Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

C&C Tiberian Dawn Remastered Community Website [Season 3+]

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Danku Jan 10 2021, 21:57 PM
This has been a busy week of hacking to try and get this together in some fashion. It's still in beta but for those interested: The C&C Tiberian Dawn Remastered Community website is now live in beta!

It's just myself working on this at the moment so expect loads of bugs and inevitable crashing/downtime while getting it in a decent state. But the tl;dr on this site:
  • It enables community run ladders since the official ladder has stopped being reset
  • There is currently a Season 3+ running which is still using existing quickmatch matches but with an elo reset bringing players back down to a starting elo of 1000 to replicate a new season - this has already picked up about 1k+ games in the space of 24hrs so it is likely it may crash and require DB maintenance later in the week.
  • There is a Season 4 custom map pool and ladder that will hopefully start within the coming weeks for those looking for incentive to play new maps but still have your games count for something

If you're interested in keeping an eye on its development I work from a Trello board that should be publicly viewable here

Feel free to include any feedback/requests etc. below - I am but one man so please be patient while things get in a better operational state!

- Danku

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2KHANOMANCER Jan 11 2021, 07:47 AM
Really awesome work Danku!

Looking forward to the progress and will try to help out testing it.

Best Regards
KHANOMANCER

+
# 3JonnyKnows Jan 30 2021, 01:28 AM
This is really sick, I'm looking forward to season 4. My only concern is that there's no way to practice with a friend without it being ranked?

Do alternate settings get ranked too?

Maybe we could consider redeployable MCV in the future(season 5 or later) and possible have some map design contests which could implement that change better and if people are willing even add a cash prize just for a map contest, could be cool!

The faster the competitive side of the game is in the hands of the community the better. I just wish the QM could be changed to reflect it all.

+
# 4Danku Jan 30 2021, 17:35 PM
Thanks for the Feedback Jonny!

This is really sick, I'm looking forward to season 4. My only concern is that there's no way to practice with a friend without it being ranked?

Yeah, I had considered duplicating the maps and prefixing them with a [s4] tag so they'll be 'official', but aside from that already being more effort on top of setting up the ladder already, it's got quite low traffic so for now any games being played are just being counted.

Somebody did flag that for the Season 3+ ladder non quickmatch games on the maps were counted, I added a patch a couple days ago to removed this so only quickmatched games are counted.

Do alternate settings get ranked too?

At the moment it's only filtered based on the map and having two players, it doesn't strictly typecheck the settings but its something I can add in at a later date if it becomes a problem, for the most part people are using these maps on the quickmatch settings so its very rare a weird 'unofficial' one slips in.

Maybe we could consider redeployable MCV in the future(season 5 or later) and possible have some map design contests which could implement that change better and if people are willing even add a cash prize just for a map contest, could be cool!

This is a fun idea! Problem with ladders is having specific rules for only one map doesnt really work out, it would be better to have a sort of... month long season for redeployable mcvs or something that applies to all maps on the pool. Not against the idea - but it can all be done on the backend for sure with minimal additional work.

The faster the competitive side of the game is in the hands of the community the better. I just wish the QM could be changed to reflect it all.

This is currently the biggest barrier. Season 3+ makes sense because it makes use of the existing quickmatch search, this doesnt translate well when you have to use custom maps and arrange with players to play matches, it would be more ideal to have a custom game client that enables you to quickmatch into the new map pool - that's currently beyond my area of expertise, but when I did look into it theres a huge problem with how the existing system is setup on EA's dedicated servers, so we can't really even replicate that in any easy way...

I had a discord bot that people could use to randomise map choices so once two people agreed to play it would be unbiased but it cost money to host and wasnt really worth it this early on - maybe ill enable it in future if theres interest.

But keep the feedback coming!

+
# 5cwedvin Jan 31 2021, 15:42 PM
Have you looked at the bot in the GR discord?

Prehaps it could be sett up to make "a AM" for remasters aswell? smile.gif

Clan: Cant win

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 6Danku Jan 31 2021, 17:25 PM
I saw roughly the ZH one aye - there are some solutions out there, the only problem is its still that extra step players have to take before playing - but its a good in-between solution for sure!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)