Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Bfme vs Bfme 2

Which sentence is closer to what you would agree with?
93.75% (15)
Bfme 2 is completely different compared to Bfme.
6.25% (1)
Bfme 2 is quite similar to Bfme.
0.00% (0)
Both you and your friend are somehow wrong.

Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1il-capitano11 Apr 18 2020, 09:39 AM
The post's title might be a bit misleading. It's not about comparing which game is better but to answer how different/similar they are. I hope that people who will answer have played both games smile.gif

A little bit of context first: I used to play bfme quite a lot back in the day and still play when given the chance but a lot less frequently. I had tried bfme2 back in the day as well and played a lot less of it in actual competitive matches compared to the first game. But I still played enough to get the gist of the game and how different factions play.

I played recently bfme2 with 2 friends and I started telling them how this game is nothing like the original. Not necessarily in a bad way. It's a matter of preference which game you like better. They couldn't understand where I was coming from, no matter how hard I tried. They would tell me that in both games are quite similar since you can f.e: Make farms to get resources, spawn heroes which play the same and have the same powers as in the other game, make cavalry that plays the same way, get the good guys or the bad guys, there is still a power points system, and so on.

On that, I tried to tell them that even the things they were mentioning as similar have so many more or less obvious changes that the way you use them makes for a very different game in the end.

The conversation went for a lot longer but I think those were the main points.

I couldn't think of a better place to post this kind of question. So, what do you guys think? Am I right? Are my friends right? Are we both wrong? All answers are welcome.

* I posted this exact question yesterday on the BFME forum for the obvious reason. I hope I'm not violating any rules by doing that.

+
# 2DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr Aug 12 2020, 01:41 AM
You should be more specific - what exactly is different? I've never played the first game, only the second. I can't vote in your poll because you haven't given details on these differences, all you've said is that they're there.

Did gamereplays make an unofficial patch/mod for BfME 1 like they did BfME 2 & RotWK?

+
# 3il-capitano11 Aug 12 2020, 11:14 AM
QUOTE(DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr @ Aug 12 2020, 01:41 AM) *

You should be more specific - what exactly is different? I've never played the first game, only the second. I can't vote in your poll because you haven't given details on these differences, all you've said is that they're there.

Did gamereplays make an unofficial patch/mod for BfME 1 like they did BfME 2 & RotWK?

Analyzing everything that is different would make for a very lengthy post. This poll is for people who have already played both games.

+
# 4Maru Aug 12 2020, 12:11 PM
Hi all!

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)