Welcome Commanders! In what is no doubt a belated return of a community favorite, For The Lulz
is back for it's fifth addition to the series. The sole aim is all in the name of entertainment, laughs & general banter. c9q9md
has initiated & drawn up the plan for the whole tournament, & with a date set we're ready to announce the sign-ups!
Date, Time & Place
The date will is set as Sunday
the 18th of November
. The first rounds will commence at 14:00 GMT/16:00 CEST
. The tournament will be held in the 'Tournament 01
' lobby, where there should be a staff member hosting the event (lol_maker/iNdK/c9q9md).
In the event no Referee is present, please save all replays.
Elimination & Tournament Format
Each round up till the finals will be a BO3 series, with the finals set at a BO5. Each round has a set match-up/map:
The matches marked with a asterix (*) have their starting credits adjusted correspondingly.
Sign ups are currently under way HERE
, which will close 20 minutes before the event starts. The brackets will be set up during this time & posted in a thread in General Discussion (titled "FTL #5 BRACKETS & REPLAYS
Please be mindful of the information you submit into the tournament system. All information regarding your in-game username must be 100% accurate - it is your own responsibility to ensure this. If in the event a mistake is made & you require assistance, please don't hesitate to send a PM
.Here's some helpful steps to follow when signing up using the tournament system:
- Click the green "Register Here" button.
- Input your in-game username in "game ID" field. The "rating" tab is not needed.
- 30 minutes before the event come back to the sign-up page click the sign-in button to confirm your participation (brackets will be posted 5-10 minutes before Round 1 starts.
Alternatively, if you prefer to post up your correct details
in the forum topic
, then please do so & a member of staff will input those details into the tournament system for you.
All general Fair Play Rules apply. If a reminder is
necessary, then use of the following bugs/exploits will lead to disqualification:
- Empire's Sudden Transport glitch.
- Allies placing structures around an outpost before it is finished deploying.
- Peacekeeper splash damaging walled structures.
- Dolphin splash damaging land structures.
- The "Mini-MCV" bug - in it's entirety!
- Intentional DCs or game crashing
- Invisible infantry glitch.
Players who are more than 20 minutes late will be disqualified - there's simply no fun in sitting around awaiting people.
Please save all
replays & upload them to the thread that will be made available in General Discussion
. Wmm's Replay Tool
is great for checking the stats of & automatically saving replays
As a last measure to help prevent replays being lost, all
matches should be played with the "Broadcast Match" option ticked in the Rules tab. That way replays will be retrievable for a time after the event via shatabrick
GLHF to all the participants!