Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Custom Hotkey Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1brabox Sep 30 2017, 15:28 PM
Hi all, please use this topic to discuss and create hotkey sets.

Some notes:
  • You can not edit hotkeys from inside the game, you need external tools
  • Hotkey sets are language specific. You can not use an English hotkey set without that also inadvertently turning your text language to English.
  1. Tada's Hotkeys
  2. Mako's Hotkeys V1

This post has been edited by Mako: Oct 12 2017, 11:14 AM

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 2brabox Sep 30 2017, 15:30 PM

Hotkey set 1: TaDa's Hotkeys (English)

First off, I updated TaDa's English language hotkey set for v7.0.0. It is a rather extensive rework so it's definitely worth checking out.

This is what he said about the work:

Description

I tried just to change those hotkeys that were clearly uncomfortable and changed some others only for the sake of better remembering. After I tested them im going to say that quite everything now in this game has hotkey and its comfortable to use. I will mention only some general changes because there are a lot of them:

Added such missing hotkeys as throw barrels for bws and catapults, evacuate single unit/horde, detonate mine, launch sculls, builders extinguish fire, cancel wall span etc. Also added missing hotkeys for most of the upgrades.

Structures:
All rbs - R
All barracks/caves/pits etc. – C
All towers – T
All wells/hearth – D
All statues – F
All fortresses – K
All forges(without sieges) - V
All siegeworks - G
Stables, spider/warg pits etc.- A
Etc.

Forts extensions:
All towers – R
All catas/ballistas/trebuchetes/giants – T
Such things as flood doors/spider holes/angmar dogs/mines launchers – C
Etc.

Forts upgraides:
Banners/crows/enchanted anvil etc. - A
Walls for everyone – T
Arrows upgrade – W
Such things as boiling oil and moats – R
Healing house/fontain/kegs – S
Such upgraides as Drake/eagle nests, Ivory tower etc. have 1 hotkey – Y. Using powers from these upgraides(for example recruit giant eagle or fire drake etc.) - C hotkey.
etc.

I used aoe 2 system(A, S, D,..) for units recruiting so for example hotkey for guardians – A, for phalanges – S, For lorien archers – A, mithlond – S, lorien warriors – W, mirkwood – D, easterlings – A, corsairs – W, harad archers – S, harad lancers – D, etc. All miniheroes hordes hotkey – R. Same system for heroes recruiting and it depends on hero accessibility. So for example Brand – A, Gloin – S, Dain – D, Hwaldar – A, Morgomir – S, Faramir – A, Boro – S, etc.
New tavern units have A hotkey.
Etc.

Abilities:
All units with 1 ability only have 1 hotkey for these abilities – R. Examples – all formations(porcupine, shields wall, etc.), poisoned blades, all charges, drakes fire, berserksgang, deathwish etc.
All toggle weapons including trolls, giants, corsairs, hobbits etc. have 1 hotkey – T(not K not M not P or some other nonsence).
Such forts abilities as boiling oil – Z hotkey
Poisoned/sharped/black arrows – T
Launch skulls/throw barrels - T
Such abilities that are dealing ranged physical damage(spearthrows, wounding arrow, slamshot, axethrow, thorn of vengeance, haldirs arrow etc.) have W hotkey.
Abilities causing terror(from Shelob, WKs, FBs, Aragorn, Drummer troll, BRs etc.) have W hotkey.
Crippling/stunning abilities like cripple, morgul blades, poisoned stingers etc. have C hotkey.
Gimli/Rogash leaps have C hotkey.
All giving experience abilities have C hotkey.
Lvl 10 badass abilities like word of power, oathbreakers, flood, smash etc. have C hotkey.
Blade master type abilities (for aragorn, glorfindel, azog, rogash, gothmog, gimli slayer etc.) have R hotkey.
Buffing/debuffing abilities (For grima, MoS, dain, morgomir etc.) have R hotkey.
Abilities for escaping/speed increasing/disappearing (for grima, balrogs wings, disguise, elven cloaks, glorfindels norolim-norolim etc.) have T hotkey.
Etc.

Upgrades:
All banners – Z
All forged blades – X
All armours – C
Such upgraides as venom sacks, dire wolves armour, hammers, etc. – V
Arrows/upgrades for sieges - W
Also changed hotkeys for walls extensions and ships etc.

I didn’t change main hotkeys(such as select matching units, choose all, attack move, go to fort etc.) exept these:
Planning mode – ctrl+F8
Delete(buildings/beacons) – TAB
Diplomacy – F10
Scatter - N (I found it better than X considering N is right next to B where you always have your thumb, also i needed X for other stuff)
Choose all heroes - Y instead of O

Download here:
Attached File TaDa_Hotkeys_V7.zip
Size: 282.4k
Number of downloads: 19
Player Name Side Team

Unzip into your game directory, and you will be able to turn TaDa's hotkeys on and off using the new 2.02 Switcher.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by brabox: Sep 30 2017, 15:33 PM

+
# 3Mako Oct 12 2017, 08:59 AM

Hotkey set 2: Mako's Hotkeys (English) - V1

I will use the same scheme of Brabox (that maybe was the one of Tada's) to describe my first Hotkey set.
I made an Excel with VBA script that allow you to insert in cells the letters you want and it will autogenerate 2 file output lotr.str and commandmap.ini

Throught Final.big you can create a englishstrings202_v7.0.2 and place it in your "The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lang" folder.

When you import lotr.str change his path to "data/lotr.str". Instead for commandmap leave it as "commandmap.ini" (so in no folder).
If you aren't good with those things i will give you at the end post the "brabox standard" procedure that won't use the final.big

Here the "software":
Attached File EXCEL_to_SET_HOTKEYS.zip
Size: 1.9mb
Number of downloads: 4
Player Name Side Team

(Excel Required. If you don't trust me, before enable authorization in Excel file, press f11 to see the code.)

Description

I tried to keep all buttons as near as possibile to left hand. I will mention only some general changes because there are a lot of them.
Basically i change main commands (DFG -> ASD, STop Z, DEL-> C, Attack move A -> Q, E/EE -> W/WW, B - > E, CTRL+ B -> SPACE, CTRL 6/7/8/9/0 -> CTRL F1/F2/F3/F4/F5, Team speak ENTER nad globla spak Backspace.
Since that i have had to change abilities and RB/PB hotkeys.
From builder you can build following these Letters
R, A, S, D, F, G, B, N, V, Q, T
Fror abilities i used R,T,F,G,C,V. F is always a formation command (mount/unmount/ porcupine, toggleweapon, shield formation,
R and T are first and second ability.
Purchase upgrades are M,N,B,V, H and J for special upgrade (hammer)
Added such missing hotkeys as throw barrels for bws and catapults, evacuate single unit/horde, detonate mine, launch sculls, builders extinguish fire, cancel wall span etc. Also added missing hotkeys for most of the upgrades.

Structures:
I used
R, A, S, D, F, G, B, N, V, Q, T
Attached Image
Forts extensions:
Attached Image
Forts upgraides:
Attached Image
I used aoe 2 system(A, S, D, Z, X) for units recruiting
Attached Image
Abilities of Units:
Attached Image
Abilities of Heroes:
Attached Image
Technology and Upgrades:
Attached Image
I changed main hotkeys(such as select matching units, choose all, attack move, go to fort etc.)
Attached Image

Download here:
Attached File Mako_Hotkeysv1_V7.zip
Size: 218.79k
Number of downloads: 3
Player Name Side Team

Unzip into your game directory, and you will be able to turn Mako's hotkeys V1 on and off using the new 2.02 Switcher.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by Mako: Oct 12 2017, 20:39 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 4Mr.SmOKing Oct 12 2017, 09:24 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Oct 12 2017, 10:59 AM) *

I will use the same scheme of Brabox (that maybe was the one of Tada's) to describe my first Hotkey set.

Description

I tried to keep all buttons as near as possibile to left hand. I will mention only some general changes because there are a lot of them:

Structures:
Attached Image
Forts extensions:
Attached Image
Forts upgraides:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Abilities of Units:
Attached Image
Abilities of Heroes:
Attached Image
Technology and Upgrades:
Attached Image
I changed main hotkeys(such as select matching units, choose all, attack move, go to fort etc.)
Attached Image

Download here:
-> Not aviable yet <-

Unzip into your game directory, and you will be able to turn Mako's hotkeys V1 on and off using the new 2.02 Switcher.

Good luck!

Good job, Mako!

+
# 5Mr.SmOKing Oct 12 2017, 09:27 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Oct 12 2017, 10:59 AM) *

Description

I tried to keep all buttons as near as possibile to left hand. I will mention only some general changes because there are a lot of them:

Structures:
Attached Image
Forts extensions:
Attached Image
Forts upgraides:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Abilities of Units:
Attached Image
Abilities of Heroes:
Attached Image
Technology and Upgrades:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Download here:
-> Not aviable yet <-

Good luck!

But i dont like what you changed main hotkeys.

+
# 6Mako Oct 12 2017, 09:59 AM
what don't you like?

+
# 7brabox Oct 12 2017, 10:09 AM
Is anyone interested in my hotkey set?

It's rather minimal, I mainly just moved some Angmar hotkeys that were uncomfortable for right-handed people. Also all formation toggles have hotkey "T" instead of "M".

Also I added hotkey C to evacuate only the "first" unit from mine/tunnel/tower.

Preview of changes
(the goofs will be removed)

+
# 8Mr.SmOKing Oct 12 2017, 10:30 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Oct 12 2017, 11:59 AM) *

what don't you like?

Standard is not worse.

+
# 9Mako Oct 12 2017, 11:11 AM
QUOTE(Mr.SmOKing @ Oct 12 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Standard is not worse.

happy.gif Well i don't like Ctrl+6/7/8/9/0. I rather ctrl F1/F2/F3/F4/F5.

Also I abuse of command Q that is bad to play. H (move to home) isn't usefull.
DFG are far from 1,2,3

You didn't tell me what you don't like.

"Host cannot start game because some idiot isn't capable enough to perform a simple left-click.."

LUL brab ^^

+
# 10brabox Oct 12 2017, 11:16 AM
QUOTE(Mako @ Oct 12 2017, 12:11 PM) *

happy.gif Well i don't like Ctrl+6/7/8/9/0. I rather ctrl F1/F2/F3/F4/F5.

Wow you can remap the groups 5-9? That's so tits!

+
# 11Mako Oct 12 2017, 13:58 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Oct 12 2017, 11:16 AM) *

Wow you can remap the groups 5-9? That's so tits!

Yeah. happy.gif

+
# 12brabox Oct 12 2017, 14:00 PM
QUOTE(Mako @ Oct 12 2017, 14:58 PM) *

Yeah. happy.gif

I'd especially like to move 9 and 0.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)