Explore GameReplays...

Soulstorm

CD key

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1arsenal1156 Mar 21 2008, 20:06 PM
i haven't moved on to soulstorm yet and still play dark crusade. I have a vaild game and CD key, but i want to play online with my brother so we can ally. If anyone here has moved on to soulstorm and doesn't play dark crusade anymore, could you send me the old CD key through a personal message. If no one wants to i understand because i am obviously not paying for the key. Just puttin this out here for anyone who might be feeling generous at the time.

can two people can have the same dark crusade cd key, but a different soulstorm key and still play online together?

p.s. im not trying to scam anyone here

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 2Toshi_ Mar 21 2008, 21:42 PM
can two people can have the same dark crusade cd key, but a different soulstorm key and still play online together?

The cd-keys from DoW, WA and DC are just for unlocking the races for multiplayer mode.
It's the Soulstorm cd-key that makes a difference.

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 3arsenal1156 Mar 21 2008, 23:10 PM
so someone who plays soulstorm can send me their dark crusade cd key then and not get booted off the Soulstorm server

This post has been edited by arsenal1156: Mar 22 2008, 01:08 AM

+
# 4Deepflow Mar 22 2008, 01:05 AM
if you just put Dark crusade cd key into google and go a couple of clicks into some of the links you can download something to sort it out.

its normally a .rar with 3 files, 2 .exes, which you should run, they change the CD key on your registry, then the 3rd file is a txt file, this has the CD key on it.

+
# 5arsenal1156 Mar 22 2008, 01:08 AM
yea, but i need an authentic CD key so my brother and i can play online at the same time

+
# 6Toshi_ Mar 22 2008, 01:18 AM
If you want to play Soulstorm online you need two separate cd-keys for SOULSTORM. Only those are checked when logging in.
You can have identical cd-keys for DoW, WA and DC because
QUOTE(Toshi_ @ Mar 21 2008, 22:42 PM) *

The cd-keys from DoW, WA and DC are just for unlocking the races for multiplayer mode.
It's the Soulstorm cd-key that makes a difference.

frusty.gif

This post has been edited by Toshi_: Mar 22 2008, 01:19 AM

+
# 7arsenal1156 Mar 22 2008, 01:30 AM
i want to play DARK CRUSADE online with my brother (haven't bougth soulstorm yet, waiting for the patch). Normally i would never ask for a CD key because then two people couldn't play online together. However, since the DC cd key is only for unlocking tau and necrons, i figured that someone who bought soulstorm and doesn't need the key anymore could send it to me so my bro and i could have to legit keys, therefore allowing us to ally together online in DC

+
# 8Auron. Mar 22 2008, 07:36 AM
Get Soulstorm, seriously. =p

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 9Toshi_ Mar 22 2008, 11:19 AM
QUOTE(Nomadz @ Mar 22 2008, 08:36 AM) *

Get Soulstorm, seriously. =p

I agree. Even though it has some bugs and the campaign takes some time to load on most PCs it's still more balanced than DC.

+
# 10arsenal1156 Mar 22 2008, 15:22 PM
im planning on getting soulstorm during the summer after the patch comes out, but the whole point of this thread is to see if i can get an authentic DC cd key so my bro and i can play DC online together

p.s. if anyone does give me thier key, plz send it through a personal message so a hundred people won't have it. thanks

This post has been edited by arsenal1156: Mar 22 2008, 15:33 PM

+
# 11Merc Scout Mar 22 2008, 17:33 PM
GUYS!!!! why are you making this sooooo difficult!!!

if he has Dark crusade??? then what's the problem???
it plays with out the disk... im pretty sure you both can play online at the same time.. it's only if you go to esl and play a tourni, they may kick you if you have same cd key as some1 else,

basicly... log in...
get your bro to create an account...
( you can have more then 1 account per cd key )

???

soooo what was the problem...?

+
# 12arsenal1156 Mar 22 2008, 18:06 PM
my bro and i can't both play online at the same time with one key. THATS why im asking for another. Since i havent moved on to soulstorm yet, i still play dark crusade. I like to ally ONLINE ON THE GAMESYP LOBBY with my brother, so we can 2v2 other people. Thats why i need another authenic cd key.

u do get kicked if someone else plays with the same cd key. I already bought the game and have ONE cd key. But for me and my bro to play together we need TWO AUTHENTIC cd keys.

I normally wouldn't ask for a key but i know that ppl with soulstorm dont need the key anymore so no one gets hurt if they give it to me

i really appriciate anyone who does send me a key, just plz send it through a personal message. Thanks to everyone whos responded

+
# 13PhearTheHam Mar 23 2008, 02:14 AM
That would be near piracy my good sir. If you want to play together using two keys I suggest you buy another DC. Better yet, buy Two SS and use 1 Cdkey for vDoW,WA,DC. If you still dont want to buy SS, go hamachi.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 14Sovietpride Mar 23 2008, 13:04 PM
i think the confusion is that we're talking about playing DC online in a
SS forum.

and despite my early reservatios, SS kicks ass! its actually considerably more balanced than DC, despite the bugs.

except the harle bug of course...

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 15Auron. Mar 24 2008, 05:56 AM
No, really, get Soulstorm now.

(That, the pathing and the sisters bug Soviet.)

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 16X-ecutionner Mar 24 2008, 09:25 AM
You guy try to be cocky to get a valid internet cd-key.
If you want to have that kind of thing, don't post these lame questions here.

Buy the game and don't be such ass, there is a DOW ANTHOLOGY PACK FOR ONLY 40 € IN EUROPE SO WTF ?

Game: Universe at War

+
# 17PhearTheHam Mar 24 2008, 09:58 AM
Dude chill out. Watch your words man.

He's cheap so hes asking a way to get free complete races which is easily attainable through thorough internet scouring. Helping him would hasten stopping him from asking more questions.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 18arsenal1156 Mar 24 2008, 14:56 PM
i dont think anyone understands what im asking for. i dont own soulstorm. i won dark crusade. i bought dark crusade from target. i have ONE authentic dark crusade cd key. I like to play online with my bro, he lives in the same house as me, but uses a laptop. We cant play online together because we have ONE dark crusade cd key. The whole point of this thread was to ask for ANOTHER authentic dark crusade cd key so we could play online together. ONE CD KEY + ONE CD KEY = TWO AUTHENTIC CD KEYS.

i was asking this in the soulstorm forum because everyone here SHOULD OWN SOULSTORM. hence, no one here needs an authentic dark crusade cd key anymore. i dont think i can be any clearer in what im am trying to ask.

i didnt mean to piss anyone off, and yes i am a cheap person, but i dont want anyone to think im lying. im being honest in the reason i want another key

if you guy are pissed at me for askin this, i didint know you would be so sorry for pissin you off

This post has been edited by arsenal1156: Mar 24 2008, 14:58 PM

+
# 19IceDread Mar 24 2008, 15:43 PM
arsenal, I think you are out of luck in this forum. I'd never for any reason give my keys away and I bet most here thinks the same. Dawn of war anthology is extreamly lowcosting at some stores thou, less costing then 4 beers at a bar if you find the right stores (cauz it can be expensive too) and thus I belive most people will frown at you for begging for a key.

+
# 20tvsharker Mar 24 2008, 16:14 PM
$19.95 at most US retail outlets and online

Game: Company of Heroes

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)