Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

CNC TIBERIAN DAWN IS A DISASTER

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1JulzzZ Jul 14 2020, 07:02 AM
The state of play right now is so terrible.. I keep thinking taking small breaks meant something would change when I came back but nope.

Apache exploit is still a thing - and people are actually JUSTIFYING that it is legal and not even an exploit. "Next time build a SAM SITE" - yes my build will be PP, HON, SAM, SAM, REF from now on every game.

Name Impersonation - People intentionally copying names and doing bad things with them. I already know Ethan has impersonated DK 100 times and now it's probably him copying me with 'Peasy Easy'. Meaning he will be apache exploiting or apc rushing then that's all I'll get back in pro play - very fun having 1minute games.

Engineer Rushing - GDI has no chance to stop this, and NOD can only stop it with good early vision and early bikes. TBH this doesn't bother me as much as the others but engineers can still enter buildings while being sold xD

I really love this game and it's heart breaking to see such shit being allowed. We really should compile replays with impersonators/apache exploiters so some form of punishment can be delt, but instead nothing is being done at all.

I am very saddened. I know GR isn't incharge but it's frustrating for sure.

Anyone else feel this, or are people actually enjoying this?

Game: League of Legends

+
# 2JonnyKnows Jul 14 2020, 08:45 AM
Since I refuse to join unlimited Nod mirrors I have to deal with playing GDI.

Which honestly I don't mind playing GDI really, it's just the imbalances are annoying.

However the faction imbalances are NOT what bothers me the most right now.

These are the biggest issues for me:

-Apache exploits
-Bad maps
-Engineers
-Bad map rules(Need tib regrow and MCV redploy imo)

I'd prefer 1 riflemen scout to start the game too, which would help with map identification. Maybe more MCV vision would solve that too.

Obviously a map on the loading screen would instantly solve this map identification problem entirely.

Overall this game feels.... Like it was released in 1995 and multiplayer was never considered to be a main feature! biggrin.gif

There's really small changes that need to happen that'll make the game playable and tolerable at least. That's all I really ask for.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3JulzzZ Jul 14 2020, 09:17 AM
QUOTE(JonnyKnows @ Jul 14 2020, 18:45 PM) *

Obviously a map on the loading screen would instantly solve this map identification problem entirely.

Oh yeah I forgot about maps, I guess that is an issue too.

Not as much as the other ones but yes.. a map on the loading screen would be fantastic biggrin.gif

+
# 4FUzziBabes Jul 14 2020, 10:31 AM
EA need to move if they want the quickmatch to survive basically, everything you mentioned is valid without a doubt.

My wishlist:
1. Engineers now take 3 seconds to capture a structure, just like in CNC3. Remove the ability to a capture a building once it has been sold
2. Remove apache exploit, it is an exploit without question. If they want to patch it that the air units reveal shroud then fine, it will stagnate the games but fine.
3. Get us some decent QM maps that are GDI favoured and some maps which are more balanced. Also, make the QM maps only have two starting positions. As mentioned, no map overview at the start really forces people into dumb positions as they don't know what map or position they are on. A lot of players are memorising the map but even then you make mistakes. It adds more luck into the game as you can be wrong as opposed to making skillful and thought out decisions.
4. Airstrip plane comes in from the closest edge, not just the right side. on larger maps there can be a 3-4 second difference between a left side and right side player forcing the left side player to build double airstrip.
5. Make mammoths worth a damn, a NOD player spending the same amount on bikes will 100% always win a fight against a mammoth without losing basically any bikes if they micro them correctly
6. Try sorting out buggies so we don't just see buggy spam as much, don't nerf them into uselessness but make other units more valuable

And most imporantly...

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SAVE, DOWNLOAD AND PLAY REPLAYS LOCALLY. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(also the ability to turn off the timer on replays, if I'm casting i don't want to know how long the replay is)

QUOTE(JulzzZ @ Jul 14 2020, 08:02 AM) *
Name Impersonation - People intentionally copying names and doing bad things with them. I already know Ethan has impersonated DK 100 times and now it's probably him copying me with 'Peasy Easy'. Meaning he will be apache exploiting or apc rushing then that's all I'll get back in pro play - very fun having 1minute games.

Yeah I've seen quite a bit of this, shouldn't be hard to track them by Ip or w/e but this was probably always going to happen given how the names work. I think DK finds it funny because whenever he's playing he's streaming so people can easily find out its him. But yeah as a non streamer I imagine it's unbearable sad.gif

+
# 5JulzzZ Jul 15 2020, 06:24 AM
True with alot of those points FUzzi.

I like the airstrip idea too, that'd be great.

Also another thing I forgot to mention is the whole glitch where neither player can do anything till someone leaves.
Usually I just leave after awhile, but I'm currently ingame with an apache exploit user, so I won't be leaving the game.

We on 4+ hours at the moment lol.

+
# 6Incia Jul 15 2020, 06:37 AM
Agree with everything you say, I've stopped playing online myself, and think yesterday val transfered over to Red Alert instead, so yeah basically nobody is playing TD anymore. I'm almost getting banned on steam forums too so I've stopped posting over there. Everyone justifies the crap online gameplay cause "it's a single player game", which irritates me to no end. A few balance fixes here and there and the game isn't that bad actually, it's very simple yes but it has enough strategy to be at least little competitive.

Right now you launch a Nod mirror quickmatch, if you spawn on the right side = win. If you spawn on the left side, might as well quit.

It's sad the singleplayer voice is so strong, and EA listens to them. Like, giving GDI War Factory more HP, how will that change singleplayer? It won't, these guys are just trolls and want to see the online game fail. And it seems they succeeded.

Also any news on next patch?

I'm really interested on seeing the notes. LAN might save tournaments at least, cause I think MODs can be used on tournaments, so we can balance the game ourselves, however quickmatch is doomed it seems.

+
# 7JulzzZ Jul 15 2020, 09:44 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jul 15 2020, 16:37 PM) *

It's sad the singleplayer voice is so strong, and EA listens to them. Like, giving GDI War Factory more HP, how will that change singleplayer? It won't, these guys are just trolls and want to see the online game fail. And it seems they succeeded.

I know right??

I'm a big single player fan too, but half of these things wouldn't effect campaign at all.

Fix apache exploit or at least make a statement that there will be consequences for using it. Yes it's an exploit, no it's not intended. Infuriates me to no end to hear people justify it.

Make engineers Communications Tech, won't effect single player at all. By the time you can build a wf, you can build a Comm. Center.

I would know.

GDI WF getting health won't change single player at ALL.

It's really not difficult to make minor changes to make the game bearable. If you don't want to, give it to someone who will.
This is basically bare minimum, they could do much more to balance units and some structures as well.

As for patch, no idea. Better be something good, sometime soon.

+
# 8FUzziBabes Jul 15 2020, 10:02 AM
Yeah the thing is with the its a single player game argument is that if they have no intention on supporting the multiplayer side of things then I don't see the point of implementing the Replay/ELO/Quickmatch/leaderboard systems. Sure if it died tomorrow then people got a good few weeks out of it but still, might as well support it and show that the next CNC they remaster will be supported which equals more money for them tongue.gif

+
# 9Incia Jul 15 2020, 16:41 PM
Steam forum tactics to counter apache cheese:

"Get a barracks and about 10 rocket soldiers keep them near your MCV that should stop that attack as i doubt they would have enough to stop you. 10 of them or a bigger group should do it. They are cheaper than orca so taking them down in the early game is a big blow to the other player."

"barracks before ref"

PS: I checked these guys names on the replay, 0 games found.

---

EDIT:

New patch post on reddit, LAN is added and apache force-fire is fixed.

This post has been edited by Incia: Jul 15 2020, 20:10 PM

+
# 10JulzzZ Jul 15 2020, 23:50 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jul 16 2020, 02:41 AM) *

Steam forum tactics to counter apache cheese:

"Get a barracks and about 10 rocket soldiers keep them near your MCV that should stop that attack as i doubt they would have enough to stop you. 10 of them or a bigger group should do it. They are cheaper than orca so taking them down in the early game is a big blow to the other player."

"barracks before ref"

PS: I checked these guys names on the replay, 0 games found.

---

EDIT:

New patch post on reddit, LAN is added and apache force-fire is fixed.

There you go!

Tips from a top 2000 player, spend 3000 as a life insurance everygame! biggrin.gif

People giving tips when they really have no clue, love it.

At least this patch should fix it finally. Hopefully they implement it soon.

+
# 11Olli Jul 17 2020, 09:40 AM
game is dead - nearly after a few weeks.
this oldschool shit with antiquated graphics and gameplay. nobody cares.

how many people are online? few hundrets?

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 12Incia Jul 17 2020, 09:50 AM
QUOTE(Olli @ Jul 17 2020, 12:40 PM) *

That's why we want a patch.
If no patch = everyone stops playing, including the 'few hundred'.

+
# 13FUzziBabes Jul 17 2020, 11:21 AM
QUOTE(Olli @ Jul 17 2020, 10:40 AM) *

Game is most certainly not dead, Zero Hour is alive and well with not much more then a few hundred players. Still more then enough activity even with the ladder being the mess it is at the moment with the cheese strategies and apache bug usage.

Will be interesting after the next patch to see what happens. At its core though, the ball is in EA's court about whether the ladder is going to survive. Jim's shown a lot of interest on reddit and are listening to the players so I have hope that with a few tweaks to the gameplay/map pool and a few fixes, then we will have a fully workable ladder.

Also really want them to allow local replays, honestly I'm still not sure why they changed the replay function to flat out remove local replays.

+
# 14Incia Jul 18 2020, 12:08 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/...lance_feedback/

Please go and give Jim feedback on the balance suggestions.

Overall for this thread, please keep your feedback focused on the topics above, so we can quickly decipher as much information as possible. For a quick summary, here’s what we’re looking for:

Feedback on normalized Cargo Plane delivery time
Feedback on Weapons Factory health increase
Feedback on Naval structures removed from Victory Condition (Good or bad)
Feedback on Engineer + APC solution from the three proposed options

+
# 15FUzziBabes Jul 20 2020, 17:15 PM
Should be an update of some kind of their plan today I'm hearing, chat to a few people who are quite invested so if anything is said I should hear about it pretty quickly!

Exciting that there should be some changes!

+
# 16Leikeze Jul 20 2020, 21:35 PM
Balance changes, bc's, bc's, bc's...and that other stuff.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 17Incia Jul 23 2020, 16:42 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/...dder_community/

Whoop whoop

Time to change the topic title? wink.gif

+
# 18Leikeze Jul 23 2020, 17:01 PM
Could change it slightly, but not enough to remove the unsatisfied sentiment.

Still needs more.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 19JulzzZ Jul 24 2020, 04:01 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jul 24 2020, 02:42 AM) *

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/...dder_community/

Whoop whoop

Time to change the topic title? wink.gif

It'll be a forever reminder of what we had to endure biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)