Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

BFME 2 ROTWK Lag Bug fix

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Th3Whit3Wiz4rd Nov 22 2020, 19:14 PM
Hi, guys! I need some help with a lag issue. A few months ago a reinstalled BFME ROTWK because I felt like playing again on Game Ranger. The problem is that it lags like crazy. The first minutes in the game are ok, but as time goes by it becomes unbearable.

I have no idea what may be causing it since my computer is great and I play other games which are infinitely more graphically demanding than BFME and there are no problems. It is not my internet connection either because I have a good one.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Could you help me please?

+
# 2YodA` Nov 23 2020, 18:15 PM
QUOTE(Th3Whit3Wiz4rd @ Nov 22 2020, 19:14 PM) *

Hi, guys! I need some help with a lag issue. A few months ago a reinstalled BFME ROTWK because I felt like playing again on Game Ranger. The problem is that it lags like crazy. The first minutes in the game are ok, but as time goes by it becomes unbearable.

I have no idea what may be causing it since my computer is great and I play other games which are infinitely more graphically demanding than BFME and there are no problems. It is not my internet connection either because I have a good one.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Could you help me please?

What does it mean, send some speedtest result also are you playing in EU with EU players and are you playing on cable or Wi-Fi ? also setup your gameranger Connection Speed to 2Mbps from default 512 Kbps

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Darc Reaver Jan 19 2021, 00:21 AM
right click on your BFME2 game folder, press properties, then go to "advanced settings". There uncheck the box that says "data in this folder can be indexed for faster search". Apply to all folders and sub folders.

The SAGE engine seems to have an issue with indexing HDD files for some weird reason. It's not on every machine, but it seems to happen relatively often.

It won't be perfect if the connection to other players is bad (i.e. someone playing from far away) but it will improve your game speed drastically.
Edit from other post: putting the BFME related folders to "read only" also helps (C:\User\appdata\roaming\my battle for middle earth 2\replays).

This post has been edited by Darc Reaver: Jan 23 2021, 19:17 PM

+
# 4SeñorEcthelion Jan 19 2021, 03:38 AM
QUOTE(Darc Reaver @ Jan 18 2021, 21:21 PM) *

right click on your BFME2 game folder, press properties, then go to "advanced settings". There uncheck the box that says "data in this folder can be indexed for faster search". Apply to all folders and sub folders.

The SAGE engine seems to have an issue with indexing HDD files for some weird reason. It's not on every machine, but it seems to happen relatively often.

It won't be perfect if the connection to other players is bad (i.e. someone playing from far away) but it will improve your game speed drastically.

And you can also cure COVID with ginger tea

+
# 5Maru Jan 19 2021, 19:40 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Jan 19 2021, 04:38 AM) *

And you can also cure COVID with ginger tea

I heard you can cure it by switching off the news but what do I know whistling.gif

Clan: New Generation

+
# 6Darc Reaver Jan 20 2021, 19:08 PM
QUOTE(Darc Reaver @ Jan 19 2021, 02:21 AM) *

Oh and forgot to mention: putting the BFME related folders to "read only" also helps (C:\User\appdata\roaming\my battle for middle earth 2\replays).

+
# 7Oliver de Clisson Jan 21 2021, 21:09 PM
QUOTE(Darc Reaver @ Jan 19 2021, 00:21 AM) *

Interesting.
Done it.
Maybe it helps.

This post has been edited by Johann Tilly: Feb 15 2021, 16:36 PM

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)