Act of Aggression: "REBOOT EDITION"

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Plokite_Wolf Mar 11 2016, 09:31 AM
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.p...12&p=918405

No comment.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2LuckyCharms Mar 11 2016, 14:22 PM
Well except the dumb "1-ressource-pays-it-all" I am looking forward to it! =)

Game: Act of Aggression

+
# 3Araton Mar 11 2016, 17:48 PM
QUOTE(LuckyCharms @ Mar 11 2016, 14:22 PM) *

Well except the dumb "1-ressource-pays-it-all" I am looking forward to it! =)

Yep, agreed not a fan of simplifying something that was already ok. With this reboot they will solve no problems but create new ones. Fistly, they are dividing the community. Even though everybody who has the "old" AoA will also get AoA:RE the game will be different and it may not be to the liking of some people (like my self, because I hate simplification where it was not needed). Secondly, they are not solving some of the core issues of the "old" game. Like balancing, lack of content (say maps?), stability, performance (remember we were promissed to play 10vs10? or something like that) and lastly modding and map editing. We didn't hear anything about those either. In my oppinion they are just opening another can of worms for us.

Now, there's going to be a Beta somewhere in the end of this spring or in the middle of Summer (that's what I heard), I'm just not sure if its going to be worth participating in it and giving honest feedback, since they (Eugene Systems) tend to lean on cheap solutions and sometimes tend to cut out the most interesting elements of the game, making it a more generic RTS than something unique and interesting.

This post has been edited by Araton: Mar 11 2016, 20:20 PM

Game: Act of War: Direct Action

+
# 4Blacksun075 Mar 11 2016, 18:16 PM
Yes, unique resource is quite dumb. They should make all the spams way more expensive ( like the more you are building a building, the more it costs - like in a real company - because the resources are limited ) . And improving the balance would be a good thing

+
# 5Noodlesocks Mar 13 2016, 18:37 PM
Would have preferred they'd just work on the game itself than create a separate version. I guess this way they can create a new steam page and reset their reviews back to 0.

Still won't mean a damn if they don't improve the singleplayer and support the game with new content. A map editor will bring my interest back at the very least.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 6-UBeR\MiCrO` Mar 13 2016, 23:27 PM
QUOTE(Araton @ Mar 11 2016, 17:48 PM) *

Yep, agreed not a fan of simplifying something that was already ok. With this reboot they will solve no problems but create new ones. Fistly, they are dividing the community. Even though everybody who has the "old" AoA will also get AoA:RE the game will be different and it may not be to the liking of some people (like my self, because I hate simplification where it was not needed). Secondly, they are not solving some of the core issues of the "old" game. Like balancing, lack of content (say maps?), stability, performance (remember we were promissed to play 10vs10? or something like that) and lastly modding and map editing. We didn't hear anything about those either. In my oppinion they are just opening another can of worms for us.

Now, there's going to be a Beta somewhere in the end of this spring or in the middle of Summer (that's what I heard), I'm just not sure if its going to be worth participating in it and giving honest feedback, since they (Eugene Systems) tend to lean on cheap solutions and sometimes tend to cut out the most interesting elements of the game, making it a more generic RTS than something unique and interesting.

and no one is a fan of a dead game that got very bad reviews on steam. it was ok my ass, everyone hated the 3 supplies shit, not because it's complicated. no no no, me and almost everyone else hated it because it's simply shit. take age of empires series for example. it had multiple resources but it was fun and everyone loved it. on the other hand AoA's resource system is just fucked up. if it was fun, and if it was OK like you're saying no one would have hated it so much.
and btw AoA did not die because of balance, or lack of maps or lack of modding tools. it died because it's shit, yea i'm telling you the hard truth. it was utter shit.
a lot if imbalanced games like zero hour are still alive even after more than a decade. you know why ?
not because it has 5 or so more maps than AoA, not because of modding tools, not because it's balanced. it's alive because it's unique and has a very high quality game play. which does not exist in AoA.
in zero hour you need to micro, keep an eye on your units, harrass supplies. a game that is easy to learn but takes years to master.
in AoA just sit in your base, make a big blob of units and your good to go.
people like you are the ones who are putting this game behind, you are complaining about maps and balance while this game first of all needs better combat mechanics, efficient counter system, better resources system, better units reaction. and i mean by game mechanics for example in zero hour a tank that is moving it's fire rate halves while it's moving, why is that mechanic not in AoA ?
you might be right, that new version might not be worth trying. it will be better than this version of crap but still it will be shit.

QUOTE(Araton @ Mar 11 2016, 17:48 PM) *

sometimes tend to cut out the most interesting elements of the game, making it a more generic RTS than something unique and interesting.

unique and interesting !!!!!!!! LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AoA was everything but unique and interesting, if anything in it was unique and interesting it wouldn't have died so quickly.
the only game i ever regreted buying is this piece of shit, it's not about money, but i was so hyped about it before it got released, so when i bought it and saw how shit it really is and that it can't be fixed i felt like i got robbed.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 7LuckyCharms Mar 14 2016, 08:13 AM
Yes, we get your point. And now please go back playing ZH.

+
# 8Plokite_Wolf Mar 14 2016, 10:33 AM
AoA may be bland, but Generals were as well. It was a Murican paranoia/fanfic compilation at best.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 9Maru Mar 14 2016, 14:30 PM
I'm afraid I completely agree with Uber Micro on this one tongue.gif I played bfme2 for about 6 years and all we did was play 1 map for 1v1 and 1 map for 2v2. Fords of Isen II and Udun. This was for balanced competetive play, so map variety really doesn't appeal to me. Also the changes to unit responsiveness, and addressing the broken game play are, in my opinion far more important than adding a map tool.

The way I see it, you can add as many go fast components to a Honda Civic, A fender, exhaust pipes, racing stripes, a spoiler... but it's still a fucking Honda civic. (this here is your map making tools etc)

However you want a Ferrari? You gotta build a Ferrari from scratch smile.gif

I like the new changes, this could actually be good! Also as Uber micro said, the 3 resources were frustrating and boring. Age of Empires nailed it, but AoA got it wrong and I can't quite say why, but possibly because you always ended up with far too much of one, and not enough of another.

As for the divided community, it's not ideal I have to admit, but new game = new reviews and also doesn't alienate the people that like the old game. I have a feeling though, that should this new game prove to be more popular, that the old version might just "get lost in the paperwork" aka they will close it down.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 10Spector111 Mar 14 2016, 17:33 PM
It looks to me that this time they are much more serious about make it a true and true C&C Generals style game.

If they can fix the unit lag as they claim then for me that would be a real improvement for AoA.

+
# 11Maru Mar 14 2016, 20:02 PM
^ Agreed.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 12AggressivePanda Mar 14 2016, 20:30 PM
At least they admit it was a failure unlike other developers and are trying to fix it smile.gif Best of luck to them!

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 13-Netput Mar 15 2016, 18:15 PM
We've learned a few new things!

Apparently there is only 1 resource in the game right now (oil).
You have a refinery which functions as a drop off point and oil derricks that need to be placed on spigots. Trucks function as a harvester to deliver the oil between the refinery and oil derrick. So far we have a indication that there will be 3 oil derricks per player. This obviously can be different per map, so we don't know this for sure.

Some guy created this picture with the changes:
Attached Image

Next to that we've learned that the beta of the Reboot version will be released very soon!
We have been asked the question many times already, so here are some details about the way the Reboot Edition's beta will unfold.

The beta will be open to any owner of Act of Aggression willing to give it a try. And you won't have to switch to a Steam test branch as we have done sometimes in the past. Reboot Edition (beta version) will be automatically downloaded on every owner of Act of Aggression's PC.

When launching the game as usual, a dialog box will ask you to choose between the "vanilla" & Reboot editions of the game:
IPB Image
You choose, hit 'Play' ... and here you are.

Release date is not set in stone yet, but from what I'm reading, it might arrive much sooner than most of you think ... :twisted:
I might have more details about it by the end of this week.

Beta duration should be about three weeks.
We are looking for feedbacks about factions balance, combat & economic paces, general feeling about the new edition, ...
Solo campaign is not available in the Reboot Edition (beta vesion or final one): the latter focusing on skirmish & multiplayer.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Red Alert Remastered

+
# 14lug00ber Mar 15 2016, 18:50 PM
Can't really say I've been missing to micro dozers, but I'll keep an open mind until I've tested it.

+
# 15-Netput Mar 15 2016, 19:38 PM
Same here, but I prefer regular dozers over the old system. More options and more to harass smile.gif

+
# 16LuckyCharms Mar 15 2016, 19:39 PM
Thanks for sharing that news with us -Netput. =)

+
# 17-UBeR\MiCrO` Mar 16 2016, 00:01 AM
sounds interesting, i might have been wrong. this game could actually be fixed.
if they fix combat it should be a good game.
is the beta available right now ?

+
# 18-Netput Mar 16 2016, 06:53 AM
Not yet. Wouldn't be surprised if we could play it next week though.

+
# 19-Netput Mar 16 2016, 11:08 AM
@Work now so can't make a newspost, but we have more info regarding the economy:
http://aoa.eugensystems.com/lets-start-13-...dition-economy/

+
# 20Fargo Mar 16 2016, 11:37 AM
Amazing news, Scuba prepare your arse to be kicked once again biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)