Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

About next patch 8.5

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Platino Dec 14 2020, 18:04 PM
Men should be improved, in my opinion they are the worst in 8.4. I'd improve the cavalry, all of them. Then, the elite infantry should be improved, in fact having no elite swords but only pikemen, it is a problem in many cases. Aragorn is excellent, Faramir too. Theoden is the least chosen hero. Gandalf costs too much

Mordor is the strongest faction in 1v1 and the Elves in 2v2. This is because short maps are selected to play 2v2. The dwarves have very strong problems in 2v2 for the same reason as the Elves, but in the opposite sense. In general the heroes of the dwarves are too strong, especially Brand and Gimli with fury.

The rest of the factions are ok.

In general, the lairs still give too many advantages, many times the armies ignore each other to chase the lairs.

Merry Christmas & FU all!

Clan: Divine

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Imperialist Dec 15 2020, 11:50 AM
lol really? Theoden least chosen? xd One of the best forst heroes vs dwarf, angmar

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Talosgod Dec 15 2020, 13:38 PM
hm, nothing about Eowyn, but Theo is bad kappa.
If seriously,Theo and Eomer the most important start heroes for motw imo. Agree about Gendalf, motw just don't have money for him.
in general, it seems to me that this faction cannot be changed without new units or new mechanics. What is impossible (at 202)

+
# 4Platino Dec 16 2020, 13:51 PM
QUOTE(Imperialist @ Dec 15 2020, 11:50 AM) *

lol really? Theoden least chosen? xd One of the best forst heroes vs dwarf, angmar

lol u do theoden vs angm and dw?? ahahah

And vs who u play that, vs medium player? Try to play with Theoden vs a Pro player

Dw have best pikemen of game that kill theoden in 0,2 sec and angm maybe in less time cus wind and whaldar

Sometimes you might try to make constructive dialogues instead of teasing, but in fact you are a child, so we can't expect better.

+
# 5Platino Dec 16 2020, 13:53 PM
QUOTE(Talosgod @ Dec 15 2020, 13:38 PM) *

hm, nothing about Eowyn, but Theo is bad kappa.
If seriously,Theo and Eomer the most important start heroes for motw imo. Agree about Gendalf, motw just don't have money for him.
in general, it seems to me that this faction cannot be changed without new units or new mechanics. What is impossible (at 202)

Eowyn cost 1k she is really good as Eomer. Almost all player do Eomer with cav and not theoden (at start of game)

I see theoden like Gandalf, players do them fow fun or for "show"

+
# 6Platino Dec 16 2020, 13:56 PM
QUOTE(Imperialist @ Dec 15 2020, 11:50 AM) *

Btw we can try, u take motw i take ang...

Ah i forgot u dnt join my rooms since when u lost 2-0

+
# 7Talosgod Dec 16 2020, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(Platino @ Dec 16 2020, 16:53 PM) *

Eowyn cost 1k she is really good as Eomer. Almost all player do Eomer with cav and not theoden (at start of game)

I see theoden like Gandalf, players do them fow fun or for "show"

true about Eomer, he is better with cave cos giving money. But, about Theo, LS joke for u?)
Especcialy, if u playing without cavellry Theo the best choise imo. May be boro better sometimes cos horn, but who else?

+
# 8DeeZ Daryl Dec 17 2020, 09:04 AM
U forgot: nerf all siege and most importantly siege expansions on the fortress

+
# 9StrayHeart Dec 17 2020, 13:51 PM
QUOTE(DeeZ Daryl @ Dec 17 2020, 10:04 AM) *

U forgot: nerf all siege and most importantly siege expansions on the fortress

+1 so much. Maybe people will stop camping and start using units to overwhelm their opponents actually laugh.gif

+
# 10PinkyM Dec 17 2020, 15:19 PM
QUOTE(StrayHeart @ Dec 17 2020, 13:51 PM) *

+1 so much. Maybe people will stop camping and start using units to overwhelm their opponents actually laugh.gif

+11111 mordor just camp with fort siege and siege overall , get nazgul riders for harrasment and some mumaks+ army and just wait to win ^^

+
# 11DJ_Premier Dec 17 2020, 16:21 PM
Of all the things to cry about you choose siege? xd
Does anyone seriously have a problem with siege units in 1v1?

+
# 12PinkyM Dec 17 2020, 16:29 PM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Dec 17 2020, 16:21 PM) *

check the last replay I posted

+
# 13Platino Jan 25 2021, 18:36 PM
After other games played, Mordor turns out to be very strong as a faction especially against the Gobs. In my opinion we could solve this problem by adding damage to the poison of arrows against monsters.
This could solve cus mordor is the only faction to have monsters: nazgul, trolls, muma and is the only one that gives serious problems to gobs

+
# 14Clever Jan 31 2021, 13:27 PM
Is there a new patch 8.5 coming?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 15Special::Guest Feb 1 2021, 01:01 AM
At the moment it’s very hard to say when is the next patch coming.
However, we do hope that 8.5 will eventually come out.

+
# 16trucky Feb 3 2021, 00:47 AM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Dec 17 2020, 17:21 PM) *

Aside from dwarves, when was the last time you saw a fort go down because some barracks units were slapping it?

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 17DJ_Premier Feb 3 2021, 17:25 PM
QUOTE(trucky @ Feb 3 2021, 00:47 AM) *

Aside from dwarves, when was the last time you saw a fort go down because some barracks units were slapping it?

Probably about 70% of 1v1s

The longer the game goes it gets rarer, as you would expect mid/late game units like siege come into play

+
# 18trucky Feb 5 2021, 10:20 AM
QUOTE(DJ_Premier @ Feb 3 2021, 18:25 PM) *

Probably about 70% of 1v1s

The longer the game goes it gets rarer, as you would expect mid/late game units like siege come into play

I just dont understand people who enjoy ranged siege units right now. It's a boring unit, probably the most boring type of unit in the game. It means you can just sit in 1 place and not move. It would do the same job if it was weaker but it wouldn't be as oppressive and the other team would at least have time to put together a response. But right now, siege units cast AOE splash damage and a 4 second knockdown that can be fired every 9 seconds from range - the highest range of any unit in the game - and 2-shots most units. What's more, this unit cannot be killed by any other ranged unit in the game other than more siege units. What's more, some siege units have infinite trample, while others cast fire onto the ground that burns enemy troops, while others can cast fear ability at will. What's more, when firing on a fortress, the splash damage makes it possible to kill multiple fort expansions at the same time as targeting the fort, so if you haven't built your fort catapult in time then I'm sorry but you just lose the game based on this 1 factor. You can't cancel build on the fort expansion being targeted because they're all being targeted at the same time with 1 simple click of a button. This all wouldn't matter if siege units were not the only thing you can build to combat other siege units, but unfortunately they are by far and away the most practical response.

How do you not see this is a problem? And what difference would it make to you if they got a nerf?

edit: The change I'd most like to see is siege units not being such good damage dealers against swordsmen+pikemen. I don't care if they 1-shot archers, but melee units have such a bad time in this game they are usually just used as meatshields and distractions. It would also be nice if archers or archer heroes could damage them.

This post has been edited by trucky: Feb 5 2021, 10:27 AM

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 19DJ_Premier Feb 5 2021, 14:39 PM
QUOTE(trucky @ Feb 5 2021, 10:20 AM) *

I just dont understand people who enjoy ranged siege units right now. It's a boring unit, probably the most boring type of unit in the game. It means you can just sit in 1 place and not move. It would do the same job if it was weaker but it wouldn't be as oppressive and the other team would at least have time to put together a response. But right now, siege units cast AOE splash damage and a 4 second knockdown that can be fired every 9 seconds from range - the highest range of any unit in the game - and 2-shots most units. What's more, this unit cannot be killed by any other ranged unit in the game other than more siege units. What's more, some siege units have infinite trample, while others cast fire onto the ground that burns enemy troops, while others can cast fear ability at will. What's more, when firing on a fortress, the splash damage makes it possible to kill multiple fort expansions at the same time as targeting the fort, so if you haven't built your fort catapult in time then I'm sorry but you just lose the game based on this 1 factor. You can't cancel build on the fort expansion being targeted because they're all being targeted at the same time with 1 simple click of a button. This all wouldn't matter if siege units were not the only thing you can build to combat other siege units, but unfortunately they are by far and away the most practical response.

How do you not see this is a problem? And what difference would it make to you if they got a nerf?

edit: The change I'd most like to see is siege units not being such good damage dealers against swordsmen+pikemen. I don't care if they 1-shot archers, but melee units have such a bad time in this game they are usually just used as meatshields and distractions. It would also be nice if archers or archer heroes could damage them.

I'm not particularly fussed on this issue, I agree with some of your points, siege are pretty one dimensional units. However, I do think you're overplaying their power and underplaying how expensive most siege units are. They are stuck behind a BIG tech wall which takes a lot of time and money. Even excluding the tech costs, upgraded catas cost ~1k each and die to anything in melee in 3secs. In 1v1 the only faction that has any mid game siege timings is Mordor (because their catas are cheap af comparatively). This gets messed up in team games like 4v4 because the early game gets skipped and everyone rushes cost efficiency, considering how chokey most 4v4 maps are, you see a lot of siege as a natural counter to the inevitable archer spam.

As far as I can tell, your suggestions would basically make siege even less useful in 1v1 and for 4v4 to replace the archer counter play with even more archer spam, which isn't ideal either.

(not saying that the current dmg they do can't be messed around a little bit, I don't think too much thought has ever gone into the exact amount of dmg they do to either infantry or buildings)

This post has been edited by DJ_Premier: Feb 5 2021, 14:42 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)