Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Bugs due to stacked buffs?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1HARRYY Jul 22 2017, 17:27 PM
I asked myself if there are any bugs known in game that happen when several buffs are applied to a single unit.

Just as an example: when you trigger the buffs you can get from the Librarian and the Chaplain - are both correctly applied?

Or on buffs generally: How can you receive exact data / numbers ? Is there an easy way?
Have you tried something yourself (labbed something and figured something is not working?)

Lets share some insights, hope people contribute. Maybe we can also find some bugs.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Dullahan Jul 22 2017, 18:30 PM
One thing I've noticed is most damage buffs don't affect secondary weapons. i.e Fortune buff doesn't affect Macha's melee damage, only her ranged. Waaagh only affects Wazmakka's gun, not his melee. Killa kans are another example of waaagh not affecting melee damage.

Assuming the tooltips can be trusted of course. (Since they are dynamic, they're probably accurate)

+
# 3Artist Jul 23 2017, 19:12 PM
I don't think tooltips are reliable. I tried to figure out how much WS buffed ranged dame by sending a squad through the portal but damage doesn't change. Either the tooltip doesn't work, or the buff isn't applied.

There are many buffs interaction I want to test but couldn't find a partner(s) to test with.

Stuff like, Macha's buff + WS buff on say a Wraithguard.

Or my 'the Hulk' single nob monster (Stukk in x4 + waaagh + Gork's dr + Macha's dr + Taunt dr + Gorgutz spinning claw buff...)

I still don't know if Gork's dr on waagh and Mork's dr on repair stack either. If it goes above 100% units could heal (happed before in DoW with some buff + retreat ranged dm resist).

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 4HARRYY Jul 23 2017, 21:13 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tmr...#gid=2145539287
interesting. atm orks only. hf

+
# 5Dullahan Jul 24 2017, 01:08 AM
QUOTE(Artist @ Jul 23 2017, 12:12 PM) *

I don't think tooltips are reliable. I tried to figure out how much WS buffed ranged dame by sending a squad through the portal but damage doesn't change. Either the tooltip doesn't work, or the buff isn't applied.

I'm pretty sure it just buffs the Warp Spider's damage when they teleport, not other units that go through the portal.

QUOTE(HARRYY @ Jul 23 2017, 14:13 PM) *

TIL Stukk In is fucking godlike.

This post has been edited by Dullahan: Jul 24 2017, 01:22 AM

+
# 6Artist Jul 24 2017, 12:44 PM
Teleport tooltip says : [...]Units can right click on the entrance to Teleport to the exit. Teleporting increases their ranged Attack Damage. [...]

If it only applies to the WS, it's pretty misleading...

>TIL Stukk In is fucking godlike.

That's why I want to push a single nob model (Hulk) to the max and see what he can 1v1.

He gets waaagh towers around him and:

35% dr under Waaagh from Gork
400% dmg, 16 sec cd reduc, +2 speed from Stukk In
Shields and 50% dr (stacking?) on Taunt (with reduced cd now)
Healing on Explosive Armour and +3 speed from Mega Nobz
+50 dmg, +3 speed from Gorgutz spinning claw (stacks with waaagh?)
Heals from Waaagh from Gorgutz.

Waaaghs are triggered non stop (recycling towers if necessary) for the heals and perma buff.

2nd team mate
Increased damage from Macha (how does it work?)
70% dr from 'Fortune'

3rd Team mate
+1600 hp shield from Wazmakka
Does a second field from Mega Nobz add and other +3 speed?
Does an other buff from Mork stack?
Does an other buff from Gorgutz stack?

or

3rd Team mate
Shield/Heal from Chappy (he has to hit an other target)
Emperor's Light from Jonny
Heal Drop Pods from Gabe (dropping scouts)
Banner bonus (does it share to other team members?)

+max inf upgrades (the last one is +45% @_@)

Could the Hulk '1v1' a 9 point elite?

Is there a dr cap? (is it 100%?), is there a speed cap? (the Hulk gets around +7).

This post has been edited by Artist: Jul 24 2017, 16:50 PM

Game: Dawn of War 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)