Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Custom Map Issue with origin

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SkatingDanny Sep 19 2014, 09:34 AM
Anyone know why I can't play custom maps? I have the game on origin and apparently that's the problem, so how do I fix it?

+
# 2ToxicShock Sep 19 2014, 15:20 PM
QUOTE(SkatingDanny @ Sep 19 2014, 09:34 AM) *

Anyone know why I can't play custom maps? I have the game on origin and apparently that's the problem, so how do I fix it?

I don't know of any such issue, being an Origin user myself. Maybe somebody else has a problem now. When did you last try?

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Stayer231 Sep 19 2014, 15:25 PM
On the gamespy server you couldn't transfer the custom maps to a origin game of some sort. I think that has something to do with the ultimate edition. However, if you have the map yourself than you can play it. That could be it.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4ToxicShock Sep 19 2014, 15:29 PM
Ah. It's the Ultimate Collection, is it? I found this fix for that; CNC Labs

+
# 5IISpartacus Sep 19 2014, 15:32 PM
Do you have the Origin Ultimate Collection? If so, I believe you need the fixed launchers.

+
# 6cahit1234 Sep 20 2014, 18:08 PM
Oh mate, i have exact solution for your problem. Where do i know cuz i m origin user too and i can play custom maps ^^.So first of all can you try open your game without origin online. I mean turn online origin to offline mode and start the game.And try start multiplayer game in custom map. If it does not work, then search origin custom map issue in google, it will lead you a file which same as regedit file, download it. And double click on that file then you should be done. If it still does not work blame me but i did the same and worked. Don't be sad you'll get your answer. smile.gif

2.Solution :
http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/in...mport-new-maps/ ---This site shows you how change your registry files by yourself without file.

3.Solution :
NEW UPDATE : http://www.cnclabs.com/forums/cnc_postsm12...aspx#post126363 ---In this site you can find CNC Ultimate Collection Custom Maps Registry fix file download it.

http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-co...tion-launchers/ --- Also fixed launchers very useful for UC users

This post has been edited by cahit1234: Sep 20 2014, 18:32 PM

+
# 7cahit1234 Sep 20 2014, 18:35 PM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Sep 19 2014, 15:29 PM) *

Ah. It's the Ultimate Collection, is it? I found this fix for that; CNC Labs

Oh you'r already answered his question. Oops ^^

+
# 8Ballettii Sep 23 2014, 03:22 AM
QUOTE(cahit1234 @ Sep 20 2014, 18:08 PM) *

Oh mate, i have exact solution for your problem. Where do i know cuz i m origin user too and i can play custom maps ^^.So first of all can you try open your game without origin online. I mean turn online origin to offline mode and start the game.And try start multiplayer game in custom map. If it does not work, then search origin custom map issue in google, it will lead you a file which same as regedit file, download it. And double click on that file then you should be done. If it still does not work blame me but i did the same and worked. Don't be sad you'll get your answer. smile.gif
2.Solution :
http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/in...mport-new-maps/ ---This site shows you how change your registry files by yourself without file.

3.Solution :
NEW UPDATE : http://www.cnclabs.com/forums/cnc_postsm12...aspx#post126363 ---In this site you can find CNC Ultimate Collection Custom Maps Registry fix file download it.

http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-co...tion-launchers/ --- Also fixed launchers very useful for UC users

I ran the program form cnc labs that fixes the registry, but it hasnt seemed to add a maps folder in my kanes wrath folder (location im looking in: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Command and Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath) Do i have to ad a maps folder my self?

Game: Grey Goo

+
# 9DarkWarrior Sep 23 2014, 03:55 AM
QUOTE(Ballettii @ Sep 22 2014, 21:22 PM) *

I ran the program form cnc labs that fixes the registry, but it hasnt seemed to add a maps folder in my kanes wrath folder (location im looking in: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Command and Conquer 3 Kanes Wrath) Do i have to ad a maps folder my self?

I have that location too. But I've installed numerous copies of various C&C stuff. Ultimate, Decade and original DL DVD. I have 2 KW folders in 2 different locations. One, the one you mentioned and also DocumentsandSettings (Users/<nick>/DocumentsandSettings/) 2 have maps folder. One in each location. I have both a "Command and Conquer" and a "Command & Conquer" in both locations. Hence 4 game folders. Weird, but the game works. Thats all I care about. ;P

+
# 10cahit1234 Sep 23 2014, 07:37 AM
QUOTE(Ballettii @ Sep 23 2014, 03:22 AM) *

Yea, you have to add maps folder yourself. That registry, fixes only custom maps download issue in multiplayer game. Then try download custom map in game.

QUOTE(DarkWarrior @ Sep 23 2014, 03:55 AM) *

I have that location too. But I've installed numerous copies of various C&C stuff. Ultimate, Decade and original DL DVD. I have 2 KW folders in 2 different locations. One, the one you mentioned and also DocumentsandSettings (Users/<nick>/DocumentsandSettings/) 2 have maps folder. One in each location. I have both a "Command and Conquer" and a "Command & Conquer" in both locations. Hence 4 game folders. Weird, but the game works. Thats all I care about. ;P

Can you play custom maps ?

This post has been merged by djw2104: Sep 25 2014, 14:17 PM

+
# 11Thanatos Sep 24 2014, 04:09 AM
QUOTE(cahit1234 @ Sep 23 2014, 17:37 PM) *

Yea, you have to add maps folder yourself. That registry, fixes only custom maps download issue in multiplayer game. Then try download custom map in game.

I tried transferring a custom map to ballettii and he got to 60% and his game crashed (im his friend)

+
# 12cahit1234 Sep 24 2014, 19:54 PM
QUOTE(DimiteryCNC @ Sep 24 2014, 04:09 AM) *

I tried transferring a custom map to ballettii and he got to 60% and his game crashed (im his friend)

But it does not mean his issue didn't fix, cuz he can download custom map to %60, maybe issue is different, it might be compatibility issue or missing registry issue, try change registry lines manually, and start game while origin is offline mode, he should check if his maps folder in right directory or he created maps folder in right directory. I tried these solutions in win vista 32 bit/ 64bit and win7 32bit/64bit and it all works without problem, try other custom maps like tib garden, if you didnt try. But in my opinion something missing, maybe missing dword key in registry, maybe custommapsregistry executable file installed keys different kane's wrath location in registry. i.e (you have two kane's wrath folder in registry, but one of them is correct folder.)

MORE IMPORTANT : C:/users/user/appdata/roaming/Command&Conquer3 Kane's wrath/Profiles(be sure your main profile while you'r creating your new acc in kw)/Online files. After double click online files, double click config file again, and you'll see " <custom> restricted=1 " if it's "1" try changing "1" to "0" , if its "0" try changing "0" to "1". If you cant find "<custom> restricted bla bla then you'r not in the right profile, if you have more than one profile. If you have one profile then you'll see one profile in your online files. This should be the exact solution of your friend's crash problem. If it isnt, then you can turn your settings to default.

This post has been edited by cahit1234: Sep 24 2014, 20:20 PM

+
# 13mauritiuspilot Jan 26 2019, 21:18 PM
hello.
I have origine.
sometimes I do not have a map and it say the map will be downloaded when the game start. we start the game I see reveiving but it always block on 83 percent
please help.
I have origine ultimate cnc collection
I play kanes wrath on revora
thanks

+
# 14RRcabal Jan 27 2019, 07:52 AM
Why in God’s name would you bump a topic from 5 years ago.

Game: None

+
# 15Zypherbullet Jan 31 2019, 14:08 PM
QUOTE(OneCabal^ @ Jan 27 2019, 09:52 AM) *

Why in God’s name would you bump a topic from 5 years ago.

I think because they have a similar question laugh.gif

Clan: FeaR

+
# 16ToxicShock Jan 31 2019, 14:15 PM
QUOTE(mauritiuspilot @ Jan 26 2019, 21:18 PM) *

hello.
I have origine.
sometimes I do not have a map and it say the map will be downloaded when the game start. we start the game I see reveiving but it always block on 83 percent
please help.
I have origine ultimate cnc collection
I play kanes wrath on revora
thanks

Did you install this C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers? I think there is an issue with a registry entry about where the maps are located, which that fixes.

+
# 17eXs.bikefan May 13 2019, 22:41 PM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Sep 19 2014, 15:32 PM) *

Do you have the Origin Ultimate Collection? If so, I believe you need the fixed launchers.

Bumping the topic for a mate. Just download the stuff from link above Doc.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)