Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Expert badge idea

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-ExiLe` Jun 12 2019, 17:52 PM
So the expert badge is cool and all but there are a few cons, almost every other player who got this badge lost their ambition to get better or even worse, quit all together. What we rather wanna see is that these players push the skill level, compete against each other and continue to get better right? So my idea is to introduce a gold, silver and bronze badge to boost the competition, short explanation of each badge:

Gold: The warrior badge, the innovators of zh and the very best at this moment, are not afraid of challenging other experts. In fact, can only be obtained by playing challenging other experts and win like 5 or maybe more in a row. Short inactivity or any dodging will lose you this status. Sorta KOTH.

Silver: The standard badge, as is.

Bronze: The legend badge, for the players that were once great but gone inactive for a certain amount of time. Silver can be obtained again by winning 1 expert challenge.

Design could be something like this:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I in the meanwhile, remain to be nuub =)

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2-DoMiNaToR- Jun 12 2019, 18:06 PM
if they changed it then it would likely have to be changed on the whole site affecting all games and i dont think they like the idea of big change around these parts

+
# 3xezon Jun 12 2019, 18:07 PM
I think it is fine as is.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 4-ExiLe` Jun 12 2019, 18:11 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ Jun 12 2019, 19:06 PM) *

if they changed it then it would likely have to be changed on the whole site affecting all games and i dont think they like the idea of big change around these parts

true, then it's too big of a change probably. Maybe a seperate badge would be an idea then.

+
# 5-ExiLe` Jun 12 2019, 18:15 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Jun 12 2019, 19:07 PM) *

I think it is fine as is.

I don't agree, there must be something to compete for of which the meaning is just as significant as the expert badge. I already explained the problem.

+
# 6HaWkY^ Jun 12 2019, 18:27 PM
All the experts deserve their badge, minus dominator #DominatorAlwaysLoses.

Why change a system that doesn’t need changing?

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 7-SeX`iie Jun 12 2019, 19:21 PM
Something to aim for, if you are already expert is a good idea. I dont see a problem why there shouldnt be another badge with strict rules to achieve the badge.

+
# 8JarmenElectra Jun 12 2019, 19:26 PM
i think something like this is a good idea. If not what you said then how about a king of the hill like you guys had going for a while but only open to experts and whoever currently holds it gets a special badge or ribbon? Surely they can still add things like badges to this site, or even repurpose an old unused badge/ribbon. What would be cool as well is if the kings name appeared a different colour from everyone else in the lobby

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: Jun 12 2019, 19:29 PM

+
# 9Leikeze Jun 12 2019, 22:21 PM
There is no need for a change to the expert system.

The reason experts leave is because they are rarely given the badge before the end of their career.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 10-ExiLe` Jun 12 2019, 22:45 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Jun 12 2019, 19:27 PM) *

All the experts deserve their badge, minus dominator #DominatorAlwaysLoses.

Why change a system that doesn’t need changing?

I'm not saying anyone doesn't, my idea is just that there is still something to achieve after you got it. Like something that motivates one to keep improving. Could be a seperate/new badge aswell. Wouldn't you want an extra super expert badge?

+
# 11-SeX`iie Jun 12 2019, 23:06 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jun 12 2019, 22:21 PM) *

There is no need for a change to the expert system.

The reason experts leave is because they are rarely given the badge before the end of their career.

No, I lost interested in zh because there is nothing for me left after I got the badge. I never was interested in winning money. Whats wrong with a new badge. I need an incentive. There is nothing to lose with a new badge, you can only profit from it.
I mean there is literally a new badge for every few months you belong to the staff. Why being so restrictive now when there isnt anything to lose.
edit: Here I was motivated bo 13 vs scuba. Easy bash with superior micro, macro and gameknowledge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBw7UX1fKEg

This post has been edited by -SeX`iie: Jun 12 2019, 23:13 PM

+
# 12Leikeze Jun 12 2019, 23:12 PM
This stems from a misunderstanding of what the badge represents.

+
# 13-SeX`iie Jun 12 2019, 23:15 PM
No, I was around when the expert system came out. I know better. The badge was made to honor some1 skills. The highlight of replays was a sideeffect.
But this shouldnt play a role anyways. Its a good enough reason if a new badge motivates players when there isnt anything to lose.

+
# 14Leikeze Jun 12 2019, 23:26 PM
No, you are wrong. I stated what the person who created it said it was. I KNOW BETTER.

It is an honor granted to those who have shown exceptional skill, not the best skill ever, so their replays are highlighted to guide others on which replays to watch and who to listen to for advice.

If it were really all about skill, I'd request taking away your badge along with every other inactive or otherwise skill-depleted nub who still pounds his proud chest here while not owning everybody in the lobby.

+
# 15-SeX`iie Jun 12 2019, 23:40 PM
No, you are still wrong. The badge honors skill for ist main reason. But as I already said this doesnt matter anyways.
In which way does the purpose of the orginal expert badge effect the making of a new badge if the game we love only benefits from it?
Whats the big issue in making a new badge?

+
# 16Leikeze Jun 12 2019, 23:49 PM
You are still German.

I don't care if there is a new badge, I just don't see a good reason to change it from what we've got now.

+
# 17scuba Jun 13 2019, 02:01 AM
QUOTE(-SeX`iie @ Jun 13 2019, 00:06 AM) *

No, I lost interested in zh because there is nothing for me left after I got the badge. I never was interested in winning money. Whats wrong with a new badge. I need an incentive. There is nothing to lose with a new badge, you can only profit from it.
I mean there is literally a new badge for every few months you belong to the staff. Why being so restrictive now when there isnt anything to lose.
edit: Here I was motivated bo 13 vs scuba. Easy bash with superior micro, macro and gameknowledge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBw7UX1fKEg

😂

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 18HaWkY^ Jun 13 2019, 06:20 AM
Now now girls. Calm down.

#DominatorAlwaysLoses

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 19He1SenBerG Jun 13 2019, 09:57 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jun 12 2019, 23:49 PM) *

You are still German.

wha?

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 20cncHD Jun 13 2019, 10:53 AM
I think its time to get the creator of the expert system in here: Methuselah biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)