Yes
39.62% (21)
No

Total Votes: 53
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 14del Apr 20 2015, 13:53 PM
Hello folks,

As i have already mentioned in another thread i would like to start a poll about giving Vindies an expert badge.
The reason why I don´t want to start a similar poll in the expert forum for now is simply because there won´t be any response.
In my view we have to change the way how player can get an expert badge and that is why i want to consult the whole community but of course i am going to tell a couple of experts to take a look at this poll as well.

Do you think Vindies should become the first RedAlert 3 expert in 2015 ?
Please vote and argue whether he deserves to be an expert or not within five days!

(I hope the admins and maybe even some other experts agree with me that there is simply no other efficient way to discuss this topic...)

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 24del Apr 20 2015, 14:04 PM
In my opinion Vindies is one of the best and most active player left. He proved himself to be a worthy candidate for the expert badge in several competitions like the for the win tournemants. I am not sure how many of them he has already won but i suppose he is going to win many more in the future.

+
# 3Constable Chris Apr 20 2015, 14:57 PM
Indeed i vote yes. Personally i think he deserves it. He has proven himself.

Clan: H2O

+
# 4Yieii¢!a Apr 20 2015, 16:02 PM
It's really a close one imo, but i finally votet no.

His AvE is very strong, but i feel like that's it. He is absolutely able to win maps of everyone, but has he ever won a series (in kind a convincing way) vs Dankal, Yui, Zokker, Emi, C9, Lictor, Walf? I don't want to sound disrespectful, im one of those guys that likes to watch his stream etc and think he has improved a lot and is definitely one of the best now and most active, but what opponents are there really?

He lost vs 4del, but wins his games vs good players like kiro etc. It seems really hard to tell how good he really is in a overall view and also comparing his game to the other experts. Of course he might not have had the skill he has now, when the players mentioned above were on their best and it's not his fault that there aren't a lot of top notch players left, but giving him the badge anyway just feels a bit strange, since he never really dominated the game like other experts before (or at least not, when it was really competitive).

On the other hand he is such an entertaining player. Using the spy vs Empire, building super weapons vs very good players and deciding games with the second ability of aircraft carriers. I hope he continues to play wheter or not he gets the badge.

If he gets it, he deserves it.

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 5Commissioner Sybert Apr 20 2015, 17:01 PM
QUOTE(4del @ Apr 20 2015, 05:53 AM) *
(I hope the admins and maybe even some other experts agree with me that there is simply no other efficient way to discuss this topic...)

I think it has been proven that there's absolutely no efficient way to discuss this topic. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try, and it is time for our annual expert discussion. I will be reading and evaluating this topic to see where it goes.

+
# 6Master x Apr 20 2015, 17:17 PM
I wouldn't vote ... it doesn't worth that 2 minutes of thinking whether he deserve a badge or not. What's difference the badge will make anyways ...

Game: AirMech

+
# 7Andrey_96 Apr 20 2015, 17:47 PM
Vindies best player in game, Of course YES

+
# 8kiro Apr 20 2015, 17:56 PM
I’m just laughing at poeple telling « We have never seen him winning any event or really pro players ». Really ? You definitely don’t know what about you’re talking then.

Name me one single Empire or Soviet player (Except Dankal ofc) who did win Vindies CONSTANTLY on the last 2 years ? Being Empire, I can tell you I haven’t seen any of the “very old or new pro†dominating him. NONE. Despite the fact, a lot of them tried to get back and beastly failed at beating Allies pro.
Emi, JuJu, DD, 4del, P3r_, Jeromo, Technique.. At some point they all tried to get back and being competitive but haven’t been capable to beat Vindies constantly in a serie.. I’ve even seen him beating QO at the very beginning Vindies “pro performance†while most ppl were thinking QO was the “best†active player. Just give a look at his old stream.

Com’on.. Seriously.. He has been being on the top scene for the last 2 years, made and won tons of finals, he’s being more than excellent in any kind of match up which is not necessary true for all the expert, as good as in individual than team games, has tons of replays on the popular section, he’s even the last guy who did make an HOF replay. He has his own and very creative playstyle (spies, sw…) Pretty active in game and forums, what else do you need to claim that badge ? He just has the best profile to claim that badge and I think he showed enough skill to be recognized as Expert. There’s not even a point to discuss about it imo lol.

His AvA might be his weakest point, and this is probably why he didn’t win any “major†event lately, because Allies crushed all the other factions for something like 1.5-2 years with a 100% semi + final in most tourneys. Still imo, this shouldn’t be a determining factor to NOT name him expert. And if you just keep holding on that “little†point despite all the other facts, then your opinion is just biased.

+
# 9CCZD-Tony Apr 20 2015, 21:43 PM
I've always remained neutral over these issues since I think the whole expert system just doesn't make sense. Similar discussions over expert qualifications have been there for no less than two years, whether the subject being c9, yui or vindies, one thing we know for sure : no conclusion is drawn yet - and I don't think anything has changed up till now so that we could finally sort this out.

Given the fact that few players are active today, it is actually even harder to decide whether a player qualifies to be an expert - obviously winning a FTW#31 trophy cannot and should not line up with wining a FTW#15 trophy... And more importantly, are we even looking at the number of trophies someone has got? If not, then what? His reputation/replays/playstyle? People could argue over this day in day out...

My suggestion is we end this pointless discussion right here right now since apparently there are some objections. Vindies will get what he deserves eventually if he keeps improving, maybe just not now. ^^

+
# 10Loony_ Apr 20 2015, 22:19 PM
QUOTE(CCZD-Tony @ Apr 21 2015, 00:43 AM) *

I've always remained neutral over these issues since I think the whole expert system just doesn't make sense. Similar discussions over expert qualifications have been there for no less than two years, whether the subject being c9, yui or vindies, one thing we know for sure : no conclusion is drawn yet - and I don't think anything has changed up till now so that we could finally sort this out.

Given the fact that few players are active today, it is actually even harder to decide whether a player qualifies to be an expert - obviously winning a FTW#31 trophy cannot and should not line up with wining a FTW#15 trophy... And more importantly, are we even looking at the number of trophies someone has got? If not, then what? His reputation/replays/playstyle? People could argue over this day in day out...

My suggestion is we end this pointless discussion right here right now since apparently there are some objections. Vindies will get what he deserves eventually if he keeps improving, maybe just not now. ^^

haters gonna hate

Clan: m8s

+
# 11zokker13 Apr 21 2015, 03:48 AM

This post has been edited by zokker13: Jun 27 2015, 14:28 PM

Game: None

+
# 12CCZD-Tony Apr 21 2015, 10:05 AM
QUOTE(Loony_ @ Apr 21 2015, 06:19 AM) *

haters gonna hate

I ain't no hater baby

+
# 13Ronovic Apr 21 2015, 10:48 AM
What is an expert?

Lets look at the definition:
"A person who is very knowledgeable about or skillful in a particular area."
or
"Having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience."

Lets take experience.
"Practical contact with and observation of facts or events."

Is Ra3:
Practical? YES!
Eventful? YES!

Is Vindies:
Knowledgeable about Ra3? YES!
Skillfull? YES!
Experienced? YES!

Therefore an Expert? YES!

In full seriousness... lets not be harsh or unreasonable with this, i see no reason (other than envy or jealousy) that someone would veto in this poll. This is not a competition, it's a mere case of commensalism. I agree with what Kiro has to say.

Unless the skies open up and a miracle of great proportion is produced, Vindies will be the last Expert named for Ra3. Think about that.

This post has been edited by Ronovic: Apr 21 2015, 10:53 AM

+
# 14zokker13 Apr 21 2015, 14:10 PM

+
# 15Inspector RaGe Apr 21 2015, 14:33 PM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ Apr 20 2015, 22:48 PM) *

I've seen Vindies openly admitting to dodge GBH in the Grinder league.
That is not Expert behavior.

That's a special rule I'm sure everyone will take advantage of, and he played him shortly after and won 4-2. Nice try though.

+
# 16psychoturtle Apr 21 2015, 17:27 PM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ Apr 21 2015, 15:10 PM) *

So is FFF, Kiro and Dimon.
I thought Lictor was the last RA3 expert. happy.gif
If the requirements of becoming an expert would be easy to observe and defined by a clear pattern, the only people who should be able to vote for them should be the staff members. Players (especially other experts) are extremely biased (just look at QueenOni's expert badge... ..uhh, oh!)

Zokker is making the most sense here.

I'd be shocked that after Lictor (who is very strong indeed), Vindies were to get the badge before players who did far more in their time. *coughyuiQOc9etc*

He is creative, entertaining, skilled, all of that stands and can't be denied. But only exceptional players deserve that badge, and sorry to all of his fans, he is not one of those players.

Maybe he will rise up to the title in the future though. He could achieve it.

+
# 17Inspector RaGe Apr 21 2015, 18:02 PM
QUOTE(psychoturtle @ Apr 21 2015, 12:27 PM) *

*coughyuiQOc9etc*

Yui has an expert badge. wink.gif

+
# 18who cares Apr 21 2015, 18:23 PM
hey guys i have made an old post and it was about why c9 is not expert player
and i have seen strange comments from same members who r supporting for new expert with funny contradictions
member xxxxx :Why start this again? This pointless discussion. sad.gif
expert xxxxx: there is no sufficient number of public to judge. and less than 30 players play the game regularly? this game is dead. just leave it be and find something else.
another 1 : "That's pointless to name new experts because the game is dead anyway" (Emi, Dankal and JuJu) isn't an argument IMO. This is unfair for the players who keep playing and bringing something to the community and still have the hope to get the badge one day.
another expert : This game is dead and it's fact. You may not like it, but denying is out of touch. Don't expect that we rule the system, which has been designed for an environment which doesn't exist now.

and now u guys wanna do public vote and neglect the expert system which is not exist now and it was also vanished when i wrote that post
also what is the real scale to give some 1 a badge tourney in 2015 vs tourney in 2012 for example what is the difference in level between the 2 tourneys ?
the system is bad and destroyed what was left already
also from what i saw i can say this community is prejudice give the 1 who likes and neglect the 1 who dont like him
QO and c9 deserved it but i think it is clear now why they didn't have it .
if some 1 was inactive after he did great achievement and he didn't take what he deserve like expert badge it is mistake of the GR it self not the player coz the people who are responsible for expert give away were TOO MUCH LAZY
and those players still deserve to take what they want and GR owe to them with that coz of their laziness
u guys said it is a dead game for some 1 and refused to make new experts and also replaced it with lighthouse system
so you shouldn't open up this discussion from the beginning coz it is not fair

it is like if u r vindies's friend press yes if ur not press no
something like that should be done be fair scales and achievements and judges whom they r not exist any more
also if the inactivity is a factor then all inactive experts should lose it since they become lower than they used to be however it was the GR mistake coz of laziness to give it to them in time
RIP dead alert 3

This post has been edited by who cares: Apr 21 2015, 18:58 PM

+
# 19GBHmichael Apr 21 2015, 19:23 PM
I know there are many problems with the expert system and I honestly can't be bothered with having the exact same argument we always have so I'll get straight to the point.

The expert system should be a way of celebrating the players who are currently at the top of the active RA3 scene. Vindies fits this category. He should get the tag along with a number of others.

+
# 20zokker13 Apr 21 2015, 20:01 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)