Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

BFME Community at its worst

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Mario Mortensen Jul 22 2020, 03:58 AM
This game is decaying from long time ago, few rooms, long waiting time to play, I guess this is to be expected, since although it is an incredible game and one of my favorites, it is very old. For this reasons I left the game, and move to league or fortnite (plus bugs and usually that micro-lag that game always had). Nevertheless one always remember fondly BFME, I had have the great times and a lot of fun, and this specially for the friends I had met, some even in person. Of course there have always toxic people in gaming world, like in life it self. I myself have often had inappropriatte behaviors, but you can identify them, and try to change them over time when you mature. But this is not what happened in the game this last years. Community is at its worst, a few guys who think the owners of the game, have only widened the gap between pro and new players, instead of including new people, to enlarge the community, they prefer to continue playing among the same folks as always. Of course they are not all, some old players keep bringing new people and taking the time for help new players, but the attitude of these "pro" players, is immediately kick, instead of at least recommending gamereplays or let people obs their games. But this is not the worst, these guys are explicitly toxic by insulting people in the worst ways. I will not give names, because this low quality people , known perfectly who they are. I take the time to write this, because some of these guys, were fellas, and good people, but today they have become in this "elite" guys, that only play with "pros", when game is actually death, and sooner or later, they want to come med, good rooms and play even with noobs when is a 3vs3 o 4vs4 game, just for have some fun in this amazing game. I hope these guys reflect on the place they have, to make and improve the community for all players, and thus attract new people to the game, and not dedicate themselves to "improve it" for their own benefit or for the benefit of a few. They should spend a little bit of their time attracting new players, teaching or guiding them, and not celebrating the toxicity of their peers, just because they are their friends.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2HungryTroll Jul 22 2020, 15:42 PM
Agree

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 3Beterwel Jul 22 2020, 16:48 PM
a more true thing was never said before

+
# 4gahvin Jul 22 2020, 19:30 PM
cry.gif

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5Leikeze Jul 22 2020, 20:09 PM
Alright, now what can you do to improve the situation?

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6CENTAUER Jul 22 2020, 22:16 PM
In some short time we will try to make Mentor program 1.09 patch . So new or bad blayers even good ones can learn from good Mentors . Thats is good chance to inpruve your game and also make friendship with good players ( than you can get in good rooms ) tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool2.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: None

+
# 7HungryTroll Jul 22 2020, 22:21 PM
Yes, I agree with him.

There are some nasty people here

Gahvin... funny kid.
I remember how he was med. And one day, after my 2 year break from playing, he won me 3:0. Ye, great victory.

"you noob, haha russian noob"

Look his signature
Attached Image

I m kimg of bfme, I want everyone to know me

Are you playing here or improving your self-esteem? biggrin.gif

+
# 8Mario Mortensen Jul 22 2020, 22:55 PM
Hi Leikeze! I cant do absolutely nothing about this toxic people, is up to they. Referring to the game, I have bring friends, years ago, I've been playing this game since 10 years aprox, as I commented, in between I have played others. Recently I bring a friend and try to teach him, playing in noob rooms and custom maps, and this is what I received: This started, when I joined a no noob room hosted by gahvin, and he kicked me out, because he didnt know me, literally. This is a typical behaviour in this game. I get angry and blocked him. Since that the guy have created 2 gameranger accounts, just to join my rooms, call me noob, telling me i belong noobs and custom rooms, insult, and quit. I'm adding an image file, so you can see this. This is not all of course, you can find this accounts on twitch too, the guy suscribe under this names and follow twitch lives for insult me, but not satisfied with this, he is also dedicated to getting into my post in gamereplays, as you can see right here, and a replay that I uploaded recently, of course here he is cautious, because mods, even you can think he is being gentle. I was watching dunedain live few days ago, and he followed dune channel under this acc, started to harass me, and his fella LATINO, (alan), said that follower must be a prosti.... all loud in twitch refering to my mother XD (yes mom insult in 2020 and from big guys), latino, the same guy who said that I lived in a shi... country and call himself "latino" XD.. anyway mate, I never answer gahvin, as u can see, and even if I had did it some time, they should lead by example because of the role they have. but this is the kind of people who control the game, even get interview, dont misunderstand me, this does not affect me in the least, I only expose it, because the guy continues to harass, without any response, and is totally aware of me, imagine what kind of life he leads, and how he is as a person. No single player since i had returned, has spoken well to me about this guy, I know is out of you, but I must ask, can you do something to improve the situation? I withdraw from the game, and therefore from here too, so I will not speak more. As you can see, some people agreed with me. I just wanted to leave this reflection. Postscript: I have more images that confirm what I say, in case some cunning tried to eliminate the evidence. Regards!
Attached Image
QUOTE(CENTAUER @ Jul 22 2020, 19:16 PM) *

In some short time we will try to make Mentor program 1.09 patch . So new or bad blayers even good ones can learn from good Mentors . Thats is good chance to inpruve your game and also make friendship with good players ( than you can get in good rooms ) tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool2.gif

Excelent idea!

QUOTE(HungryTroll @ Jul 22 2020, 19:21 PM) *

Yes, I agree with him.

There are some nasty people here

Gahvin... funny kid.
I remember how he was med. And one day, after my 2 year break from playing, he won me 3:0. Ye, great victory.

"you noob, haha russian noob"

Look his signature
Attached Image

I m kimg of bfme, I want everyone to know me

Are you playing here or improving your self-esteem? biggrin.gif

You get exactly the point mate, ty for comment!!
MODERATION NOTICE
Posts merged. Remember to click that IPB Image button on each post you'd like to reply to in order to reply to them all in a single post.

Leikeze -Admin

This post has been edited by Leikeze: Jul 22 2020, 23:28 PM

+
# 9Leikeze Jul 22 2020, 23:31 PM
That is a big shame that you'd been targeted like that, to the point that you are now in the process of leaving the community.

Such activity by other members is unseemly, causing many issues all around, and should be looked down upon, however, it does not appear, from your words, to be something they care about turning around even if they were to receive push back.

All the best to you and your friend in whatever you plan to do in the future, and sorry to see you go. sad.gif

+
# 10Earendil Jul 23 2020, 10:45 AM
Sad topic and I have to agree with it in many points. sad.gif

Flaming and insulting (most of the time for no reason) is a general problem of gaming communities. Also in the BFME community. The 1.09 debate brang back a lot of flames and also made players leave the game ... but this is an other story we don't have to talk about. But before that time it was pretty peaceful and nice together with just low trolling.

Now the sitution is that all good players except the small 1.09 Tourney Community left the game (including myself too).
That means that you have to play with them for a decent game I guess. Actually I thought they invite also med players to their game to promote the patch but insulting will always be some special fun for them. (not all of the 1.09 community of course...Just a few bullys...)

My aim was always that old players who want to return to the game get a warm welcome and can feel the old days back by playing this great game. In the past years we managed to do this I guess but at the moment this can be hard for old players who probably don't want to adapt with the new situation.

However there is nothing you can change. Personalities you wont change especially not when you have already grown up. All you can do is trying to ignore them but this wont work when you still get harassed...
But in such a small community this can also mean you can't get any decent game when you try to ignore the only decent group of players, or a part of them. Maybe this gonna change again we don't know. BFME always had hard times and low activity. But the old players of the past are no students anymore. Most of them have their own family and work. That means we actually need new players to keep this great game alive.

Probably the Menoring Program can be an success. let's hope this.

PS: This post here was not written to make someone angry or start a new argue. Just some thoughts ...

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 11gahvin Jul 23 2020, 12:32 PM
Hungrytroll, my signature is a quote from another player like you who thinks they are god. I remember when we played you bragged that you were a legend and I was a nobody, and even linked your amazing replays to me on GR. Then the 3-0 came you and blocked me after so I wouldn’t join again.

Mario became obsessed with me after I kicked him from a no noob room and started Flaming and PMing me on twitch Gameranger everyday for weeks, now acts like poor victim on gamereplays. His reaction was similar to hungrytroll: “how could you not know me, I was a med in 2018 omg have respect” I will have to have a chat with miss muerte about your behavior

About activity: Orange is doing what he can to increase activity for bfme, they don’t give out awards of honor for no reason. Have faith in our admin.

Edit: I added some screenshots of examples of daily PMs I got from this random toxic player, He blocked me so I couldn’t reply as he is a coward. I remember sending these to bfme group and nobody even knew him so we were all confused.

This post has been edited by gahvin: Jul 23 2020, 13:01 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 12HungryTroll Jul 23 2020, 12:59 PM
QUOTE(gahvin @ Jul 23 2020, 17:32 PM) *

Hungrytroll, my signature is a quote from another player like you who thinks they are god. I remember when we played you bragged that you were a legend and I was a nobody, and even linked your amazing replays to me on GR. Then the 3-0 came you and blocked me after so I wouldn’t join again.

Mario became obsessed with me after I kicked him from a no noob room and started Flaming and PMing me on twitch Gameranger everyday for weeks, now acts like poor victim on gamereplays. His reaction was similar to hungrytroll: “how could you not know me, I was a med in 2018 omg have respect” I will have to have a chat with miss muerte about your behavior

About activity: Orange is doing what he can to increase activity for bfme, they don’t give out awards of honor for no reason. Have faith in our admin.

I never said that I was a legend

And you communicate like gollum, so nice to suck up to the administrator biggrin.gif

I never said that I was a legend
However, after the victory, you started kicking me from every room with the words "you got 3: 0" without rematch and blocked me

Orange wrote that he was gone?
Why are there words about faith in the administrator. Looks like childish flattery, only a kiss emoji is missing
Attached Image

Consecutive posts have been merged.

djw2104

This post has been merged by djw2104: Jul 23 2020, 13:50 PM

+
# 13gahvin Jul 23 2020, 13:10 PM
Hungrytroll, I will be accepting new students in mentor program soon. I will gladly take you as my first mentee wub.gif

+
# 14Beterwel Jul 23 2020, 13:10 PM
Hi Hungrytroll:

sarcasm
/ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Takes some social intelligence to understand tho.

+
# 15HungryTroll Jul 23 2020, 13:22 PM
QUOTE(gahvin @ Jul 23 2020, 18:10 PM) *

Hungrytroll, I will be accepting new students in mentor program soon. I will gladly take you as my first mentee wub.gif

thanks but i only play 1.06

QUOTE(Beterwel @ Jul 23 2020, 18:10 PM) *

Hi Hungrytroll:

sarcasm
/ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m/
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Takes some social intelligence to understand tho.

It will be enough for him to understand

Consecutive posts have been merged.

djw2104

This post has been merged by djw2104: Jul 23 2020, 13:51 PM

+
# 16Mario Mortensen Jul 23 2020, 14:24 PM
QUOTE(gahvin @ Jul 23 2020, 09:32 AM) *

Edit: I added some screenshots of examples of daily PMs I got from this random toxic player, He blocked me so I couldn’t reply as he is a coward. I remember sending these to bfme group and nobody even knew him so we were all confused.

I said in my post that I had have bad behaviours, and I had answered you, never hide it. I stopped answering you months ago, while you keep coming in my replays, in my post, and in twitch when u see me there, and I became obsessed with you? XD, people know you gahvin, dont fool anyone. Even here u calling us med players, and we are good players, no meds, but thats your problem dude, no one likes u, you dont belong to any group, and have no a sinlge friend, and I risk saying that's the way it is in your life in general. I don't care nothing about you, i feel pity in fact. If I could , I'd block you here too.

+
# 17Leikeze Jul 23 2020, 14:26 PM
QUOTE(Mario Mortensen @ Jul 23 2020, 09:24 AM) *

If I could , I'd block you here too.

You can block people here by adding them to your ignore list.

+
# 18gahvin Jul 23 2020, 14:32 PM
You are breaking my heart

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 19Beterwel Jul 23 2020, 16:21 PM
QUOTE(Mario Mortensen @ Jul 23 2020, 16:24 PM) *
and we are good players, no meds

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

+
# 20StiWie` Jul 23 2020, 16:43 PM
I agree. It was already a hard community and the new “patch” divided it even more. I don’t approve or like this patch so I basically can’t play with many people. I can’t even play tourneys. I always wanted the best for the community and I think I help a lot of people to become better. Playing with them or just giving advice. Of course I flame sometimes but always trolling and trying to be funny. I would like to get back to our entire community just playing old patch, since this new one is barely balanced and tested, not trying to offend those who made it but doesn’t make any sense to me.

Orange you’re a dick head but I miss playing some quality games with you! <3

Clan: PIRATES

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)