Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

personal balance MOD

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Nachov Apr 27 2015, 03:27 AM
a couple of friend of mine are making a Balance mod for red alert 3 that involves diferent strategies and less insta kill abilities, need a little feedback and opinions

--general changes--

-removed top secret ptotocols
-line of sight of buildings and units reduced 10%
-superweapons dont reveal in the map
-fog of war covers terrain inmediatly if no units are in sight
-obserbatory now gives surveillance sweep ability when captured instead of big radius

--allies changes--

-allies start with advances aeronautics like an inborn talent
-peacekeeper riot shield change to instant effect (same duration as charge from IW)
-guardian tank special ability replaced with "land mine" (drops a mine wich deals x damage when enemy pasess near by)
-mirage tank special "bubble animation" ability invisible to enemy
-cryocopter ability, decrease target shrink duration
-century bomber can haul vehicles
-construction yard construction limit decreased to match soviet and empire ones
-repair drones removed from the 3 war building and added to the command hub
-all command hubs upgrades automaticaly when the Construction yard does
-chronospere grant cryoblast ability

(optional)
-proton collider grant free trade

--soviet changes--

-soviet start with terror drone surprise and grinder treads upgrade like an inborn talent
-flak trooper cost reduced to $300
-bear "roar" ability change: now grant friendly units inmunity to stunt and a small buff to armor for a short period of time
-airfield building time decreased to 20 seconds
-iron curtain grant desolator airstrike

(optional)
-vacum imploder grant mass production

--empire changes--

-empire start with rocket pods and honorable discharge like an inborn talent
-repair drones removed from the 2 war buildings and added to the MCV (building form only)
-jet tengu price increased to $950
-sky wing cost reduced to $850
-rocket angel now requires nanotech mainframe and first dojo upgrade to be built
-burst drone damage vs aircraft increased 50%
-nanoswarm grant emperor restribiuton

(optional)
-psionic decimator grant robotic asembly

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Ronovic Apr 27 2015, 09:52 AM
You sir are a soviet player smile.gif

Soviets only get buffs, while allies + Emp are nerfed majorly.
you will see this will fatally change the balance of gameplay. enjoy

Clan: m8s

+
# 3Constable Chris Apr 27 2015, 12:51 PM
No offence, really, but these changes make no sense, and they are clearly killing the Strategic dimension of the game.In other words, less strategy is involved with these changes...

Firstly, -removed top secret ptotocols . This is the biggest problem among these changes. Top secret protocols have always been VERY important in every single game, and they are a key part of the strategy involved in the game. It opens up for different type of offensive/Defensive strategies, and it has been removed. One of the factors contributing to the removal of the strategic dimension.

Secondly,-superweapons dont reveal in the map
-obserbatory now gives surveillance sweep ability when captured instead of big radius

The change regarding the superweapon, qualifies to Super weapons being OP... Players should be able to tell where they are located, so they can think up a tactic to counter it. I mean, it's bad enough that there is 5 mins max before the SuperWeapon is activated...

As for the Observation post, why did you allow an Allied power, to be used by all factions? Why should you limit the importance of this structure to a power that has to be constantly triggered to reveal just a small part of the map...

Thirdly, -allies start with advances aeronautics like an inborn talent
-peacekeeper riot shield change to instant effect (same duration as charge from IW)
-guardian tank special ability replaced with "land mine" (drops a mine wich deals x damage when enemy pasess near by)
-mirage tank special "bubble animation" ability invisible to enemy
-cryocopter ability, decrease target shrink duration
-century bomber can haul vehicles
-construction yard construction limit decreased to match soviet and empire ones
-repair drones removed from the 3 war building and added to the command hub
-all command hubs upgrades automaticaly when the Construction yard does
-chronospere grant cryoblast ability

(optional)
-proton collider grant free trade

Allies starting with Advanced Aeronautics ? What if the Allied player decided to go for a Tank/Naval based strategy? In this case the initial upgrade given to the player is rendered useless. And that is exactly why you need the protocol system here, so he can spend his initial security point to an upgrade that will compliment his chosen strategy.

Peacekeeper's riot shield... It should be activated as long as the player needs it, otherwise it's usefulness is very limited.

Guardian Tank's new land mine ability. In my opinion it's target painter is much more useful, or i can just spam guardian tanks and put mines all over the map...

Cryocopter 's decrease in shrink ray range. That's a very controversial change because changes like these have been discussed in the past, and we saw a very clear variety in opinions.

Century Bomber can haul vehicles. Because Tanya drops have proven ineffective? On top of that, it starts with Advanced Aeronautics, which increase its ammunition and armor.

Removal of the repair drones... Why? I cannot think of any good reason why they should be removed...

Command hubs upgrade when the Con yard does. I can just place armor facilities everywhere i have a command hub, and spam mirages and athenas where i need them.

Chronosphere grants cryoblast. Makes no sense, another reason to have the protocol tree. It's enough that you already have a super weapon at your disposal, but an additional support power?

The same thing goes to the proton collider. Super weapons have nothing to do with a player's economy.

4rth,-soviet start with terror drone surprise and grinder treads upgrade like an inborn talent
-flak trooper cost reduced to $300
-iron curtain grant desolator airstrike

(optional)
-vacum imploder grant mass production

Soviets starting with Terror drone surprise AND Grinder Treads ? That is just making soviet tanks stronger than they already are. Hammer tanks are considerrably very strong. That's too much.

Iron Curtain grants Desolator strike. Same thing said about the Chronosphere.

5th,-empire start with rocket pods and honorable discharge like an inborn talent
-repair drones removed from the 2 war buildings and added to the MCV (building form only)
-jet tengu price increased to $950
-sky wing cost reduced to $850
-rocket angel now requires nanotech mainframe and first dojo upgrade to be built
-burst drone damage vs aircraft increased 50%
-nanoswarm grant emperor restribiuton

(optional)
-psionic decimator grant robotic asembly

Repair drones removed, same thing said about the armor facility , no good reason to remove them.
Jet Tengu price increased to 950. In my opinion, 800$ is good for units like these.
Rocket Angel, they are a tier 3 unit, hence they need the full Dojo breakthrough.
Nanoswarm, same thing said about the chronoshpere.
Psionic Decimator,same thing said regarding the Proton collider and Vaccum Imploder.

Look, i appreciate your efforts in order to balance the game, but game balance is a serious thing, and you need a variety of opinions before you consider changing it.

Clan: H2O

+
# 4zokker13 Apr 27 2015, 14:18 PM

This post has been edited by zokker13: Jun 27 2015, 14:27 PM

Game: None

+
# 5Constable Chris Apr 27 2015, 15:48 PM
I removed the pk splash damage for the purpose of fixing a game bug. Im not giving advice about balancing.

He asked for feedback on his mod, thats what i did. I gave my feedback with reasons to support my claims. Story ends here.

+
# 6007Goldeneye Apr 27 2015, 17:37 PM
QUOTE(Ronovic @ Apr 27 2015, 04:52 AM) *

You sir are a soviet player smile.gif

Soviets only get buffs, while allies + Emp are nerfed majorly.
you will see this will fatally change the balance of gameplay. enjoy

Who are you again and what are you doing in the Red Alert 3 section. Go back to Dota right meow!

+
# 7Nachov Apr 27 2015, 21:20 PM
we were thinkin the sov are the less strong faction in RA3, just because the easy cheese allied players can make to them... that why we meant to cut down the protocols tree and focus on the important and less op protocols to be activated with the "never used" superweapons, we watched a lot of replays and all agree that there is no single 1v1 match a superweapon is builded, not even the iron curtain, chronosphere, nanoswarm core, we just tought of an idea to be builded by a player in a pro match, the remaining changes are for the underused units to have a "purpose" for being builded

thx for the feedback

+
# 8GBHmichael Apr 27 2015, 22:08 PM
Lol.

Need I say more?

+
# 9{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Apr 28 2015, 09:40 AM
QUOTE(Nachov @ Apr 27 2015, 21:20 PM) *

we were thinkin the sov are the less strong faction in RA3, just because the easy cheese allied players can make to them... that why we meant to cut down the protocols tree and focus on the important and less op protocols to be activated with the "never used" superweapons, we watched a lot of replays and all agree that there is no single 1v1 match a superweapon is builded, not even the iron curtain, chronosphere, nanoswarm core, we just tought of an idea to be builded by a player in a pro match, the remaining changes are for the underused units to have a "purpose" for being builded

thx for the feedback

Just because of some soviet players bragging that its a novice race doesn't mean soviet is a bad faction, Soviets always will dominate empire early and mid game which 80 percent of games take place, and vs allies its all about building the right quantity of bullfrogs and not loosing them and timing your defence and attacks well, all good soviet players did that without constantly complaining about "CRYOCOPTERS", may be treat all three faction equally that would be much better option don't listen to the "main stream trendster Vibers" may be have own experiences and look back at real PROS like technique and Nukestrike perhaps cheers!

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 10Constable Chris Apr 28 2015, 12:39 PM
QUOTE(Nachov @ Apr 27 2015, 21:20 PM) *

thx for the feedback

Im really sorry if i came on too harsh smile.gif It is true Superweapons are almost never built, and cheeses can be countered!

+
# 11c9q9md Apr 28 2015, 13:49 PM
I think everything should be like normal just with everything starting out with honourable disharge. And by everything I really mean everything. Infantry, Structures, Dogs, wall-segments. Everything explode upon kill.

+
# 12t9413 Apr 29 2015, 19:35 PM
$300 flak is good though hehe

sputniks no change? 1 sputnik = 1 V4 until u sell it

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 13ThePanther May 8 2015, 01:42 AM
QUOTE(Nachov @ Apr 27 2015, 16:20 PM) *

thx for the feedback

In Overal i like these new balances, exept by the repair drones and guardian tanks. altought i think the shrink delay of the cryocopter should be increasead instead decreasing the shrink time.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)