Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Eldar AV Options

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1HARRYY Aug 17 2017, 16:31 PM
I think the eldar AV is a bit too weak compared to SM and ORK.
Note: Im talking of a bit too weak , not utterly underpowered, mhkay?

Wraithguard
In short, the problem with WG is theyre clumsy bby design and kinda expensive. Their impact is kinda limited; the expenses are kinda harsh.

ShadowSpectres
- are sometimes really painful to use
- once tracked theyre range is longer, ok
- but their handling is pretty handicapped (for instance when they are targetting the wrong targets in the first place and you need to re-adjust; wind-up).
- get shredded , forced to withdraw kinda early

All in all Eldar AV is hard/tricky/expensive to use against potent opponents, making their natural and micro-heavy play kinda more challenging.

do you agree? if you can make slight adjustments on them what are you going to change?

As a side-note:
TBH I'd have preferreed Brightlances to be in the game biggrin.gif As eldar is kinda micro-intensive it would be such a relief.

This post has been edited by HARRYY: Aug 17 2017, 16:34 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Dullahan Aug 18 2017, 06:51 AM
I think Eldar have the strongest AV by far. In addition to Wraithguard and Shadow Spectres they also have really strong anti-vehicle in T3 with the Fire Prism and Wraithblades which is a bit more straightforward to use. Fire Prism AV is ridiculous and it can one shot almost all the squishy vehicles like skimmers. (especially with upgrades) Wraithblades tear units like Nobs to pieces in no time.

They also have Dark Reapers which can supplement a lot of anti-vehicle, hell against weaker vehicles like the Trukk and Vypers they're more than self-sufficient.

They also have the most flexibility, being able to research Shadow Spectres without teching to T2.

I would really recommend trying out the Shadow Spectre Holo-field doctrine if you're having issues with their fragility. Being able to automatically cloak when their shields go down goes a long way to keeping them alive.

+
# 3HARRYY Aug 18 2017, 08:23 AM
Yeah, noticed the TD of reapers as well, but since most of their dmg comes from splash damage its kinda low vs heavy armored units since they are single entities, thats perfectly fine though !
Fire Prisms are really bugged (no attack groudn dmg) and clumsy to use as well. btw i havent noticed good vehicle dmg but theyre supposed to be artillery anyway

I had most issues playing eldar against vehicles in teamgames and some certain units spams, so I was just obliterated and I felt I'm micro'ing a lot , but still A-move of certain units is stronger.

I'd just have preffered a more 'intuitive' source of AV.
Wraithblades really shred, but they also feel like a 1-trick-pony. I should implement those wraithbblade re-calls more often.

For 1v1 I cannot really judge yet, bbbut regarding the roster I just miss something easy to play, just like a bbrightlance biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by HARRYY: Aug 19 2017, 11:15 AM

+
# 4Thunderhost Aug 19 2017, 07:45 AM
For AV it seems, as with all things eldar, that it comes down to "combined forces". AV needs screening and proper placement much more than SM/Ork in teamgames.
The handling of SS I heartily agree on, they're abit daft at times, which can result in them dying instantly and seemingly they don't use their considerable range unless they've spotted their target individually, which is very annoying.
A problem with AV on the eldar side might be that anything but Reapers cost power.. I'm not as familiar with SM/ork, but they appear to be getting of cheaper in that regard.

Game: None

+
# 5Spirit. Aug 19 2017, 09:27 AM
For las cannons you only need to spend 420 req, and i believe ork tank bustaz cost no power too. Las cannons will get nerfed next patch on 29 august tho.

+
# 6Dullahan Aug 22 2017, 03:37 AM
QUOTE(HARRYY @ Aug 18 2017, 01:23 AM) *

Fire Prisms are really bugged (no attack groudn dmg) and clumsy to use as well. btw i havent noticed good vehicle dmg but theyre supposed to be artillery anyway

They have two guns, one is kind of less obvious. They do like a beam shot that does a ton of AV damage, and then they have the big ground explosion that also does AP damage but is obviously less likely to hit.

I'm not sure if the guns have separate ranges so maybe at max range only the one triggers, I don't use them very often so I haven't tested.

+
# 7Thunderhost Aug 22 2017, 08:39 AM
QUOTE(Dullahan @ Aug 22 2017, 04:37 AM) *

They have two guns, one is kind of less obvious. They do like a beam shot that does a ton of AV damage, and then they have the big ground explosion that also does AP damage but is obviously less likely to hit.

I'm not sure if the guns have separate ranges so maybe at max range only the one triggers, I don't use them very often so I haven't tested.

They both trigger, range isn't a factor.

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)