Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

2.01 for playing with AI

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Konstantins Aug 28 2019, 11:09 AM
Sorry for the clumsy syllable, I use a translator
Hello! My opinion on patches 2.01 and 2.02.
In the official patch from EA, there really are a lot of bugs and flaws. However, there are many advantages to 2.02.
If it is easier, then 2.01 for playing with a computer, and 2.02 for playing with players.
Now more about the pros and cons.
For the sake of balance, the uniqueness of each race was smeared in 2.02.
1) Elf units (swordsmen and spearmen) can no longer shoot from towers. Is it that the race of great archers cannot store bows for other battalions in towers? While savages and small hobbits take tons of torches and stones! The stones are probably taken away from the tower itself))) As for me, this is not a bug among the elves, but a feature.
2) Fighting cars at the gnomes with a hearth treated buildings. Now in 2.02 this is not. Dwarves are the same race of builders! Military wagons are engineering troops. Why can't they rebuild the buildings? Correcting the installation of two exercises at once on a combat car is an undoubted benefit, but cleaning up building repairs is not good. Perhaps it just needed to be finalized so that when the building was being repaired, the treatment speed of the combat train did not block it.
3) Reducing the number of tower towers to 1. A controversial decision. In any case, sometimes you want to put a detachment there together with the hero, and there is nothing unbalanced, since he is 1 person. Also, the placement of lancers or swordsmen by chance is sometimes interesting. But many will ask: "Where are they located in the tower, because there are already archers?" Ha, no one forbade the spiral staircase! Another highly controversial decision regarding the towers is the ban on the use of the ability of ger. It’s strange why Faramir or Brand and Legolas can’t shoot arrows ?, their titus has become damp or what? Yes, even the magicians Saruman or Gandalf can not stick out the staff at the door and cast a spell .....
4) Now one more Bug, that when entering the mine, the dwarf carts with archers could shoot and use abilities, well this is a half bug. If the troops shoot back and fight back in the whole mine, this may get leniency, but the fact that they could shoot from the already completely destroyed mine is already a bug.
5) Now a little about the buggy warriors 2.01 - black orcs, black Numenoreans, swordsmen half trolls. Their weakness in attack speed and in 2.02 went to the fact that they would increase this speed. However, the animation, for example, of the black Numenoreans looks stupid)) - they do not have time to jump already fall down, contrary to all physical laws. All these warriors are armed with large weapons and cannot beat them quickly! If you change something, you just need to add damage to them in area, so that they damage several enemy units at a time, it would be much more realistic. However, at 2.01 they are still swordsmen who can do something for pikemen, are rather fat for one unit and have a huge potential for the regeneration of the squad. For example, take a Goblin Squad of 20 pieces and 75 health per 1 unit and one squad of half-trolls of swordsmen, 8 pieces of 600 health each. If after the battle 1 unit is left in the squad, then for complete restoration of the goblin squad it will take 190 seconds (10 * 19), and for the squad of half-trolls 70 seconds (7 * 10). For every recovered fighter, there are 600 health and not 75. On top of that, half-trolls from level 2 have an attack ability. But her text is incorrect, damage resistance increases not by 50%, but by a full cap of 75%. Moreover, the goblins in the treasury were the first to study the banner and armor, just to compensate for their frailty. So the units of this category are very good at moving up to ordinary infantrymen and cause good damage to a single target. The same black orcs climb the building 1.5 times faster than simple orcs, but have the potential for steel weapons. The corsairs of Mordor perfectly demolish the buildings at 2.01 and the speed of movement is the same with the Rune spearmen. Their health was normal at 2.01. Like alcoholics without armor, who are not used to running (they drink rum and want to go to the plow) they can be fast and armored.
6) Lurz in 2.02 cannot apply a cage against flying critters and Grimm cannot apply a poisoned blade. Strange, I think getting into the liver or spleen should slow down this creature, and the blow of the make-up on the neck should not remain invisible.
7) Removed the so-called "berserk class". These are heroes for 25 command points and support detachments in the form of trolls and berserkers, long-distance trailers with a minimum amount of CP (25-40). I’ll take it in order. Heroes with 25 CP. For example Eowyn. They made a tank out of it and put in 50 points. Excuse me, which tank is she, she’s the spoiled daughter of the king! Woman with dresses and baubles. Yes, even if she knows how to handle a sword, but this does not make her a fat meat fighter. She would have been made more powerful than Gimli. so what is its strength? So in these 25 points. You get a little more powerful than the Saruman berserker, and having the ability to heal, but without the possibility of damage in area. A very good investment for 25 points directly from the cytodel. Further berserkers of Saruman themselves, now they are treated in 2.02. Well, here now a strange feeling arises) begins to creep into the brain like: "Did he survive? Did he get the level? Can he save him? Take him to the base?" Nifiga is not correct - they bought for 25 points, strengthened the army, sent and forgot, we are ready for a new attack. Everything, the mind is clean, clear thoughts. This is a consumable. The same story with the goblin troll, and the battle troll of the Mordor.
8) Well, my favorite. Trimming the range of the Isengard crossbows and reducing the reload time in 2.02. So this is a mockery) The best Italian crossbows of the 15th century reach a range of 350 meters. This occurs after a massive transition to steel bow; and in the XIV century, the characteristic range of the crossbow was 200-220 meters. Arbalester proved to be the best during the assault and defense of fortresses. The rate of fire is not so important there - the breakdown power, range and a good sight are more valuable. Attention - a myth: the English long bow beat 320 meters or more. This statement, popular in novels, is refuted elegantly. Castles built in that period are located from the nearest hills about 275-320 meters. And it’s easy to guess that they were built not by chance, namely with the expectation that it was impossible to bombard the castle with arrows from a neighboring hill!
But ... is the crossbow still long-range? Not certainly in that way. Mentioned 350 meters - this is if you shoot a canopy, and such shooting from a crossbow is completely unsightly. While the archer only shoots and canopy ... It’s more difficult for crossbowmen to fill the enemy with a hail of arrows because of the low rate of fire. However, a large bow has one very significant drawback: to show all that this wonderful weapon is capable of, serious preparation is needed. A good shooter from the age of ten gets used to bow, trains strength and hardness of his hand ... Of course, an adult also has a chance, but not for a year or two for a full-fledged recruit.
In fantasy, the main archers are, of course, elves. This has been the case since Tolkien’s time, and all authors unanimously attribute English long bows to this people (although some, being carried away, make this weapon flimsy and flexible, without any loss of penetrative power). Elves are supposed to demonstrate miracles of accuracy with a bow, inaccessible to mortals. And here Harry Tortldava in "Toxic Spell Dump" elves - something like parasites that breed where there is a lot of magical waste; they also shoot from the bow - tiny obsidian arrows. Dark elves prefer crossbows, as a rule - small, often - fast-firing. And certainly with poisoned arrows!
Thus, Isengard's crossbows should be comparable with the "English" Elf bows and beat 450 game units with a small rate of fire.
I can not stress that 2.02 is really good in terms of graphics and eliminating errors and good for tournaments, but 2.01, which allows assumptions, is better for getting emotions of epicity and fan of battles with AI.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)