Explore GameReplays...

Command & Conquer Remastered Update

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1phantom9399 Nov 16 2018, 10:57 AM
Good Evening Commanders,

EA Producer EA_Jimtern (aka Jim Vessella) has recently posted an update regarding the Command and Conquer Remasters on the Command & Conquer (C&C) Reddit channel.

It has been revealed that EA will be remastering the two original C&C Games, Tiberium Dawn & Red Alert 1, including all three expansions for these games (Covert Ops, Counterstrike & Aftermath).

In more exciting news, EA has decided to team up with Petroglyph games, which currently has several crew from the Westwood team that created these games. These people include Joe Bostic (Co-Creator and Lead Programmer for both games) and Ted Morris (the original C&C Community manager). EA will also be partnering with Lemon Sky Studios, who run a premier art studio, so they can release the original C&C's in 4K quality.

Frank Klepacki (Audio Director for Petroglyph games and the creator of the original C&C Soundtrack) will be rejoining EA to help remaster the classic C&C soundtrack.

Jimtern is currently looking for feedback and ideas in regards to the remastered games, so feel free to post your feedback or opinions down below.

We will continue to update the community as we receive news regarding the remaster. <br>

Twitter Image
Discord Image

This post has been edited by ToxicShock: Nov 17 2018, 07:36 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Incia Nov 16 2018, 12:26 PM
I'm still not understanding this whole thing, remastered is the exact same game with better graphics? But now even Kane is returning so re-shooting all full motion videos as well? America I'm confusion, please explain!

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3Technique Nov 16 2018, 18:38 PM
It's still quite vague what this actually is.

Is it blizzard style same engine just upressing remaster focussed on keeping the gameplay exactly the same?

Hopefully not because cnc95 certainly didn't age as well as broodwar and wc3.

I'd love to see a modernized 3d remake in a new engine though.

+
# 4Plokite_Wolf Nov 16 2018, 21:37 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Nov 16 2018, 12:57 PM) *

Joe Kucan, the well know face of Kane, has announced on his official Facebook page that he will be returning to his role as Kane for the remaster.

That's a fake page. The real Joe Kucan didn't know about the remaster. (I know because I emailed him about it, and he knows little of Generals 2/C&C 2013 that that page has almost exclusively posted about in 2011-2013).

This post has been edited by Plokite_Wolf: Nov 16 2018, 21:41 PM

+
# 5{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Nov 17 2018, 17:59 PM
was hoping for a Kane's Wrath remastered sad.gif , would have been nice to see Dynamic vs Technique go at it in remastered KW sad.gif

Clan: DiVerSiTy

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 6ivan55599 Nov 20 2018, 16:27 PM
I smell some serious money-making in this. EA wouldn't ever re-publish oldschool games by good will to fans.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 7GhostTX Nov 21 2018, 04:37 AM
Color me excited!

Clan: CrAzY

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 8Incia Nov 22 2018, 04:49 AM
Just started up Tib Dawn (bought ultimate collection a few days ago).

The video quality is super pixelated, is it even possible to just 'hd restore' these? I think not. Would be really awesome if tehy got remade with similar looking actors etc. I just beat two first GDI missions and the gameplay and missions are hell a lot of fun, and kickass music.

With a remaster I would simply just want more refined gameplay with hotkeys, formations, group numbers. Like I did a group of humvees but it doesn't show '1' around them. Would love to replay this gem with better graphics, new cinematic and more gameplay features, but the big point here is, to have everything else the same. So it's truly a remastered tib dawn. Not a new game or reboot. I would also prefer to just have the same old music, the old school songs are still better then remastered versions IMO.

With all this said, old school tib dawn is a lot of fun but feels restricted when you are used to all fancy hotkeys and macro micro, can't seem to do that in old tib dawn. I feel handicapped. smile.gif

EDIT: And ability to alt + tab. Game just crashed when I did this... and auto saves and check points etc. I think I have to replay both levels now.

EDIT: And fix the missing file ssley32.dll would be awesome, can't seem to play tib dawn after all, crashes every game. Worth the buy.

EDIT: Putting res to crappiest seems to have fixed that issue, all well now.

This post has been edited by Incia: Nov 22 2018, 06:48 AM

+
# 9Plokite_Wolf Nov 22 2018, 16:00 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ Nov 22 2018, 05:49 AM) *
The video quality is super pixelated, is it even possible to just 'hd restore' these?

It would be if they still have the original recordings. The VHS tapes of Westwood-era cutscenes were thrown away after Victory Games closed, but we don't know if they were digitally archived beforehand.

QUOTE(Incia @ Nov 22 2018, 05:49 AM) *

EDIT: And fix the missing file ssley32.dll would be awesome, can't seem to play tib dawn after all, crashes every game. Worth the buy.

https://cncnz.com/features/technical-suppor...ert-operations/

+
# 10Incia Nov 24 2018, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the link, game worked fine until level 11 Nod, now I get random crash to desktop, once when I looked at bottom left corner and once when there were lots of action on screen. But I guess this is what we get with old products, so I'm looking forward to a remastered version. smile.gif

+
# 11RRcabal Nov 25 2018, 16:52 PM
QUOTE(Incia @ Nov 23 2018, 23:48 PM) *

Thanks for the link, game worked fine until level 11 Nod, now I get random crash to desktop, once when I looked at bottom left corner and once when there were lots of action on screen. But I guess this is what we get with old products, so I'm looking forward to a remastered version. smile.gif

INCIA IS A SR. COMMENTATOR ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Game: None

+
# 12Technique Dec 5 2018, 12:19 PM
edit:
Nvm, we'll see what comes of this.

At least their upcoming Conan rts game looks quite nice (survival type game with a nice art style).

This post has been edited by Technique: Dec 8 2018, 19:09 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)