Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Can you transfer 1.08 maps to 1.09?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Attack Troll Apr 21 2019, 08:25 AM
Hey guys. I like 1.09 for some of the fixes and new features it has, but, it just so happened that a few maps i really liked from 1.08 have been removed for 1.09.

"The Prancing Pony" would be one example- Its my favorite map overall in 1.08. and I asked about that map specifically a while back but was told that "there was no such map".

So I have a screenshot of the Map selection, showing the map im referring to right here- https://i.imgur.com/mI40QkY.jpg

(it seems to be a 4v4 counterpart to "the Ivy Bush" 1v1 map thats in 1.09?)

Maybe it was a player made map, but either way, it was a really good map imo, and id really like to be able to have it in 1.09 if possible. (especially because its a great map for large scale battles- but my 1.08 tends to crash when things get too intense, while 1.09 almost never crashes for me)

Basically what im asking is that, is there a way to transfer certain maps from 1.08 to 1.09? Like for example, make a copy of the desired map file, switch my patch to 1.09, then paste them back? If so, where would i find the map files?

+
# 2SilverBane Apr 21 2019, 11:51 AM
Open _wbt2dc1.08.big or however the 1.08 patch file is called with a program called FinalBig - google it and download it. Then extract, find the map folder you want, and copy that into your custom maps folder (in appdata/roaming/my bfme2 files/maps). That should be it, roughly

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Attack Troll Apr 21 2019, 19:57 PM
QUOTE(SilverBane @ Apr 21 2019, 11:51 AM) *

Open _wbt2dc1.08.big or however the 1.08 patch file is called with a program called FinalBig - google it and download it. Then extract, find the map folder you want, and copy that into your custom maps folder (in appdata/roaming/my bfme2 files/maps). That should be it, roughly

Holy shit, that worked! Thank you so much!

Now, hopefully, I can get some big battles going without worry of crashes! At least if it was 1.08 causing the crashes and, hopefully, not the map itself, since its a pretty large map.

+
# 4SeñorEcthelion Apr 24 2019, 06:19 AM
Sorry if i said there's no such map. Looks my personal 1.08 files had lost that map, im gonna install 1.08, extract and update my stuff.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)