Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Favorite things in Patch 1.09

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Val` May 20 2017, 03:10 AM
Hey guys, I havent had that much of an opportunity to play since launch, so I'd love to hear how you guys are going with the patch, what your favorite stuff is and all that. Is it visual related, sounds, or simply balance(such as attack trolls etc). Or perhaps its new maps. Ive seen tonnes of videos on youtube it went viral on there, lots of nice warm welcoming on the patch. But havent had a great deal of game time on gameranger or t3a.

So, if y'all could share your thoughts thatd be great. Detailed responses welcome! I am particularly interested in stuff about the new sounds, and some of the big visuals like sunflare and stuff

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Val`: May 20 2017, 03:22 AM

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2Val` May 20 2017, 04:47 AM
Ill go first coz im not bias w00t.gif

Gandy model n spells, flood, silverthorn, fort floors, map reskins, all the sounds, n forts showing unique healing when u get the fort upgrades. Thats my little favorite list smile.gif

+
# 3SeñorEcthelion May 20 2017, 05:46 AM
Summoned tower, fortress upgrades, tooltips, goblin and spider rider nerfs, mordor nerfs, elf units general buff, bug fixes, dwarf late-game revision, undermine, aragorn, balance, tower guards, hero spam nerf in general, balance once again, the new 1v1 maps, reskins, replay language compatibility . =D

Things i hate? Gandalf, Elrond, Shelob, Saruman lvl 10, Mountain Giants and Val's goblins.

+
# 4Fitton May 20 2017, 10:23 AM
I like many things but right now, Elrond, he's a fucking boss!

+
# 5THE GLUTEMASTER May 20 2017, 10:32 AM
My top 10 (11) favorites

1. Hobbit summon: The music, summon fx, their abilities and the fact that they can be pretty 'op' if used right.

2. Bug fixes and balance changes - expecially the mine bug fix and that Isen can deal with gobs and mordor.

3. Gloin shatter hammer - sound, fx, and it's 'op'.

4. Trools

5. Sunflare

6. Every design changes expecially Gloin and King Dain.

7. Undermine

8. Grond: The intro music and because it's op as fuck.

9. Gandy and Saru level 10 Spells.

10. WK, Mordor walls and Muma haradrim horn (not a 1.09 original thing tho).

11. Andy playing 1.09 and rotwk players 'hating' on him.

Top 2 least favorites

1. Dragon strike, awesome fx, but the overall use of it makes it the least good 25 power. But as Randy said: real pros use it vs army and cripple Gimli lol.

2. Muma weak vs orc archers? Plz explain Bunito? biggrin.gif

+
# 6Maru May 20 2017, 11:09 AM
Graphics, graphics and more graphics. Can't speak for balance as I haven't played yet, but did I mention the graphics yet?

+
# 7Blinky May 20 2017, 12:59 PM
Best thing about 1.09? Simply that i'm playing it.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 8RanDoM'L0L May 20 2017, 14:09 PM
Early games matter a bit less thanks to less cash from creeps so games get into modgame more often.
Lancers give me a hard on, just like nerfed spiderriders. Shelob is amazing as well.

Overall im in love with the balance and the graphics are nice as well even tho they can be a bit overwhelming at times.

+
# 9Val` May 21 2017, 07:46 AM
Noone said flood post-13661-1143531603.gif

Dragon Strike damage was nerfed to buildings because I gave its movement speed a huge increase for the purposes of killing armies. It does more damage to heroes than any other spell, and its total damage to a base is not that different to earthquake. So, now you have dual purpose, definitely not the weakest T4.

+
# 10RanDoM'L0L May 21 2017, 08:09 AM
Frying gimli with DS is satisfying AF.

So far I got rekt by flood. Been using it on heroes and the animation fucked me up big time as they dodged almost always xD

+
# 11SeñorEcthelion May 21 2017, 08:14 AM
QUOTE(Val` @ May 21 2017, 04:46 AM) *

Noone said flood post-13661-1143531603.gif

Dragon Strike damage was nerfed to buildings because I gave its movement speed a huge increase for the purposes of killing armies. It does more damage to heroes than any other spell, and its total damage to a base is not that different to earthquake. So, now you have dual purpose, definitely not the weakest T4.

Flood rapes army too (although not heroes), buildings and doesn't damage allies.
Earthquakes is easy to cast, it is instant, and deals even more damage than flood on buildings. Since it doesn't rlly damage units u can use it under ur own troops while taking a fortress.
And Dragon Strike is definetively the worst T4 spell
*Damages allies (one-hits your own heros aswell) This implies you can't use it while attacking, unlike Flood, EQ, Sunflare, Spire of Mordor. (which btw are instant powers). Damages a lot less than EQ and it's not even a good radial damage. It's a line that follows no intelligible pattern.
*Takes variuos seconds, and is map position related. (as closer to the border, faster will arrive).
-It would be a fine power if Isengard had Cloudbreak. Notice it is not even useful vs dwarf, only against crippled heros.

+
# 12QuikSilwer May 21 2017, 08:19 AM
Two words: Mordor trolls.

But I'm still disappointed that you didn't include that 1.00/1.06 eating virus into the patchswitcher as I advised many times.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 13RanDoM'L0L May 21 2017, 08:21 AM
Its a doable combo with devastation next to the edge of the map...then again youre tied to two cooldowns.

+
# 14Val` May 21 2017, 08:35 AM
Meh EQ is the worst, you exxagerate a tad Ech. Obviously the owner of the spell knows in advance you can move your own units..You can catch people off guard, couldnt do that in 1.08..And Yes DS follows no logical path, meaning, it can either do more damage then EQ or less, and theres no way to make its total damage the same every single cast because of its unreliable movement parameters. But, I am glad I was able to greatly decrease its chances of being stuck and the potential of wiping out enemy armies

Back to the point of the thread, I forgot Eagles and Web Of Ungoliant w00t.gif

+
# 15QuikSilwer May 21 2017, 09:53 AM
QUOTE(Val` @ May 21 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Back to the point of the thread, I forgot Eagles and Web Of Ungoliant w00t.gif

That sticky thing that comes outta Shelob's butt, is it just swag or it actually does smth?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 16RanDoM'L0L May 21 2017, 10:43 AM
It spell lifesteals, right?

+
# 17Val` May 21 2017, 11:30 AM
It will kill infantry and cav in a large radius, and lock heroes in place for a short time(not 5 hours like lurtz), and it also has lifesteal which will regenerate a huge part of her health. Damage to heroes in basically zero, just stops movement

+
# 18Fitton May 21 2017, 11:51 AM
That's pretty cool.

I also like Arwen destroying Nazguls with her flood.

+
# 19RanDoM'L0L May 21 2017, 12:27 PM
Not sure if frying gymli with DS or killing 3 nazes and MoS with large flood feels better lmao.

+
# 20makacik May 22 2017, 00:15 AM
Things i hate - I didnt even realize it for some time and i am sure some other people too and they maybe still dont know it, but farisght have more sounds and one of these sounds is almost similiar to palantir. That sound is also on isengards fort for some reason.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)