Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Men of the West Build Orders Discussion

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MauHúR Jun 20 2016, 14:47 PM
Discuss my new guide on MotW builds here!

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2MauHúR Jun 20 2016, 14:49 PM
I'll be publishing such a guide for each faction every monday from now on, hope they are helpful smile.gif

+
# 3Mako Jun 20 2016, 16:22 PM
1) WOW
2) wich start you use against every faction?

Some guys says to me to make 2 Barrak vs gobs.. i think that knight start is better no? maybe deleating PB after first battalion

+
# 4MauHúR Jun 20 2016, 17:25 PM
QUOTE(Mako @ Jun 20 2016, 16:22 PM) *

Some guys says to me to make 2 Barrak vs gobs.. i think that knight start is better no? maybe deleating PB after first battalion

2 Rax spam, no matter vs. which factions, always requires a lot of aggression and multitasking from Men cause it's designed to press the eco and not to take good fights vs. his army. It can definitely work vs. Gobs but eventually you'll need riders or Rangers anyway cause a pure SoG/Pike army will get defeated by compositions like GW+GA or Wildmen + Xbow. The strength of 2 rax is the overwhelming amount of SoGs you can get very quickly, but again it's also very easy to lose a bunch of them without achieving a lot, so you need a good sense for distraction and timing to get the most out of it.

I'm not a fan of deleting the Stables when you do a cav start vs. Gobs cause you will most likely need another one later anyway. Also Gobs have a rather easy time defending vs. a single bat of Knights cause of the tunnel system and a fast switch into infantry wouldnt catch them surprised either cause they cant mix in pikes anyway that would weaken their army composition.

I personally do fast rax into archery range vs. Gobs cause that constant pressure will require him to use all of his GWs for defense so I can get a nice eco behind it. As long as my farms are untouched in the earlygame I feel good vs. Gobs cause my Rohi will come fast enough.

+
# 5brabox Jun 20 2016, 20:47 PM
100% safe, verified build orders SPAM FREE download 1 now, get 1 for free - No Credit Card Required

Jokes aside, good guide! I like the little descriptions. Some helpful insights for beginners on trade-offs of BOs. I like the "you're very likely to get away with this in most situations..." line about greedy starts tongue.gif.
A suggestion: perhaps it's good to note the minor differences between 1v1 and 2v2? Greedy starts often work less well on Buckland (due to size) unless you coordinate with your ally or something like that.
That would make the guide less concise though.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 6MauHúR Jun 20 2016, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Jun 20 2016, 20:47 PM) *

A suggestion: perhaps it's good to note the minor differences between 1v1 and 2v2? Greedy starts often work less well on Buckland (due to size) unless you coordinate with your ally or something like that.
That would make the guide less concise though.

Yes, I shouldve mentioned that this is all about 1v1, in teamgames everything gets a lot more flexible/complicated so I'd have to write an essay for each build there.

+
# 7Nemozey Jul 1 2016, 06:48 AM
Just wow Mau! I honestly love how much effort you put into keeping this game going, i mean you've not only made some awesome maps, and other guides. Maps where units fly off bridges! tongue.gif But now this! I wish this was around when i started playing, i had to learn the hard way, luckily for me, some awesome guys on gameranger took time to share some of those tacs. Ive been looking for a guide on creeping, coulden't find one. I know how to creep tongue.gif But ive seen new players trying to creep wight lairs, over and over again and fail. So maybe that's another guide for you in the future to do? smile.gif And not only the wight lairs, but also with a bit of micro, how easy it is to creep a warg lair, with archers. (Using builder as decoy)
And ect. Holla if you need my help anytime. And Well done! smile.gif

+
# 8MauHúR Jul 1 2016, 06:53 AM
Thaaanks, that's the type of comment that keeps me going.

+
# 9Muadd Sep 21 2016, 15:22 PM
One cool and and less risky cav start is 2 Rbs > Stables > Gondor Knights > Delete stables > Barracks > RB > Gondor soldiers. If your cav micro is good it works vs anything

Clan: GoF|

+
# 10MauHúR Sep 21 2016, 15:59 PM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Sep 21 2016, 15:22 PM) *

One cool and and less risky cav start is 2 Rbs > Stables > Gondor Knights > Delete stables > Barracks > RB > Gondor soldiers. If your cav micro is good it works vs anything

Yes I mentioned that possibility for the cav start. Allows you to pump out SoGs AND GAs unusually fast and surprise your opponent with the quick transition while he's still forced to mix in pikes.

+
# 11CirillA Sep 21 2016, 18:17 PM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Sep 21 2016, 15:22 PM) *

Your missing one important factor.. you cannot execute any strategy successfully. You are terrible.

Clan: [FtN]

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 12Muadd Sep 21 2016, 18:23 PM
ban alexboy. so rude

+
# 13TheRingisHot Sep 21 2016, 19:04 PM
can't ban people for speaking the truth

+
# 14Muadd Sep 21 2016, 21:34 PM
QUOTE(TheRingisHot @ Sep 21 2016, 19:04 PM) *

can't ban people for speaking the truth

Yet they ban me on monthly basis. Prolly bcuz im black is a majour thing aswell.

+
# 15brabox Sep 21 2016, 22:09 PM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Sep 21 2016, 22:34 PM) *

Yet they ban me on monthly basis. Prolly bcuz im black is a majour thing aswell.

Create a new nick and make sure staff doesn't find out you're black. Or Maudd.
Profit?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)