Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Editing Skirmish AI

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Fireslayer Mar 31 2018, 07:42 AM
Hi,

I added new units in my mod and I want the Skirmish AI to use them as well. When I edited the BuildState under SkirmishAI folder RA3 Mod SDK, my game crashes when I start skirmish.

How can I make the AI used my new units.

Any help please...

Thanks...

+
# 2Constable Chris Mar 31 2018, 08:22 AM
Welcome to Gamereplays smile.gif

When it comes to editing the skirmish AI, you should never ever touch the original files, because it will result in a game crash as you can see.

Instead, you need to create everything from scratch. Make copies of the original skirmish AI files and rename them to something else. The original AI personalities will also need to be overwritten, so essentially you will need to create your own Oleg, Moskvin, Zhana... etc

I will send you a PM containing a download link for a file you will need to overwrite the personalities. Basically it will remove all AI personalities, then you can start creating your own.

It can be a lengthy and daunting process sure, but it's the only way this will work.

The files you will need to make copies of and modify are:

AIBuildStateDefinition.xml
BaseAIPersonality.xml
AIPersonalityDefinition.xml

And of course, all the other necessary files needed to make your new personalities work.

These files contain lists of the units that the AI is supposed to build, so just add your new units to that list.

Moreover, you need to add "UnitBuilderStandardCombatUnit="true" under <SkirmishAIInformation> in your unit.xml.

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Mar 31 2018, 08:30 AM

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Fireslayer Mar 31 2018, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the response. One thing's bothering me, the AdditionalMap folder is not compiled when I check my build log. And as a result.my game still crashes...

+
# 4Constable Chris Apr 1 2018, 09:40 AM
Can you send me a screenshot of the MOD SDK you are using? It will really help me determine the right course of action.

+
# 5Fireslayer Apr 1 2018, 13:34 PM
I've downloaded my RA3 Mod SDK from this link:

http://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-3/...ads/ra3-mod-sdk

I attached screenshot of my Mod SDK.

Thanks...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 6Constable Chris Apr 1 2018, 22:59 PM
You need to download the MOD SDK expansion created by Bibber from this website:

https://bibber.eu/

Once you download the ZIP file, unzip everything directly into your MOD SDK folder (merge and replace anything it asks you).

Then when you compile your mod, make sure that all the boxes to the left are ticked. AdditionalMaps should then work and you should no longer see the original AI personalities.

+
# 7Fireslayer Apr 1 2018, 23:59 PM
Unfortunately, the website is down.

Any other alternative??

Thanks...

+
# 8Constable Chris Apr 2 2018, 09:07 AM
It is down temporarily for maintenance. Give it some time and then try again.

+
# 9txc2004 Apr 3 2018, 11:32 AM
Hi to all!

Pls use exactly this versions:

RA3 Mod SDK v3
RA3 WorldBuilder ModSDK v112

As say here and specially give focus for the file paths at number 8:
https://forums.cncnz.com/topic/14299-ra3-mo...pdated-1142017/

Bibber's site is under maintenance too many months now, i don't know maybe he don't want to support it any more, forget it to update or maybe even don't know something happen and not work, if someone know Bibber, is good to talk with him to inform...

You can find the Expansions for RA3 Mod SDK v3 & RA3 WorldBuilder ModSDK v112, here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wmydbki44pl1bh/ra3

Pls download them, because at some time i delete this link...

This post has been edited by txc2004: Apr 5 2018, 08:32 AM

+
# 10Fireslayer Apr 4 2018, 21:52 PM
@txc2004

Thanks for sharing the files. Its working perfectly.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)