Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Future of Kane's?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1A.Productions YT Jun 20 2020, 16:59 PM
Now that most people are focused on the remasters, what's the future of Kane's Wrath? I have personally enjoyed the game a lot, and I would like to host tournaments in the future and other potential events like special gamemodes. Will anyone still be playing this after the hype of the remasters have died down a bit?

Clan: Cant win

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Luvaskot Jun 20 2020, 21:23 PM
Hype of remasters will not be dead, TS and RA2 remasters are going to be announced before it.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3Leikeze Jun 20 2020, 21:44 PM
QUOTE(Luvaskot @ Jun 20 2020, 17:23 PM) *

Hype of remasters will not be dead, TS and RA2 remasters are going to be announced before it.

This does look like it may be the case, which is a good thing (who wouldn't want to see TS Remastered? drol.gif).

In any case, nothing stops you from trying to run events for KW. If a game has a community and you want to tap into it for an event, you just have to try to see who's interested.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4RRcabal Jun 21 2020, 01:09 AM
The golden years of KW are behind us, I still remember the days when this game was super popular in the RTS world, I myself was late to this year due to me not having a proper PC to play KW on, when I got it, (which was about 2011, when I joined the KW staff) the game was still going strong, after about 2016 is when things got slow, pro's were retiring, good games were hard to come by, and players were finding other games to play (like me playing Overwatch).

The point I'm trying to make here is the future of Kane's Wrath are behind us, and what fans want is a remaster of all the C&C games, with TS and RA1 finally out, and with the positive feedback from fans, and EA, plus the developers making patch notes and caring about what fans say, with good fortune, I can see all the games remastered in the coming future.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 5Thanatos Jun 21 2020, 03:02 AM
remaster is already dead so kw is not going anywhere, just a bit harder to get pro 1v1s these days

+
# 6Claymore92 Jun 21 2020, 11:48 AM
QUOTE(RRcabal @ Jun 21 2020, 01:09 AM) *

...I can see all the games remastered in the coming future.

I do not see them remastering any C&Cs after RA 2. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Vessella wrote in his very first post on reddit that they were considering remastering classic C&C games. As far as I know, classic C&Cs are the ones made by Westwood and they end with RA 2.

+
# 7A.Productions YT Jun 21 2020, 15:58 PM
Then what would ppl like to see from KW in the future? I would definately help plan for events and btw it doesn't just have to be a normal pvp tournament.

+
# 8Claymore92 Jun 21 2020, 20:30 PM
QUOTE(Thanatos @ Jun 21 2020, 03:02 AM) *

remaster is already dead so kw is not going anywhere, just a bit harder to get pro 1v1s these days

Calling them dead is exaggerated. So many guys are streaming multiplayer and view count exceeds the KW standard. Bike has 300+ viewers now whereas he was reaching only 70 when streaming KW.

Issue is we can't (at least not yet) attract the competitive players to use GameReplays.

+
# 9eXs.bLoOd Jun 22 2020, 05:54 AM
The Remastered series has a huge problem. It is not competitively playable. Even with symmetrical maps .. there are too many mechanics that make the game useless (due to the age).

The problem with Kanes Wrath then started when the community became extremely disputed.
I think many things didn't go as expected from all sides. That's why many good players have turned their backs on Kanes Wrath (since 2015). The fact that cncnet has more players in much older games (still more than Kanes Wrath after the release of Remastered) shows that it is not "normal" (Kanes Wrath had a huge Playerbase!).

I think a lot of people know what went wrong. But I don't think it's too late (at least to keep the current number of players).

Slowly, all disputed parties should work together.
Otherwise it's too late. But I am sure that nothing will change.

So Kanes Wrath is as good as dead. Unfortunately.

IPB Image

One should note. Mental Omega is a mod!

This post has been edited by eXs.bLoOd: Jun 22 2020, 05:58 AM

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 10Claymore92 Jun 22 2020, 06:12 AM
When it comes to RA 1 and RA 2, those were always more popular than both C&C 3s (at least after the GameSpy shutdown). I cannot speak before the shutdown since I was not around.

+
# 11A.Productions YT Jun 22 2020, 10:40 AM
QUOTE(eXs.bLoOd @ Jun 22 2020, 05:54 AM) *

The Remastered series has a huge problem. It is not competitively playable. Even with symmetrical maps .. there are too many mechanics that make the game useless (due to the age).

I can see that quite a few players will go back to their respective games, although on the contrary if it was that much of a problem then why is there such a big community around ZH? Some units are OP and haven't been patched yet.

QUOTE(eXs.bLoOd @ Jun 22 2020, 05:54 AM) *

The problem with Kanes Wrath then started when the community became extremely disputed.
I think many things didn't go as expected from all sides. That's why many good players have turned their backs on Kanes Wrath (since 2015). The fact that cncnet has more players in much older games (still more than Kanes Wrath after the release of Remastered) shows that it is not "normal" (Kanes Wrath had a huge Playerbase!).

How did everyone become disputed? What went wrong?

+
# 12eXs.bLoOd Jun 22 2020, 12:07 PM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jun 22 2020, 07:12 AM) *

When it comes to RA 1 and RA 2, those were always more popular than both C&C 3s (at least after the GameSpy shutdown). I cannot speak before the shutdown since I was not around.

CNC3 and its addon were very active until the Gamespyserver closed! Subsequently, only a few players continued to play via cnc-online. Unfortunately!

QUOTE(A.Productions YT @ Jun 22 2020, 11:40 AM) *

I can see that quite a few players will go back to their respective games, although on the contrary if it was that much of a problem then why is there such a big community around ZH? Some units are OP and haven't been patched yet.
How did everyone become disputed? What went wrong?

A long, annoying and forbidden story. Just don't ask again. : D If you really want I can explain it to you by message.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 13Leikeze Jun 22 2020, 15:45 PM
The idea that imbalances in a game make the playerbase leave is utter nonsense. Many popular games had clear imbalances, whether they were played competitively or not, and people still played them till they couldn't anymore. Games like MW2 for instance were ridiculous cheese fests, but everybody loved it.

People play whatever they think is fun or their friends think is fun. ZH looks and is fun for most of the people that play it, like an arcade game that you can play for a half hour on the weekend.

Even getting bashed as a noob took a long time in KW compared with ZH's 'minute-thirty-sec victory screens.

But here's one of the ways, not literally, that game communities like KW's come to an end, Jim Jones.

Clan: Master of Death

+
# 14Masterleaf Jun 23 2020, 17:53 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Jun 22 2020, 15:45 PM) *

The idea that imbalances in a game make the playerbase leave is utter nonsense. Many popular games had clear imbalances, whether they were played competitively or not, and people still played them till they couldn't anymore. Games like MW2 for instance were ridiculous cheese fests, but everybody loved it.

People play whatever they think is fun or their friends think is fun. ZH looks and is fun for most of the people that play it, like an arcade game that you can play for a half hour on the weekend.

Even getting bashed as a noob took a long time in KW compared with ZH's 'minute-thirty-sec victory screens.

But here's one of the ways, not literally, that game communities like KW's come to an end, Jim Jones.

Come to an end? I don't think so?
It sure did come to an end on gamereplays though biggrin.gif

+
# 15Thanatos Jun 24 2020, 05:17 AM
QUOTE(Masterleaf @ Jun 24 2020, 03:53 AM) *

^^

+
# 16Claymore92 Jun 24 2020, 10:34 AM
QUOTE(Masterleaf @ Jun 23 2020, 17:53 PM) *

No big loss anyway. They still have ZH and its tournaments with a prize pool of 2.010,00 USD.

IPB Image

Your game is a nice addition to GR's catalogue of supported games but it is not needed.

+
# 17phantom9399 Jun 24 2020, 11:06 AM
QUOTE(Claymore92 @ Jun 24 2020, 18:34 PM) *

No big loss anyway. They still have ZH and its tournaments with a prize pool of 2.010,00 USD.

IPB Image

$2000 + a 128 player tournament a month ago. Probably up to $5k total prize pool this year.

+
# 18~JoKeR~ Jun 24 2020, 11:08 AM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Jun 24 2020, 16:06 PM) *

$2000 + a 128 player tournament a month ago. Probably up to $10k total prize pool this year.

Fixed it for you wink.gif
You should check this

Clan: WbG

+
# 19phantom9399 Jun 24 2020, 11:55 AM
QUOTE(~JoKeR~ @ Jun 24 2020, 19:08 PM) *

Fixed it for you wink.gif
You should check this

Now that is impressive biggrin.gif

+
# 20A.Productions YT Jun 24 2020, 12:04 PM
Nice over 20,000 dollars. GG bois.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)