Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Content Creators / New CNC style game

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-DoMiNaToR- Jun 16 2018, 21:09 PM
yo guys,

there's a new title being worked on called Warzone Middle East.

A bunch of cnc-fan developers are working on it and are in need of content creators.

If you are a content creator and interested in looking at a new cnc-style game, alpha/beta testing and giving feedback to devs then i would like to hear from you.

Could you come to my discord channel and add me as friend, I will invite you to the chat with the devs.

Look forward to hearing from you..

my discord - https://discord.gg/tjpPSFt

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Luvaskot Jun 17 2018, 02:11 AM
I'm sorry but it won't be succeed. It is a low budget game and has many flaws can be seen in videos. Even AAA RTS like SpellForce 3 sold only 80K copies. RTS genre is dead.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Technique Jun 17 2018, 07:09 AM
Why do the graphics look so outdated if this project started in ~2016?

Especially when unreal engine 4 been free since like 2015 iirc.
And it's quite easy to make things look really good inside there.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4LordFlameheart Jun 17 2018, 07:22 AM
RTS genre is not dead lol. It's just Spell Force3 is bad, and most RTS devs have no enough braincells to pull out a good one without ruining their own project.

+
# 5Luvaskot Jun 17 2018, 13:02 PM
SF3 is not a bad game at all. You couldn't know since didn't see the era when end of the 1990s and start of the 2000s where tons of fantasy rts has been made and sold well.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 6RRcabal Jun 17 2018, 13:15 PM
The only thing I would be able to proved is voices. biggrin.gif

Game: None

+
# 7Vejazzle Jun 18 2018, 01:48 AM
RTS Genre is dead. It cant pull any players and there is no way to make money out of it.

+
# 8Technique Jun 19 2018, 09:56 AM
QUOTE(Vejazzle @ Jun 18 2018, 03:48 AM) *

RTS Genre is dead. It cant pull any players and there is no way to make money out of it.

The only quality rts game that been released in the last ~8 years has sold very well.

Just cause low quality products haven't been selling, doesn't mean there ain't a market for the full fledged well polished fun rts game.

Instead we get absolute shit deprived of all creativity and craftsmanship like 8-bit armies... yeah, no1 is waiting on that. If that's what you think rts is - than sure... it's dead. But the moment an actual proper rts game gets released... it will have flocks of thirsty rts players running towards it. biggrin.gif

+
# 9IISpartacus Jun 19 2018, 15:14 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Jun 19 2018, 04:56 AM) *

The only quality rts game that been released in the last ~8 years has sold very well.

Just cause low quality products haven't been selling, doesn't mean there ain't a market for the full fledged well polished fun rts game.

Instead we get absolute shit deprived of all creativity and craftsmanship like 8-bit armies... yeah, no1 is waiting on that. If that's what you think rts is - than sure... it's dead. But the moment an actual proper rts game gets released... it will have flocks of thirsty rts players running towards it. biggrin.gif

That's true, it just seems that the bar is set so much higher for RTS releases than any other genre because it's been so long since a decent game was released. Just look at Grey Goo. A pretty decent game overall, albeit with it's litany of problems. It just wasn't able to maintain steam after release because everyone was expecting the world from this game. I'm not saying that it's wrong for players to want an incredible game (I know I certainly do), but it's undeniable that this genre faces challenges for developers and publishers that no other really does.

And no, that does not exonerate those out there making piss-poor cash grab games, but then that's on the consumer base to not encourage it.

+
# 10XXcyberstormXX Jun 27 2018, 12:39 PM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Jun 19 2018, 15:14 PM) *

That's true, it just seems that the bar is set so much higher for RTS releases than any other genre because it's been so long since a decent game was released. Just look at Grey Goo. A pretty decent game overall, albeit with it's litany of problems. It just wasn't able to maintain steam after release because everyone was expecting the world from this game. I'm not saying that it's wrong for players to want an incredible game (I know I certainly do), but it's undeniable that this genre faces challenges for developers and publishers that no other really does.

And no, that does not exonerate those out there making piss-poor cash grab games, but then that's on the consumer base to not encourage it.

+1

Also, players need to realize that no game is going to come out totally and perfectly balanced. They will have a beta, recognize issues and probably fix them before release. But even when released there will inevitably be op units and units that are way underpowered and serve no purpose, but if patched in certain ways could be decent. A lot of players expect perfection from the start and are not willing to wait for patches to fix what they currently complain about. And patches will take some time. If you read how many terrible comments Gray Goo was getting from players when it was first released it was less constructive and just abusive. We need to approach new RTS games expecting there to be balance issues at game release, we need to be prepared to leave constructive feedback (feedback that doesn't just rip the developers apart and completely disrespect them) and we need to be patient and give the game time to develop. RTS games can be very difficult to perfect the balance on. And in all honestly, a majority of the time players think things are unbalanced is because they just lack the skill and knowledge to use units properly so things that are not op can be perceived as op and complained about just because of a player's inability to find out how to counter a decent unit/strategy. Players will cry about a unit needing to be nerfed, while other players are complaining that the same unit needs to be buffed. No wonder developers want to just take the easy way out and release a game like C&C Rivals.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 11Technique Jun 27 2018, 13:24 PM
I don't agree with that assessment at all actually.

If a game in another genre gets released that's fundamentally flawed, it gets heavy criticism as well - and maybe even just ignored completely cause more games get released in those other genres so people don't need to focus as much on those low quality games.

While we as rts players do focus on those new low quality games cause we don't got anything else.

And balance is never really the reason for those games downfall, of course you will always have players crying balance when they lose, but that's just that. You even see that in sc2.

If the basics are sound and the game overall is fun to play - imbalances might even add to that fun.
Hence the design philosophy that you always lean towards buffing units instead of nerfing (since you guys mention Grey Goo - a thing you should never do is make a slow unit like gladius was, even slower when you deem it too cost effective - that's an anti fun change in an environment where you already got lots of feedback that the overall slow unit speeds in the game ain't fun).

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)