them. I hope they can write something.

There are no interviews with the winners, there are no winners of encouragement that would have marked right here forever.

--> It could be anyone who will be interviewed. i would appreciate this if GR can do it.

For my tournaments I try to use cyberbattle.org or another page to make it easier for me. As a will run tournaments just for fun I am looking to make it as easy as possible.

RelaX

+
# 20DustyRhodes Nov 24 2015, 16:51 PM
For my tournaments I try to use cyberbattle.org or another page to make it easier for me.

You're on the right way.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)