Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Extra 1v1 Maps for TW Competitive

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1TRIberiumX Jul 4 2020, 06:19 AM
Hi all, over the past 2 months I have been doing a little project for this hobby of mine, which is to create playable maps for 1v1 and 2v2 scenarios in either TW or KW platforms.

Based on my interpretation of how to diversify playstyles in 1v1/2v2 scenarios, and from my experience of playing both TW and KW pretty actively back then (and currently as well), I have finished a series of maps that hopefully would be fun to play in that offers a variety of openings or progressions into the mid/late game for various faction combinations.

I would first like to thank Luvaskot and Shocktreatment for taking the time to help me play-test the maps for further fine-tuning, and providing valuable advice on map crafting both in terms of strategy, play-linearity, world-building techniques and so forth.

Today I would like to tease these maps with in-game snapshots of the map profile, which map files I will upload a little later this weekend.

Update: Here are the 1.09 Maps and the included Map List Text File.
(Note: This is the 3rd Upload: Aquatic Cave, Tesselation & Deserted Outskirts have been updated. Please download the below most-updated file versions and overwrite the folders in your AppData map storage cache)
Attached File More1_09TWMaps.rar
Size: 10.76mb
Number of downloads: 27

Enjoy~

=====
{{ 1v1 Maps }}

Aquatic Cave
Attached Image
Somewhere under the ocean in a damp cavern a battle rages as GDI and NOD try to seek out the alien life-form and to exterminate the threat or harness the alien technology. Aquatic Cave provides such a setting where players start out with a small blue field, from which they will have to expand to open and exposed natural fields as the game progresses. This allows players to gain ground control at the expense of being attacked early while expanding. Alternatively, players can rely on the green field growing at the back of the base towards the mid game if they wish to bunker down at their starting locations for a while longer.

Attached Image
An expansion point to the top/bottom corners of the map gives players the chance to establish a 2nd base to launch their attacks from, should the defensive turrets at the center gets commandeered by the other player.

Desolate Hills
Attached Image
Players start with 2 small starting fields and 2 relatively safe but exposed capturable spikes. Depending on the choice of base crawling, the player will focus on a more laid-back or aggressive line-up. This gives a mix of Tournament Tower and Tournament Rift expansion styles, and modifies how the blue fields will be contested.

The valley in the center of the map not only splits direct access to the starting base, giving some extent of natural terrain protection but can also be used as a route to flank and cut off reinforcing enemy forces should they try to stream in units while on aggression.

The large field at the rear provides a back-up plan should the main base come under serious fire, allowing for players to regroup and reorganize in the corner. However, they will be faced with threats coming from all directions.

Infested Desert
Attached Image
Inspired by Barstow Badlands and suggested by Luvaskot, Infested Desert is created where a Tiberium infestation contaminates the center of the map from the top edge to the bottom. These fields are small and sparse, but will crowd the middle over time should they not be harvested. The top of the map hosts a large semi-circular field while the bottom of the map draws similarities to Barstow Badlands where a stretch of Tiberium fields grows along the edge.

A capturable spike lies to the north of players' starting positions which can be captured without problems, but will be left unchecked and undefended. Players will have to expand beyond their safe starting field which is protected by a tall hill, but they can choose to expand upwards or downwards by base-crawl. This leaves potentially diverse offense-defense strategies.

Tiberium Desert
Attached Image
The original map where Infested Desert was born from, the center of the map is not littered by Tiberium and an expansion point is housed near the top field.

Tesselation
Attached Image
A close quarters cityscape map where players start out with an exposed field and an isolated spike behind their base. The short distance between players' bases allow for quick aggression, which players have to consider when they choose to harvest the expansion fields since the distance to the expansions is slightly further than normal, requiring an MCV move or crane build.

Players can either expand to the rear field which is far from the enemy base and tucked nicely in the corner, or move to the forward field where they may have to engage in a battle with the enemy forces should the enemy expand the same way.

Camping with base defenses at the forward expansion is made less effective with the restriction of structure placement on the coloured glass panels on the ground along the middle of the map. This means that your MCV cannot be deployed while it is on the glass as well, which can leave it vulnerable to being sniped while packed.

Tournament Beach
Attached Image
This is another close quarter type map where instead of an exposed Tiberium field, the player's MCV itself is exposed!
Starting out with a capturable spike, a standard green field and a corner blue field (fully grown) each, players are left with a plethora of options to start out the game.

One can do an eco-heavy build and claim the blue early, or simply do the standard of harvesting the green and going on the aggression early to gain ground control of the middle and pressure the opponent's MCV. The relatively close and almost equidistant expansion green fields mean players can expand in either direction (or both!) by creeping over a couple of refinaries. This opens various possibilities of how territorial control and aggression may be played out over the course of different matches.

Uneven Inconveniences
Attached Image
Uneven Inconveniences is a remodel of Tournament Crevice (see below) where the natural field expansions in the middle are standard green fields and the ridge blocks off direct access between the fields. Since the expansions are pretty much equally 'favourable' in terms of time and resource cost to expand to for either player, different scenarios can play out when players expand to the same or different fields.

Attached Image
If the battle is not decided in the mid game, players may further utilize the third field which is found to the sides of the map and granted some protection with the natural terrain. The spike which will be captured by respective players in the early game would then either be more safely guarded or under the threat of switching sides depending on who secures the third field.

Tiber Hedge
Attached Image
Both players start out on the left corners of the map behind an exposed field and a capturable spike each. The center is split by a large green field and two initially dry blue fields, one each on the left and right sides of the map.

This map has plenty of open space for movement, opening plenty of opportunities for harrassment and aggression. With the exception of the right corners of the map, a safe expansion field gives players the chance to recuperate in a highly defendable and choked position. Alternatively it could be used as a hidden expansion point for opponents to infiltrate the player from the rear.

Tournament Crevice
Attached Image
The parent of Uneven Inconveniences, Tournament Crevice sports a ridge in the center of the map which divides the left and right sides with the exception of a small choke point in the center which provides a route connecting the left and right large fields.

Players are encouraged to expand to the left (bottom player) and right (top player) respectively simply from the harvesting distance from the main/middle field to the blue field. Thus expect map control to be split in the center for respective players. However, it is also possible for players to expand to the natural on the left/right of the base and contest the same middle field if such a scenario arises.

In a revised version of Tournament Crevice, the Blue Tiberium field starts off dry. This may modify the expansion field choice.

Tournament Overgrowth
Attached Image
Overgrowth is a map built with an unconventional terrain design that acts as a double-edge sword for aggressors and defenders. Chokepoints are easier to defend with static defenses, as incorporating a mobile army as a defensive measure would see inefficiency of maneuvering units from one base location to another.

Players may expand early to the field at the corners of the map, from which they can place pressure on the opponent's expansion should they go for the near natural field. This opens up the opportunity for a divide-and-conquer scenario where the starting base can become exposed for heavy infrastructure damage.

The natural (also center) fields are rather exposed but they grow the most quickly so in the late game one will likely see a congregation of infrastructure and forces to defend the middle.

Lockdown Hour
Attached Image
Initially built for Kane's Wrath, Lockdown Hour is a large 1v1 map comparable to Tournament Coastline with mixed in elements of Red Alert 2 map designs. Startig Tiberium fields are quite defendable but expansions become gradually more exposed and vulnerable as the game progresses. Gaining ground control at the center will put players at an advantage of being able to hold the ground and fend off against players who are stuck behind the protective terrain, hence expect players to heavily contest the exposed city center and guard their expansion fields.

The main feature of this map is the two highways at the sides of the map which like Tournament Tower, allows players to sneak units along the side to harrass the natural field of their opponents, or to destroy infrastructure in their starting location. This can also be used as a deployment ground for artillery or safeguarding critical structures due to the choke nature of the highways.

Tournament City
Attached Image
Tournament City is inspired by Tournament Decision and Smashed Town USA, where there are only 4 Large Tiberium fields on the map and a blue field at the center which starts dry. The fields are exposed and the middle is open allowing for large engagements. The heavily damaged center of the city leaves an uneven terrain and near-destroyed buildings which may inconvenience troops as they try to navigate the area.

Tournament Evacuation
Attached Image
One of the more unique maps I have designed is Evacuation, which is meant to introduce multiple playstyles (hopefully) and encourage the use of the Subway station. Players start off on the left/right sides of the map on a platform with a standard green field. This is an extremely safe field since base access are on the top and bottom corners of the platform away from the field. There is however a third point of entry which is fenced off at first. Players can destroy the fencing to open up routing access permanently which provide opportunities for infiltration or increasing troop mobility.

Depending on structure placement, players can base creep to the bottom or top natural field (The bottom is easier). The asymmetry of the natural fields can be seen by the relative distance to the mirrored field. The bottom field is further and thus provides players with more time to react, but they are vulnerable to a wide concave attack. The top field is highly defendable since it is located on a platform, but harvesters will become vulnerable as time goes on as the enemy can attack from the other side of the platform. It also provides some extent of base defense denial of harvesting on these fields.

Additional fields can be further found at the top of the map which players can rely on if they are getting overrun at the top natural. It can also be an encampment to give opponents a surprise flank attack.

Shoutout to Divock/AdamLallana for suggesting the expansion point on the bottom helipad platforms to make that space more useful. It has been positioned such that it opens opportunities for plopping down base defenses to harrass the economy.

Tournament Observatory
Attached Image
Finally we have Tournament Observatory, which was also initially designed for Kane's Wrath, inspired from Tournament Odyssey and Tournament Stadium. Each player is granted two capturable safe spikes and a sparsely distributed standard green field which they can utilize at the start.

As players expand, they get progressively closer to the middle blue field which is blocked off to infantry with concrete barriers. The concrete barriers can be knocked down by tanks and harvesters which opens up the path to infantry, bikes and buggies. Due to the close proximity of the expansion to the blue field, contesting for blue Tiberium will be expected as the extra income will certainly benefit the player who can secure it.

In the corner of the map is an EMP spike which players can secure and surprise the enemy with an EMP blast. It's relatively isolated position makes it worth the capture. Should the enemy try to destroy this tech structure, they will have to pull away their units from the main site of battle, which also leaves the base open to be destroyed.

Deserted Outskirts
Attached Image
Before I forget, I would also like to include Luvaskot's Deserted Outskirts. This is a map which layout and design is done by Luvaskot, and given that I had some time I helped out to complete the map he was working on, and to touch up some textures.

Similar to Downtown Battlezone, Deserted Outskirts features plenty of Tiberium field patches which players can expand to. The mobility of expansions make multi-mcv threats less significant in determining the outcome of the match should two players contest the same field. Unlike Downtown Battlezone, the expansion fields are very exposed, with the exception of the 3 fields close to/in the center of the town.

Growing in the corners of the map are blue fields which players may rely on later into the game. Having an economic outpost at one or more of these fields will allow players to silently build their economy and support arms production at the frontlines.

Attached Image
The central field starts empty, but expect more action to focus at the center as the match approaches the late game when Tiberium in all the other fields are harvested dry. The presence of multiple garrisonables make this location a relatively defendable point, where infantry and anti-garrisons will play an important role.

=====

{{ 2v2 Maps }}

Tournament Containment
Attached Image
Having seen how maps like Redzone Rampage and Backwater Brawl really favour base crawl strategies, I decided to make a 2v2 map with an open space for maneuvouring units while also reducing the effectiveness of base crawl spams. Each player can easily expand to their natural by base creeping down the platform. However as the game progresses to the late game, they will need to move their MCV or expand with an outpost to secure the middle of the map.

This map can actually be played Top-vs-Bottom or Left-vs-Right, but the play dynamics will change depending on the team spawns. In the Top-vs-Bottom case, each team has a safe blue field and 1 spike per player to safely secure. In the Left-vs-Right case, if players are up for some spicy action, they will have to defend their engineer to cap their spike and even contest for the blue field.

Though I believe it is more likely the map will be played Top-vs-Bottom, simply from the close proximity of the left and right spawns which mean shadow teams are overly effective in the early game on this map.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Everest Landing
Attached Image
It is possible to make snow maps in TW using TW-only textures if you know how to texture it well enough, and Everest Landing is the result. This 2v2 map is a challenge to myself to make a snow map, and it features team mates spawning on the same side of the map. One player starts with an exposed field while the other has access to the safe field. Two spikes are available for capture per team, and they may also capture the mutant hovel should they need extra anti-infantry, anti-air or anti-scout firepower.

The relatively far distance to the team's expansion means one player will have to take the responsibility and move to the forward fields. The other team member can sit in and even long distance harvest the blue field at the top/bottom centers of the map as it grows slowly over time.

As the central field becomes increasingly infested, players will want to secure the middle and hoard these resources, so expect constant battles and lots of flanking action as each team attempts to win over ground control and resources.

Attached Image
Attached Image

=====

That is all for the maps I would like to showcase.
I will be releasing the 1.09 version maps in a day or two.

If you would like to play some games on these maps I will be more than happy to provide some matches.
You can find me on discord @ TriberiumX#0156

For further discussion on the maps and designs, I'd be glad to discuss and see what other alternatives or better/interesting designs can be implemented. smile.gif

This post has been edited by TRIberiumX: Jul 12 2020, 10:45 AM

Game: None

+
# 2Claymore92 Jul 4 2020, 10:17 AM
I am donating 40 USD for a bikefan vs see#sea showmatch on these maps. Best of 9. This is serious onche. Do not report again.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Jul 4 2020, 10:27 AM

+
# 3Luvaskot Jul 4 2020, 10:48 AM
In a short time you did a pretty good work. Thanks for your efforts.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4Claymore92 Jul 5 2020, 09:38 AM
I'd like to try these maps but in Kane's Wrath. You'd have to add the neutral objects like Spikes from within Kane's Wrath Worldbuilder since the ones added with TW worldbuilder do not show up in-game in Kane's Wrath.

+
# 5TRIberiumX Jul 5 2020, 11:00 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jul 5 2020, 17:38 PM) *

I'd like to try these maps but in Kane's Wrath. You'd have to add the neutral objects like Spikes from within Kane's Wrath Worldbuilder since the ones added with TW worldbuilder do not show up in-game in Kane's Wrath.

I also have KW versions of these maps, main differences are the field properties.
Will do an upload in KW section correspondingly and add the link here.

KW-Version:
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...owtopic=1040020

This post has been edited by TRIberiumX: Jul 5 2020, 12:04 PM

+
# 6Claymore92 Jul 5 2020, 16:13 PM
I'll install them right now. In case you see this immediately, come to KW. I am online. Online ID eXs.bikefan.

EDIT: The KW maps do not work. I get an error message. Says .rar file is either unknown or damaged format. Do not know about the TW ones as I did not download them.

This post has been edited by Claymore92: Jul 5 2020, 16:17 PM

+
# 7eXs.bLoOd Jul 6 2020, 06:49 AM
eXs.bikefan

trololololo

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 8TRIberiumX Jul 6 2020, 08:49 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jul 6 2020, 00:13 AM) *

I'll install them right now. In case you see this immediately, come to KW. I am online. Online ID eXs.bikefan.

EDIT: The KW maps do not work. I get an error message. Says .rar file is either unknown or damaged format. Do not know about the TW ones as I did not download them.

Hey, I have tested downloading the files myself for both TW and KW uploads and they are working fine.
You may want to check your download again. In any case, I have also uploaded a .zip compressed version in case that is more stable. I recommend using 7zip file manager to extract the contents.

Let me know if there are still problems.
If you have discord you can add me and message me there, as I am unable to access GR to reply with my account while on mobile.

Anyone else who also have issues with downloading and extracting the compressed file, please let me know too, Thanks!

This post has been edited by TRIberiumX: Jul 6 2020, 14:30 PM

+
# 9Claymore92 Jul 7 2020, 21:04 PM
The .zip files work. I'm a bit busy these days but I hope to try the maps out with you on the weekend.

+
# 10shocktapus Jul 7 2020, 22:57 PM
The maps are great. Shame you didn't make a snow map for 1v1. I've always wanted a good 1v1 snow map.

I would like to do a tournament on these maps at some point.

+
# 11TRIberiumX Jul 8 2020, 02:09 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jul 8 2020, 05:04 AM) *

The .zip files work. I'm a bit busy these days but I hope to try the maps out with you on the weekend.

Sure, I will be on and more active during the weekends as well.

QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jul 8 2020, 06:57 AM) *

The maps are great. Shame you didn't make a snow map for 1v1. I've always wanted a good 1v1 snow map.

Maybe some time in the future haha. I'm letting my brain juices take a break from map making for now.
But I have an idea of incorporating destructible gates and destructible tiberium towers to make the next map more dynamic and interesting.

QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jul 8 2020, 06:57 AM) *

I would like to do a tournament on these maps at some point.

Sounds like a cool idea. Can probably do like a pre-tournament game rally for several weeks for players to get familiar with the maps before hosting a 1.09 new maps tourney if the feedback on the maps are good enough (can probably include the maps that were officially announced last year too). I don't mind sponsoring up to 50USD from my paypal if there's sufficient interest in this.

This post has been edited by TRIberiumX: Jul 8 2020, 03:05 AM

+
# 12Claymore92 Jul 8 2020, 14:19 PM
Do you use Steam TRIberium and if so, do you mind adding me? I'd send you link to my account. I see you're online in KW at the time of me posting this and I happen to have some free time + my desire for KW is high.

However, I don't use Discord and it's hard to arrange games without some kind of Instant message service.

+
# 13TRIberiumX Jul 8 2020, 15:30 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jul 8 2020, 22:19 PM) *

Do you use Steam TRIberium and if so, do you mind adding me? I'd send you link to my account. I see you're online in KW at the time of me posting this and I happen to have some free time + my desire for KW is high.

However, I don't use Discord and it's hard to arrange games without some kind of Instant message service.

Yes I use Steam, you can let me know what your user ID is.
Not sure if I have you in my Steam yet (Because apparently I have added Dimi as friend there).

+
# 14shocktapus Jul 8 2020, 16:33 PM
QUOTE(TRIberiumX @ Jul 8 2020, 03:09 AM) *

Sounds like a cool idea. Can probably do like a pre-tournament game rally for several weeks for players to get familiar with the maps before hosting a 1.09 new maps tourney if the feedback on the maps are good enough (can probably include the maps that were officially announced last year too). I don't mind sponsoring up to 50USD from my paypal if there's sufficient interest in this.

I was hoping some time next month at a time that would be friendly for you (so possibly on a Saturday at roughly 12 noon GMT). Was also going to make it random only so we can actually see some interesting strategies on the maps rather than nod only.

+
# 15TRIberiumX Jul 9 2020, 02:25 AM
QUOTE(shocktapus @ Jul 9 2020, 00:33 AM) *

I was hoping some time next month at a time that would be friendly for you (so possibly on a Saturday at roughly 12 noon GMT). Was also going to make it random only so we can actually see some interesting strategies on the maps rather than nod only.

Yeap sure, we can also have a friendly random-only new-maps showmatch between ourselves.
Since there's 15 1v1 maps here, and 12 1v1 maps from the one released last year... might be too much for 1 day... Could do multiple sessions or something.

Any time you want to do random games on the new maps just message me on discord, I'm good with that too.

Saturday, Sunday GMT+0:12pm is a good time for me until GMT+0:4pm.

+
# 16Claymore92 Jul 9 2020, 12:33 PM
I should be available for some games in an hour from now on. Hope to see you on TRIberium.

+
# 17nextonline Jul 11 2020, 15:18 PM
Very nice work.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 18Claymore92 Jul 11 2020, 17:09 PM
I've tried to play Tournament Overgrowth in KW but it won't transfer. In case you want to fix that, you need to reduce the size of the mapname_art.tga file for each map to about 110 KB. The larger the mapname_art.tga file the likelier it is that map won't transfer (transfer screen just freezes). I think it has to do with the upload speed of the user since some can transfer maps whereas others can't, but ultimately it depends on the size of mapname_art.tga file.

+
# 19R1LDCOM Jul 21 2020, 13:50 PM
Your a Legend these look mad!! I'd be down to play these with anyone!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)