Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Arnor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1lochness Aug 26 2015, 10:55 AM
For all you Arnor developers, testers and balancers! This is probably as far as I alone can take this. I have fixed a shit load of bugs and things. Use the file below as the basis of the Arnor faction. Download rename to anything you want just make sure you have more #'s than the previous 2.02 version then put in game directory.

For competitive players: Please note we are not implementing this faction into competitive play unless down the line competitive players like how Arnor is turning out.

Main things I have changed/added:
Arnor now has sound!
Fortress: All upgrades now work properly added Ivory tower.
Archery Range: Fire arrows now at lv 3.
Stables: Added KODA for balance reasons. It would be cool to see what someone else could add here instead. I do like having the KODA tho they fit in with Arnor’s vibe.
Arnor Upgrades are not localized to one building like many of the other factions. They are instead researched in the Lv 2 arracks (banners) Lv 2 Stables (armor) and L 3 Elven Barracks (blades).
Anor Eleven Barracks: Added hobbits lv 1 and Imladris Warrior’s lv 2.
Carthaen: Everything has been made the same as Faramir except no mount/dismout ability unfortunately I couldn’t get that working. If someone else can try to get it working that would be great. Cost 1200, Tier 1 Hero.
Argeleb: Leadership Lv 1
Fear resistance lv 2
Shield maiden lv 4
Mighty Rage lv 5
Kings Favour lv 7
with Argeleb he has a couple of problems with his attacking and moving animations if someone can fix him that would be great. Cost: 2000, Tier 3 hero.
Arvedui: Everything is the same as Aragorn but Arvedui has no oathbreakers we need to work out what we can add to him instead. Please note that keeping Earnur like Aragorn is a very good idea as he already has his own custom animation for activating most some of his skills he also has a custom sound for activating Elendil. Cost 2500, Teir 4 Hero.
Arveleg:
splash damage added
Vision of the Palinteer Lv1
Narsil Lv 2 at the moment this is a hero mode ability a bit like Gimli’s Sayer but I want to make it a targeted ability that does massive damage to single units like whisper of death but I don’t know how to implement this. Then we can move it to lv 7 or something like gandalf's Istari Light.
Leadership Lv4
Restoration like Elrond except it heals a bit more Lv 5.
Smash Palinteer Lv 10 We all know what this one does! Cost 3000, Teir 5 Hero.

Known bugs that I can’t fix but someone else probably can!
No sound when Archery Range, Stables, Barracks and Eleven Barracks are upgraded.
Arnor Swordsmen have no heavy armour and forged blades upgrades. I have done this because their skin completely negates visual effects made by acquiring upgrades, for example when I replaced the Gondor Soldiers skin with this new skin it didn’t show any effects when the Gondor Soldiers were upgraded. This is also true for Arnor Archers. Hopefully someone can fix this or Arnor sordsmen and archers may have to be like Mordor Orcs and have no upgrades except banners

Please post any balance issues, development ideas, bugs ect and we can see what we can do. We may be able to finish what EA started. Have fun, Cheers Lochness.

This post has been edited by lochness: Nov 8 2015, 10:49 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File ___________202_v5.0.2.big
Size: 4.48mb
Number of downloads: 92

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Excelsior Aug 26 2015, 11:42 AM
QUOTE(lochness @ Aug 26 2015, 12:55 PM) *

For all you Arnor developers, testers and balancers! This is probably as far as I alone can take this. I have fixed a shit load of bugs and things.

Good job!

Barracks: Added Rohan Spearmen. I was going to use the name and image from the unit “Peasants" but I don’t know how to create a new completely new unit, hopefully someone can do this for me.
Stables: Added Rohirrim and KODA for balance reasons. It would be cool to see what someone else could add here instead. I do like having the KODA tho they fit in with Arnor’s vibe.

In my opinion, I think we should avoid adding Rohan units to the Arnor faction. They already have those extra Elven units anyway.

Earnur: Everything is the same as Aragorn but Earner has no oathbreakers we need to work out what we can add to him instead. Please note that keeping Earnur like Aragorn is a very good idea as he already has his own custom animation for activating most of his skill set like Blade Master and Athelas he also has a custom sound for activating Elendil. Cost 2500, Teir 4 Hero.

Isn't Earnur a Gondorian hero? If so, he shouldn't be included in Arnor's list of heroes. tongue.gif

Known bugs that I can’t fix but someone else probably can!
No sound when Archery Range, Stables, Barracks and Eleven Barracks are upgraded.
Arnor Builder does not show build fortress icon in the command set. This is because there are two many constructible buildings so the icon doesn’t appear on the side of the screen. Ether someone works out how to allow more buildings to show or we have to discard a building from the Arnor Builders commandset.
Arnor Swordsmen have no heavy armour and forged blades upgrades. I have done this because their skin completely negates visual effects made by acquiring upgrades, for example when I replaced the Gondor Soldiers skin with this new skin it didn’t show any effects when the Gondor Soldiers were upgraded. This is also true for Arnor Archers. Hopefully someone can fix this or Arnor sordsmen may have to be like Mordor Orcs and have no upgrades except banners

These bugs can be fixed. smile.gif You don't have to address all the bugs and problems you come across, as we will not be adding this file directly into the patch itself. Reason being is that we work on GitLab where each change will have to be pushed and reviewed. So a simple record of the nasty bug or to-do should suffice.

Your work definitely helps, though, because it becomes a point of reference when working on Arnor.

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 3lochness Aug 26 2015, 11:50 AM
Ok no worries! Yes Earnur is a Gondor hero. But he is in the Arnor campaign and he has loads of fresh already made assits, sounds animations we just have to use them!

+
# 4Lazarus° Aug 26 2015, 12:04 PM
Earnur is Gondor King, 3rd Ara clone, Arnor really dont need him.

+
# 5Excelsior Aug 26 2015, 12:12 PM
QUOTE(lochness @ Aug 26 2015, 13:50 PM) *

Ok no worries! Yes Earnur is a Gondor hero. But he is in the Arnor campaign and he has loads of fresh already made assits, sounds animations we just have to use them!

QUOTE(Lazarus° @ Aug 26 2015, 14:04 PM) *

Earnur is Gondor King, 3rd Ara clone, Arnor really dont need him.

Agreed with Lazarus.

I guess some assets and such are best kept for the campaign. tongue.gif

+
# 6lochness Aug 26 2015, 12:20 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Aug 26 2015, 12:12 PM) *

Agreed with Lazarus.

I guess some assets and such are best kept for the campaign. tongue.gif

Or we could move them over to Arvedui he needs all the help he can get!!!

+
# 7Excelsior Aug 26 2015, 12:23 PM
QUOTE(lochness @ Aug 26 2015, 14:20 PM) *

Or we could move them over to Arvedui he needs all the help he can get!!!

I'm sure that can work. smile.gif Though I think the sound files should stay as they are.

+
# 8lochness Aug 27 2015, 00:40 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Aug 26 2015, 12:23 PM) *

I'm sure that can work. smile.gif Though I think the sound files should stay as they are.

BTW Arvedui is in the last level of the Angmar campaign just noticed him there today smile.gif

+
# 9lochness Sep 26 2015, 10:16 AM
Updated file: Removed Earnor as a buildable Arnor Hero and gave his skills to Arvedui. I think it works quite well.

+
# 10LOTRKingluis Sep 26 2015, 11:28 AM
how can I test it? I substituted ######202_v5.0.1 for the given file ___________202_v5.0.1, but the game crashes when entering skirmish on menus

+
# 11Excelsior Sep 26 2015, 11:31 AM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Sep 26 2015, 13:28 PM) *

how can I test it? I substituted ######202_v5.0.1 for the given file ___________202_v5.0.1, but the game crashes when entering skirmish on menus

Don't substitute it (or overwrite it), but add it in as the next patch file to be read by the game. Make sure that you have more hashes or underscores than the previous file.

+
# 12LOTRKingluis Sep 26 2015, 11:34 AM
Alright, I think I messed too much with the files the game crashes on start with critical things.

I'm gonna reinstall the patch and try that smile.gif

+
# 13Excelsior Sep 26 2015, 11:35 AM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Sep 26 2015, 13:34 PM) *

Alright, I think I messed too much with the files the game crashes on start with critical things.

I'm gonna reinstall the patch and try that smile.gif

I suggest you delete the file you've just replaced and then do the reinstall (just as a precautionary measure).

+
# 14Lazarus° Sep 26 2015, 11:38 AM
@OP change file name to "########arnor.big" so it wont mess up with 2.02 files.

+
# 15LOTRKingluis Sep 26 2015, 13:15 PM
I've played it and it is very fun indeed

but...

1) Imlandris warriors are too slow on movement speed/movement animation, it just doesn't look right. Their arrows are also too big but that's not such a big deal.

2) I know it's not finish yet, but I was thinking about archers upgrades... we have fire arrows for men but what about imlandris warriors? should we allow them to use firearrows or to give a different upgrade, the silverthorn arrows? Maybe not give one at all?

3) Argeleb is too strong imo

That is all for now tongue.gif ty for bringing arnor to life

+
# 16lochness Sep 26 2015, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Sep 26 2015, 13:15 PM) *

I've played it and it is very fun indeed

but...

1) Imlandris warriors are too slow on movement speed/movement animation, it just doesn't look right. Their arrows are also too big but that's not such a big deal.
2) I know it's not finish yet, but I was thinking about archers upgrades... we have fire arrows for men but what about imlandris warriors? should we allow them to use firearrows or to give a different upgrade, the silverthorn arrows? Maybe not give one at all?
3) Argeleb is too strong imo

That is all for now tongue.gif ty for bringing arnor to life

Good on ya LOTRKingluis for giving it a shot. We need more testers like you to really flesh out the balance of the faction. I will look into the Imlandris warriors, I might make their attacks speed and stuff like Noldors (but with less damage and health of course) Fire arrows would be a cool. Silver thorn may not work tho as you will need to get the upgrade and what's the point of that if you only can use it for one unit, unless... I was thinking maybe having lindons instead of rohirrim from the stables then the upgrade would be worth it. Did you have any other issues? Do you have any suggestions for Argeleb?

+
# 17LOTRKingluis Sep 26 2015, 13:57 PM
The imlandris instead of rohirrim is a brilliant idea! Do it! biggrin.gif

The silverthorn arrows upgrade should be researched on the elven barracks then.

About Argeleb... idk maybe a small increase on his cost will make the trick.

+
# 18LOTRKingluis Sep 28 2015, 16:47 PM
I've messed around with Finalbig and here are other tips:

1) Rohirrim should be replaced by Lindon Horse Archers

2) Rohan Spearmen should be deleted from barracks and become Inn unit for arnor

3) Arnor tower guards should be nerfed and passed to level 2 of barracks

4) Marketplace should be replaced with Stoneworker building while doing the exact same thing (the 12% extra on production)

5) Knights of Dol Amroth should be removed from arnor

6) Add a new mini-hero horde for barracks level 3 representing 3-5 dunedain blademasters like Aragorn model (the idea isn't mine)

7) Turn statue and well into a single building, giving both effects but with bigger cost (600? 700?). This will open space for Fortress slot

8) Add Silverthorn arrow research to level 3 Elven barracks

PS Sorry for double post

+
# 19Excelsior Sep 28 2015, 17:17 PM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Sep 28 2015, 18:47 PM) *

7) Turn statue and well into a single building, giving both effects but with bigger cost (600? 700?). This will open space for Fortress slot

Why not add an extra slot in commandset.ini so that you can fit all 3 buildings instead?

PS Sorry for double post

Don't worry about it, you didn't post a minute after your last post, and this post is about something else. smile.gif

+
# 20LOTRKingluis Sep 28 2015, 17:32 PM
if it is possible to add an extra slot, then that should be done biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)