C&C Rivals and C&C 4 units

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Feb 26 2019, 04:35 AM
Welcome back Centurion!

C&C Rivals Centurion

I love how new players of Rivals are like:
"omg so cool new cnc units!"
"C&C 4 sucks though"

Well surprise surprise, all these 'cool' units are copy pasted from C&C 4 biggrin.gif

I'm lovin' it.

This is just one example of the cool units copy pasted from C&C 4.

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2dominik12 Feb 27 2019, 20:45 PM
well most of them hated the game idea of not being able to build a base (not the way u were able back in all the other cnc's) and not the units

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3Incia Feb 28 2019, 05:50 AM
Haters hate everything about cnc4, sounds, unit voices, graphics, units, turrets, Kane, Lily, campaign, pony. Though, when they don't know someone else copies cnc 4 then they love it.

+
# 4dominik12 Feb 28 2019, 12:18 PM
okay

+
# 5Claymore92 Feb 28 2019, 13:30 PM
I agree with Dominik. Whether C&C 4 is, from an objective standpoint, a good game or not... Let's put that aside. However, from an objective standpoint, it differs way, way from other C&C games people have come to know and love during past years. No base building, no MCV but some Crawlers, no classic resource gathering (as far as I know). That is what alienates most people in my opinion.

I mean, I am no C&C 4 fan, but I've included C&C 4 soundtrack in maps I made for C&C 3 TW, I've included textures from other C&C games into those maps as well (probably even C&C 4 ones, was not looking from which C&C game they are). I even bought the game on Steam even though I won't ever play it just to try to import some stuff from it to C&C 3 TW. Technique added even objects from C&C 4 into his C&C 3 KW maps (example Atacama Road and Extraction Plateau). What I wanna say, I don't hate C&C 4 stuff at all. I like it actually. Would even like to know how to include those objects into C&C TW.

Sure, there will always be some dude here and there who will literally hate everything from C&C 4 for whatever reason, but in my opinion, most just don't like that the game differs so much from other C&C games.

+
# 6Leikeze Feb 28 2019, 15:44 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't take everything they could from C&C 4 to implement it into rivals. They could be looked at as merely variations of one another in some ways.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: Graphics

+
# 7Incia Feb 28 2019, 16:45 PM
Both haters are there, some disliked it for bad story and some disliked it for no bases, but true haters bash the game without ever even playing it.

And I was almost quoting rivals players, on my clan, and rivals forums, they loved the units until they noticed it was from cnc 4, then they hated the unit when they found out.

Either way, not really what this topic was about, just sharing what rivals is adding to the game and taking the good bits from cnc 4 into action, and I love it, I hope they bring in more burrow/stealth units from cnc 4, and air units, I would love to see a salamander in rivals.

+
# 8dominik12 Mar 1 2019, 00:25 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Feb 28 2019, 15:30 PM) *

I agree with Dominik. Whether C&C 4 is, from an objective standpoint, a good game or not... Let's put that aside. However, from an objective standpoint, it differs way, way from other C&C games people have come to know and love during past years. No base building, no MCV but some Crawlers, no classic resource gathering (as far as I know). That is what alienates most people in my opinion.

I mean, I am no C&C 4 fan, but I've included C&C 4 soundtrack in maps I made for C&C 3 TW, I've included textures from other C&C games into those maps as well (probably even C&C 4 ones, was not looking from which C&C game they are). I even bought the game on Steam even though I won't ever play it just to try to import some stuff from it to C&C 3 TW. Technique added even objects from C&C 4 into his C&C 3 KW maps (example Atacama Road and Extraction Plateau). What I wanna say, I don't hate C&C 4 stuff at all. I like it actually. Would even like to know how to include those objects into C&C TW.

Sure, there will always be some dude here and there who will literally hate everything from C&C 4 for whatever reason, but in my opinion, most just don't like that the game differs so much from other C&C games.

+1 i bought this game on the first day it came out and put it away after one week cause it was so different from the cnc`s i have played before and for some reason i luckily played it two years later again and now i am still here playing this game sometimes lol

+
# 9phantom9399 Yesterday, 13:19 PM
My main issue was the leveling system (easy fix with those level up maps) and the horrible story, especially that bonus mission. Took them a year to release it and the mission was horrid.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)