Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Dawn of War 3..... Classic RTS or Squad Based?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1WasteMaLife May 3 2016, 15:27 PM
So Dawn of War 3 is back on...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

The big question is.... will this game be classic Dune 2 style base building... or DoW2 style squad based.

Personally I think it would totally suck to have some kind of Starcraft system placing buildings all over the place with macro BS and hords of units smashing into each other like waves..... I want them to keep the squad system where you were free of macro to focus on micro with a ton of abilities and units had actual personality... you cared if they died.

What do you guys want?

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2drake358853 May 3 2016, 15:31 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-insid...iggest-rts-yet/

Apparently it'll be classic RTS. The pics look amazing!

Attached Image

+
# 3WasteMaLife May 3 2016, 15:37 PM
pathetic.... I'm out..l gone from an AUTO buy to "wait for a 5 dollar sale" status...

+
# 4Aki4U May 3 2016, 18:16 PM
it is happening boyz

after all this time

Ihe feelings...

+
# 5Devizz May 3 2016, 19:15 PM
Yessssssssssss.

I actually feel like playing some Dawn of War now. So hyped!

+
# 6NEM_OK May 3 2016, 21:46 PM
Family reunion?

Game: Battlefield 1943

+
# 7Paranoid Kamikaze May 3 2016, 22:02 PM
It's supposed to be a mixture of DoW 1 and 2 from what I can see. If there are buildings, it should never be more important than the actual fighting. Hopefully there are lots of micro options.

+
# 8GuruSkippy May 3 2016, 22:09 PM
akiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!

+
# 9WasteMaLife May 4 2016, 00:28 AM
Made a reaction video.... if you remember me form the days of DoW1 and DoW2 casts then you know what to expect, everyone else can eat a hot dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YMqF-U54o

QUOTE(ParanoidKami @ May 4 2016, 07:02 AM) *

It's supposed to be a mixture of DoW 1 and 2 from what I can see. If there are buildings, it should never be more important than the actual fighting. Hopefully there are lots of micro options.

We can only hope... but all the articles coming out are basically saying the exact opposite.

+
# 10RealityCh3ck May 4 2016, 02:13 AM
Oh how I longed for this day.

What matters to me is that "line units" are not disposable units, and that squad preservation remains a key component to successful gameplay.

I am not particularly fond of the return of base building. However, if it only requires one of each building and not creating multiple copies in an effort to spam units (see point one with Starcraft being an example) I can be on board with it. A lot of players seem to be nostalgic towards base building and maybe this decision will seem more familiar to standard RTS titles, thereby enticing a larger playerbase to try the game.

I am gravely disappointed with the change of cover. I loved the dynamic system of cover that is found in DOW2, where shelter can be sought in craters, or destroyed from a knocked back unit. The idea of having a few circles on the map representing "cover points" where the unit just has to stand in the middle (not huddling beside the structure) seems a little ridiculous to me. This might just be an effect of an alpha screenshot though and it might be improved. Maybe the system works fine and on release I will grow to love it. But on first thoughts I am highly skeptical of this change to cover.

I look forward to seeing some gameplay before I rush to any judgement. For now I have to put faith in RELIC that they will make a good game and that is not hard for me to do. They seem to know how to make games that I like.

+
# 11Paranoid Kamikaze May 4 2016, 04:31 AM
I want my combos from DoW 2. Knockback into grenades into Plasma Dev shots into Orbital Bombardments. I don't mind base building, but I don't want the game dumbed down because of it.

+
# 12Tarik Torgaddon May 4 2016, 05:32 AM
what a time to be alive

+
# 13Stahlsturm May 4 2016, 10:39 AM
I was really happy about this announcement until I saw the Screenshots in the pc gamer article. I think the graphic and the design in total looks horrible. I do not know if this is anyway near the final version, but if it looks even close to this, the game is of no interest to me. Seriously, how can they fail so hard? Dawn of War 1 and 2 looked marvellous for their time - and Dawn of War 3 looks, so far, way worse than even DoW 1.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 14Aki4U May 4 2016, 10:58 AM
QUOTE(GuruSkippy @ May 3 2016, 22:09 PM) *

akiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!

yo mon pote ca fait ultra longtemps smile.gif

+
# 15Paranoid Kamikaze May 4 2016, 18:51 PM
QUOTE(Stahlsturm @ May 4 2016, 03:39 AM) *

I was really happy about this announcement until I saw the Screenshots in the pc gamer article. I think the graphic and the design in total looks horrible. I do not know if this is anyway near the final version, but if it looks even close to this, the game is of no interest to me. Seriously, how can they fail so hard? Dawn of War 1 and 2 looked marvellous for their time - and Dawn of War 3 looks, so far, way worse than even DoW 1.

Those screenshots were taken based off of some unfinished work and the game isn't anywhere near being done to the point where I would judge it. They probably only ever released those for press reasons.

+
# 16Stahlsturm May 4 2016, 19:17 PM
QUOTE(ParanoidKami @ May 4 2016, 20:51 PM) *

Those screenshots were taken based off of some unfinished work and the game isn't anywhere near being done to the point where I would judge it. They probably only ever released those for press reasons.

Well, I dearly hope so smile.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 17koshey May 4 2016, 20:09 PM
Oh, wow. HYYYYPE!
Aww man, I liked squad based approach and cover of dow2. Not a fan of basebuidling either even though I enjoyed both dow 1. I guess Elites are sort of like heroes form dow2? I liked heroes too. Kinda sad about those things going. These barricade/cover spots seem a bit silly. Anyway while I am still hyped i am also a bit worried. I'd love to see a gameplay videos.

+
# 18Paranoid Kamikaze May 4 2016, 20:22 PM
QUOTE(WasteMaLife @ May 3 2016, 17:28 PM) *

Made a reaction video.... if you remember me form the days of DoW1 and DoW2 casts then you know what to expect, everyone else can eat a hot dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YMqF-U54o

I've actually been thinking the exact same thing as you in your video in that the game might have been dumbed down with skill taken away, but I will give Relic the benefit of the doubt and wait until I can actually try it before I judge.

CODE
[youtube]g7YMqF-U54o[/youtube]

+
# 19JamusMcgamuS May 5 2016, 01:56 AM
we live again

+
# 20Killyox May 5 2016, 11:49 AM
Hell, it's about time. Always knew it WILL see the light of day one day.

Long years of waiting are coming to an end.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)