Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

GR is a condescending and toxic communauty

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ataraxy Aug 26 2021, 20:46 PM
Hi,

I just want to push a rant : gameranger is a sick, toxic, discriminating and condescending community.
Why are you like this ? Do you really think it's the best way for BFME to survive and to still be played and loved by players in the world ?

I used to be a T3A player, because each time I go on GR, the community is flamming and toxic. Why ? Because here are examples tonight with those two screenshots attached. And each time I go back on GR, each time the same.

If you still behave this way, there will be no more BFME players in some years, except ultra pros.

People like this should be warned or banned, because they are toxic for all bfme players.

We're a few bfme players in the world, don't let some toxic players make run away others.

I have been playing BFME each day for 5 years (really), but I will never play on GR and still play on T3A.
And I will never play 1.09 because it's not played on T3A because players on T3A don't like GR community because it's toxic etc etc
Snowball.

GG, see BFME dying.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 2Feanor Aug 27 2021, 06:40 AM
There's no moderation or even check when making Gameranger accounts. On top of that, it's a small community so they can be very protective.

Game: Minecraft

+
# 3gahvin Aug 27 2021, 13:34 PM
Hey Hata, you know me as we played for many years in T3A and speak in Facebook, etc. I will give you some tough love advice from a friend! I've had the same experience as you moving to a new community and the 'fake it till you make it' strategy is best.

I see that the title was not 'no noobs' when you joined, Skin changed this when he saw you join. He then asked who you were. Obviously this is not the friendly welcome you are used to, but you need to infer from this that he is trying to gauge your skill level so that he can play a decent game. Most people don't like to play unbalanced games because they can be boring and one sided. I know that you consider this hostile behavior but try to also see it from his point of view, obviously there are nicer ways to handle the situation though.

Instead of being defensive and sarcastic to his question, simply say you are not noob. Gameranger is a small community just like T3A, so most people recognize eachother. When they see a name they do not recognize, they assume they are either a noob or a smurf. I know you are the same level of the guys in that room but it sometimes helps to have someone vouch for you. (I guess Jackass doesn't remember you from T3A times.)

To summarize, suck it up and say you are not noob. Most med players like Skin will accept this response and start the game, either taking your word for it or try to beat you and prove you wrong. You can also host noob or noob med rooms and bring some T3A guys over. I already see guys like Gimlidog, Ferhat, N3iL, Maximus, BrassMeerCat, DirtyPleb, and Korayko playing in Gameranger this month, it's probably best if we are all in once place.

edit:
Another good thing about hosting noob or med rooms is that those guys like to join those rooms to bash noobs. They will play vs you, and see you are not noob and let you play in their rooms in the future.

This post has been edited by gahvin: Aug 27 2021, 13:41 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 4Beterwel Aug 27 2021, 13:49 PM
Good advice from gahvin here. Follow it and show ppl you’re no noob. I know it can be a pain from time to time but once ppl get to know your name and see you in no noob rooms often they will let you in. This is just how it works in Bfme, we’ve all been there and all done that. Don’t give up, cuz we need players like you keeping the game alive!

+
# 5MythvMight Aug 27 2021, 16:09 PM
Blame it on a Bwel

+
# 6HungryTroll Aug 31 2021, 09:08 AM
Hello ATARAXY
You are not the first to complain about the bad and toxic community of this game.
Most recently, there was a topic like your:
Bfme community at is worst
The community is a problem for which the bfme is dying. You will easily recognize them by the "legends room" that they open.
They consider themselves elite, gods of bfme, even made their own version of the game to differ from the "other no
names".
Noname (a new word from bfme community) it means that the player has not made a name for himself in the game.
Of course, you can be friends with them if you start communicating, and constantly be an observer in their rooms, as some did.

I will tell my story, in 2016-2017 I invested $ 120 in this site and organized tournaments. I had a great desire to make the game more popular together with them and the community.
And of course, I often posted replays to make the section with them more active.
In the end, these guys just said that my replays - is all "brag".
Next, I'll just show you the correspondence with one of the respected players:
Attached Image
I very respected Germans,because I consider them cultured and calm people, but I didn't expect such low behavior.
Accuse me of doing repetitions, and then ask me for a link.
Okay, here is link with my replays. Find here replays with desriptions like "look i won i pro".

Of course, ATARAXY, you can post wins vs these players, but only with descreiptions which advises us from the screenshot "i know they better, but i won this one" otherwise, one of the legendary men here will be offended

And of course, the very top of freedom of speech in this community is to express your opinion about the new patch.
After that, I was banned for 2 months.
I think my deepest mistake in the development of the bfme was the connection with this dead site and their community.

This post has been edited by HungryTroll: Aug 31 2021, 09:11 AM

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 7HungryTroll Aug 31 2021, 09:11 AM

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

+
# 8gahvin Aug 31 2021, 12:41 PM
Hungry troll suffers from cognitive dissonance regularly and this post is a perfect example. You can see that he usually holds two beliefs that often contradict eachother. He will complain about things he does on a daily basis (calling players no names, kicking them from rooms, acting like bfme elite) while even doing them in the same post. A good example is how he brags about his one tourney every chance he gets in a post where he complains about people calling him a bragger.

+
# 9Dunedain` Aug 31 2021, 12:54 PM
QUOTE(gahvin @ Aug 31 2021, 18:11 PM) *

Hungry troll suffers from cognitive dissonance regularly and this post is a perfect example. You can see that he usually holds two beliefs that often contradict eachother. He will complain about things he does on a daily basis (calling players no names, kicking them from rooms, acting like bfme elite) while even doing them in the same post. A good example is how he brags about his one tourney every chance he gets in a post where he complains about people calling him a bragger.

He also said on multiple occasions that Latino & other tourney organizers are wasting money on prizes for said tourneys, while boasting about his own money tourney.

+
# 10Anon` Aug 31 2021, 15:46 PM
This is what happens when you go online after months to actually play bfme: You run into hungrytroll, try to be nice to him and get a rant post on gr for it xD

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)