Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Any news about new races?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Carnevour Sep 24 2017, 06:50 AM
Been a long time im surprised they haven't announced anything about new races since the launch. Game needs some more flavour.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Spirit. Sep 24 2017, 08:23 AM
Im pretty sure that they will not release a new race before next year. So why should they announce anything right now?

Im expecting a new race release around march next year, maybe they will announce something around end of the year or early next year.

+
# 3Carnevour Sep 25 2017, 06:49 AM
QUOTE(Spirit. @ Sep 24 2017, 08:23 AM) *

Im pretty sure that they will not release a new race before next year. So why should they announce anything right now?

Im expecting a new race release around march next year, maybe they will announce something around end of the year or early next year.

Whats the point if there will be no people playing or remember that this game came out.

+
# 4Gorb Sep 25 2017, 13:56 PM
We're still before the time, post-release, where Relic even teased Chaos Rising (with regards to DoW II launch).

(email teasers to high-profile DoW community members, late September 2009. Game release, late Jan that same year. Eight month difference)

While there's nothing wrong with being concerned, playerbase arguments make less and less sense these days. TLS for DoW II got the Necron Lord five years after Retribution was released (and well before DoW III came anywhere near to the public eye). vDoW (and vDoW II / CR) were migrated to Steamworks in . . . late 2014, if I remember rightly.

These decisions are often made on completely different sets of reasoning that pure playercount. It's absolutely a factor I'd imagine, but one the business side focuses on a lot less than the community does. Understandable, though, it's the only real public dataset we can observe.

+
# 5Spirit. Sep 25 2017, 17:58 PM
QUOTE(Carnevour @ Sep 25 2017, 06:49 AM) *

Whats the point if there will be no people playing or remember that this game came out.

Dont tell this to me. Im not one of the devs or from sega. I just said what i think will gonna happen, i did not say that i think its good how they do it if they do it like i said.

+
# 6Dullahan Sep 26 2017, 22:21 PM
QUOTE(Carnevour @ Sep 23 2017, 23:50 PM) *

Been a long time im surprised they haven't announced anything about new races since the launch. Game needs some more flavour.

Usually it's like a year for an expansion to come out, so we're still a ways off from hearing anything aobut them.

Personally I'd like to see some new singleplayer or co-op content first. Last Stand 2 would be nice. Something to change up the pace a bit.

+
# 7Spirit. Sep 27 2017, 15:26 PM
Last stand would split up the playerbase tho and the playerbase is almost non existing. Sure potentially it could also bring new players to regular mp but still i dont agree to add another mp game mode its just to much of a risk to split the playerbase.

+
# 8Dullahan Oct 4 2017, 02:03 AM
QUOTE(Spirit. @ Sep 27 2017, 08:26 AM) *

Last stand would split up the playerbase tho and the playerbase is almost non existing. Sure potentially it could also bring new players to regular mp but still i dont agree to add another mp game mode its just to much of a risk to split the playerbase.

The thing about The Last Stand is it always appealed to a different type of player. It didn't so much split the playerbase as there were two entirely separate playerbases. Starcraft 2 has a similar dichotomy with Co-Op content and regular multiplayer.

+
# 9HARRYY Oct 4 2017, 03:22 AM
why u dont post any news anymore ? PK? all dead?? oh noooeess

+
# 10Paranoid Kamikaze Oct 4 2017, 17:57 PM
I left GR and play DoW 2 again plus some other games like Total War and Guild Wars 2.

+
# 11HARRYY Oct 6 2017, 19:32 PM
thats sad man. whos gonna post stuff now????

+
# 12Paranoid Kamikaze Oct 7 2017, 21:06 PM
Yukiko and Jelly are left though I haven't seen them post anything. They're probably on standby until an expansion and there's more activity. Not confirming an expansion or anything. I have no idea what Relics plans are.

+
# 13Dullahan Oct 12 2017, 03:08 AM
QUOTE(HARRYY @ Oct 6 2017, 12:32 PM) *

thats sad man. whos gonna post stuff now????

Likely no one. As sad as it is GR is pretty much as dead as DoW3.

To some extent it's a chicken and the egg scenario. Maybe if we were pumping out tons of solid content on GR it would draw in more of a community, but with such a small community to produce content for it's hard to stay motivated.

I've fallen off a bit on producing my video content but I do intend to start playing the game actively again and producing game casts with the next patch adding the new elites. I got busy starting a new job and had an awful schedule where the only time I had to play games was late at night when I couldn't find any decent matches in DoW3 at my rank. (Being near the top of the ladder was lonely I gotta say.)

I do love the game and will try and put out more game commentaries and other content and will continue posting that on the GR video section. But I gotta say the motivation to try and teach people the game is pretty much gone with how small the playerbase is now.

+
# 14HARRYY Oct 12 2017, 19:39 PM
yeah, thanks for pumping content Dullahan, hope to see you next patch. ATM I am moving to a new place, I had crappy internet for the last 3 month and before that I was in australia. I considered streaming a bit when in my new apt. and things are sorted.. For the time being, Im also giving technical support @ community page to at least help some people to actually get into the game.

agree on low motivation, bbut I am sure dow3 will make it on the long run. Its a solid game, actually its pretty decent and IMO balance is really good. Hell, we all remember dow2 for the first 2 years...... such a mess. I must say I liked the stiff rock,paper, scissors mechanic a bit more (made it harder to balance, + heroes). Now things are more irrelevant (losing squads).
anyway, bbbeautiful game.

Maybe there are other ways to support the game?
Anyway, we need a newsposter for dow3 on GR. Seriously. it cant bbe that hard.

+
# 15-Netput Oct 13 2017, 07:21 AM
QUOTE(HARRYY @ Oct 12 2017, 21:39 PM) *

Anyway, we need a newsposter for dow3 on GR. Seriously. it cant bbe that hard.

It isn't hard indeed. Why don't you sign up for it? You seem to be involved and GR + the game surely can use some help with posting the DoW3 news. Just shoot ToxicShock a message?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 16Bolivar687 Nov 11 2017, 22:07 PM
I'm willing to take over on News but it says I don't have permission to post in the subforum. I tried messaging Netput but it says the mailbox is full. If anyone can advise on how to proceed, I'd appreciate it.

+
# 17ToxicShock Nov 12 2017, 13:33 PM
We should have a chat about that. Are you on Discord?

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 18Bolivar687 Nov 12 2017, 23:43 PM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Nov 12 2017, 13:33 PM) *

We should have a chat about that. Are you on Discord?

Yeah, same username as on here.

+
# 19ToxicShock Nov 13 2017, 15:17 PM
Hmm. I couldn't find anyone by that name on the GR Discord. Could you message me? I'm Toxic#9600

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)