Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Boxing supplys on Defcon (Gif examples)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1fastAiR Apr 19 2019, 14:17 PM
I noticed that boxing supplys on Defcon is not a very common occurrence (probably due to the annoying position of the CC's), but despite the CC positions you can actually box the majority of the supplys and they dont really take any extra time either. Please see the following examples to give you a rough idea:

IPB Image
China bottom right
IPB Image
China top left

IPB Image
USA top right

IPB Image
USA bottom left

IPB Image
China middle If 2v2v2 put the rax on ur mates side and the bunker on the enemys side, you could of course put a wf there if you wanted but not sure thats always a great idea in 2v2v2 or ffa.
IPB Image
GLA top right

IPB Image
Tox bottom middle The middle bases are not so easy to box and boxing right next to a garrison the enemy can take is not always a good idea, but the bottom one at least can be boxed if ur willing to risk it/or if ur tox.

The GLA boxings do take slightly longer than the USA and China ones as you have to wait longer for all your workers to complete production before you can sell the CC and place the Arms, but its the same idea (I didnt include GIFs of these as I'm limited to file size/GIF duration).

Hopefully more people start doing this as its honestly worth it IMO (Gifs @ 180x speed btw)

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: Apr 19 2019, 17:58 PM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-ExiLe` Apr 19 2019, 15:34 PM
Nice, can sometimes be annoying especially with china on defcon where you build power right away and dont really think about it and then not having enough room left for perfect sup placement

+
# 3-STePH^ Apr 19 2019, 17:20 PM
i think the time needed to move the dozer at beginning may affect u badly , and i dont like gla boxing because u have to wait few seconds before ur cc is sold and then u start to make the WF . middle boxing is a good idea

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 4fastAiR Apr 19 2019, 17:36 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Apr 19 2019, 15:34 PM) *

Nice, can sometimes be annoying especially with china on defcon where you build power right away and dont really think about it and then not having enough room left for perfect sup placement

Yea I know what you mean thats annoying when you make that mistake without really thinking about it you just place the power then you're like oops

QUOTE(-STePH^ @ Apr 19 2019, 17:20 PM) *

i think the time needed to move the dozer at beginning may affect u badly , and i dont like gla boxing because u have to wait few seconds before ur cc is sold and then u start to make the WF . middle boxing is a good idea

yea true this, the dozer starts in different positions and can some what dictate how you have to build. When it starts in the worst position possible you maybe lose 3/4 seconds max, thats not much I know but ofc every bit of time helps. The way I see it is you have that supply for the majority of the game there is no point rushing it, and if you can box it, its one less thing to worry about.
The GLA one does slow ur arms a bit, agree with that but they certainly wont be in ur base b4 u get it down at least.

Also worth mentioning that when im GLA I always make a forward rax first facing the enemy to send terror(s) forward so to box as I have you essentially need to make two raxes, the one for terrors forward and then the one for cap up. Added expense I know, and its not perfect by any means for GLA but its workable. Sometimes I make a fake rax to box the supply while I still have the cc and that only costs 125 I think, and then I bring it alive later when I go bus and need RPGs.

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: Apr 19 2019, 17:56 PM

+
# 5-ExiLe` Apr 19 2019, 17:46 PM
QUOTE(-STePH^ @ Apr 19 2019, 18:20 PM) *

if you go dual supply it doesn't really matter if you build your power straight at the cc or closer to the supply cuz both times your dozer arrives at the supply at the same time, it looks nooby but there really is no difference. Well depending on how far away your 2nd supply is, you want to build that one instantly aswell after the dozer's arrival. However if you spawn right at the supply like in defcon you want to build it straight away ofcourse, plus at an angle where you can build the supply instantly aswell.

+
# 6Leikeze Apr 19 2019, 21:38 PM
Limited file size & GIF duration?

Clan: WbG

+
# 7CirezD Apr 19 2019, 22:15 PM
Muffin, watch this.

+
# 8ROLL Apr 19 2019, 22:27 PM
this is the worst boxing I ever seen in my life

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 9fastAiR Apr 20 2019, 01:48 AM
QUOTE(ROLL @ Apr 19 2019, 22:27 PM) *

this is the worst boxing I ever seen in my life

?? they are boxed what more do you want LOL, its hardly the worst boxing ever is it when they all work..

Even the GLA ones are supporting up to 7 workers inside and none running around the outside. I probably should have showed in the original example for the GLA one that it is infact better to go fake rax for the boxing (and ur real rax wherever -close to enemy) so in the case if someone does decide to ranger drop you then you can detonate the building to get in and not have to sell ur real rax which will cancel/delay your cap up.

If the gif is over 30 seconds (before the speed up) which the GLA ones are, I have to reduce the quality Leikeze.

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: Apr 20 2019, 02:10 AM

+
# 10He1SenBerG Apr 20 2019, 04:39 AM
nice jarmen

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 11Rising` Apr 20 2019, 09:09 AM
The reason people don’t box on defcon is because the campy style of the map makes it very easy to stop harassment anyway. Building your buildings so close is just going to cause issues with Afg carpet bombs or level 3 promotions.

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 12CirezD Apr 20 2019, 09:27 AM
Whoever shoots these buildings w level 3 promotions on defcon should be hanged on the spot. It’s the oils you need to kill

+
# 13HaWkY^ Apr 20 2019, 09:35 AM
Every post jarmen makes he shows the community how little he knows constantly. It’s amazing.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 14HuMaN1ty Apr 20 2019, 11:35 AM
you looked all my games and took screenshots?

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 15-DoMiNaToR- Apr 20 2019, 14:16 PM
Good post

Need to take into account you need to build power ASAP though as impacts the speed the 2nd dozer is produced, meaning 2nd supply could be slightly slower, plus anything you’ll build after that with 2nd dozer

+
# 16fastAiR Apr 20 2019, 14:23 PM
QUOTE(HuMaN1ty @ Apr 20 2019, 11:35 AM) *

you looked all my games and took screenshots?

lol no I have been doing this for quite a long time (these screens are of me), I assume you do this as well then? I really dont see many boxed supplys on Revora Defcon, not like this anyway

+
# 17-ExiLe` Apr 20 2019, 15:06 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Apr 20 2019, 15:16 PM) *

Good post

Need to take into account you need to build power ASAP though as impacts the speed the 2nd dozer is produced, meaning 2nd supply could be slightly slower, plus anything you’ll build after that with 2nd dozer

yup, basicly what i mentioned already

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)