Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Custom Map Sorting Solution

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Danku Nov 16 2020, 04:27 AM
I wanted to draw attention to the fact that you can create sub-folders within your local custom maps folder to help better sort your maps. This became a big issue for myself at one point when trying to search for a single map and having to scan through an unordered list of 100+ other maps before finding it.

Due to the nature of the steam workshop support setup integration with the game you'll notice all the files in the local custom maps folder have unreadable human names like UGC_011000010B927620_000000007E7A354D_MAPDATA which makes going through and sorting them a headache - if you want to go down that path the best way to do it is to check the map name via the .ini files in the folder.

I've put together a zip file that you can use to copy the setup I currently have. Basically extract the zip folder contents into your C:\Users\YourProfileNameHere\Documents\CnCRemastered\Local_Custom_Maps\Tiberian_Dawn directory and you're all set.

If you want to get additional maps added or have any queries feel free to reach out.

How the folders appear in game:
Attached Image

How an opened folder appears:
Attached Image

Hopefully this will be useful to some of you out there who are becoming as frustrated as I was searching through custom maps!

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2-Netput Nov 16 2020, 09:40 AM
oooh that is useful!

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)