Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

BFME: Reforged is looking for patch 1.08-1.09 creators | Balance

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Maroni Jan 27 2019, 22:49 PM
IPB Image

Hi everyone!

It's been quite a while since we last announced the start of our project and now we announce that our programmers have succeeded in creating a base for the game, however there stands one particular issue, that's why we are asking for any help.

Our programmers need to know the precise unit attributes in patch 1.09 of BFME II. We are creating combat and movement mechanics on a new game engine and we want to use balanced unit properties. But we need not the conditional, but precise ones such as:
  • Running speed (cm/sec)
  • Attack speed (seconds)
  • Vision range (cm)
  • Attack range (cm)
  • Auto attack range (cm)
  • Etc...
The big issue we are stuck in is that the new game engine uses centimeters as measure units. However the measure units in BFME were conventional. Some sources indicate that distance there is measured in feet, could be true, yet we are uncertain what those BFME conventional measurements stood for. Our programmers need to know the secret behind it, that's why we'd appreciate a helping hand in that. If anyone is ready to take this seriously and help, we will invite them to the first closed beta-test, which is not very far from now.

Sincerely,
BFME: Reforged Team

This post has been edited by Maroni: Jan 27 2019, 23:04 PM

+
# 2Apmn Jan 28 2019, 06:58 AM
Nice to see you guys want to work with the balance patch team. I'm more than interested for the first closed beta test. w00t.gif
I think Ecthelion, Archangel and Valheru should be there.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3PantheraBFME Jan 28 2019, 07:09 AM
Apmn please gather all legends and make BFME great again biggrin.gif

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4SilverBane Jan 28 2019, 09:49 AM
I can confirm that bfme engine measures distance in feet; otherwise, I don't have time to help. Nice to see your project is still going tho

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)