If you thought that the Red Alert 3 Beta was over, well think again! It has really just begun. The GameReplays.org Staff has created a guide that allows you to access the LAN feature for the beta, thus allowing you to play against your comrades until the game is launched. Right now we only have the game at version 1.0. We will be looking into the possibility of adding the balance fixes in at a later time.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE BEGINNING THIS. GAMEREPLAYS.ORG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST DATA. GAMEREPLAYS.ORG ALSO ASKS YOU NOT TO POST ANY TOPICS ABOUT BALANCE AS THIS IS NOT THE MOST RECENT BALANCE FOR THE RED ALERT 3 BETA.
- First, download these three files (NOTE: These files contain the unlocker already which means you do not have to add anything to these in order to get Replays to work):
- Extract them and put all the files into a single folder and label that folder 1.0. (If you can't extract the files then download winrar for free.).
- Go into My Computer then click on your Local Disk. Go to Program Files then EA games.
- Copy and Paste your Red Alert 3 beta folder onto your desktop to back it up just in case something messes up and so that you can still watch replays. (This may take some time)
- Go to your 'Core' Folder, drag that 1.0 file that you made earlier into there and click yes to all. This replaces your 1.0 core file with a Lan capable version.
- Next you will have to delete several files: (if you have 1.1 and 1.2 installed, delete those files as well, you want to:
- From Core: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
- From RetailEXE: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
- From maps: 1.3
- From Launcher: Delete the 'Patch' folder
- From Lang-English: 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6
- From the main Red Alert 3 folder: The 'Patches' folder, ra3_english_1.3.SkuDef, ra3_english_1.4.SkuDef, ra3_english_1.5.SkuDef, ra3_english_1.6.SkuDef.
If you encounter any trouble, copy & paste the Red Alert 3 folder that's on your desktop into your EA games folder so that you can start over.
To actually play LAN over the internet run Hamachi and join network and type in Red3.org, Red3.org2, Red3.org3 or Red3.org4 and you will join Gamereplays.org's Hamanchi Server.
- Address: Red3.org, Red3.org2, Red3.org3 or Red3.org4
- Password: asdf
Please note that we will be keeping this online until the game comes out on October 28th, 2008.If you don't have Hamachi you can download it here
See you on the battlefield commander!Discuss this here!