Explore GameReplays...

GameReplays.org welcomes modders!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1DJ_Chill Sep 21 2015, 22:26 PM
Today I have the pleasure of unveiling the first of our new staff positions to you, introducing modders!

IPB Image
IPB Image

For too long now we've been disregarding those great members out there whose knowledge is in more of a game building, modifying or map making rather than strategic knowledge. This position is there to bring some of that great talent within the staff team here on the site.

What Qualifies for the position?
  • Mod makers, such as those working on a new community patch. (adding new units, updating balance etc.)
  • Map makers, and those making custom competitive maps.
  • Skin designers.
  • and much more, essentially whatever constitutes as a change to the game itself.
The list is pretty much endless.

Activity wise, we know modding is difficult and takes time, and turnarounds for a reskin is obviously a lot different to a full complete community patch. So depending on what you're doing will depend on how fast we expect it! As with all staff roles, not everyone that applies will be accepted. We're hopeful that it'll be pretty obvious if someone is worthy of having (and keeping) the badge!

If you have any questions then let us know and we hope this brings a new side to the community on GameReplays.org!

To be considered for the role you have to be actively modding or meeting our qualifiers listed above at the time of applying. It's not a honorary position. If you're interested in applying, drop a PM to the relevant game section's administrator, or if there isn't one, to a global administrator of your choice.

View our full staff structure
View our staff code of conduct

This post has been edited by DJ_Chill: Sep 24 2015, 13:43 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached highlight
Attached Image

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Vindies Sep 21 2015, 23:04 PM
Great way to recognize those guys putting countless of hours into improving the gameplay for us smile.gif

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 3Locutus Sep 22 2015, 04:47 AM
QUOTE(Vindies @ Sep 21 2015, 19:04 PM) *

Great way to recognize those guys putting countless of hours into improving the gameplay for us smile.gif

^^ Exactly! banana.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 4Phoenix Sep 22 2015, 05:26 AM
An excellent addition to the staff position list as it gives us a way to recognize those members of our communities who dedicate countless hours into improving the games we enjoy.

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5Egozi44 Sep 22 2015, 15:13 PM
I sort of unactive in gamereplays but do mod KW for UOP 1.04 in moddb and do almost all of what you included above

Question is if by being a modders staff here I actually need to do something for the site or it just so people will recognize me as a modder (my activity here is also low... and most of the times I came here when being offline)

I did planned to try and show the unoffical patch (which is mod) here eventually but since I never been active here I don't know where to start tongue.gif

Here a link btw

http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...ch-104/#5506961

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 6Zocom7 Sep 22 2015, 17:18 PM
I am an active C&C3 modder since 2008 but I am usually inactive in GR.org. I pretty much had done some of my "Reloaded" mods over the years and now I am creating a bigger project unrelated to the unofficial C&C3/KW/RA3 patches, and it is called Tacitus Revolution: http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-relo...r-a-new-wip-mod

The only active modders/mappers right now in the KW section are CrazyGDIFan123 (you know who) and Predatore. Bibber and Megumi (aka Lauren) not only are modders too, but also usually inactive in GR.org.

+
# 7IISpartacus Sep 22 2015, 17:30 PM
QUOTE(Egozi44 @ Sep 22 2015, 10:13 AM) *

I sort of unactive in gamereplays but do mod KW for UOP 1.04 in moddb and do almost all of what you included above

Question is if by being a modders staff here I actually need to do something for the site or it just so people will recognize me as a modder (my activity here is also low... and most of the times I came here when being offline)

I did planned to try and show the unoffical patch (which is mod) here eventually but since I never been active here I don't know where to start tongue.gif
Here a link btw

http://www.moddb.com/mods/kanes-wrath-unof...ch-104/#5506961

For Kane's Wrath, as with all of our current staff positions, we have an expectation that staff members are contributing to the "greater good" of the community here on GameReplays.org. Many of the other staff roles have very specific requirements (commentators are expected to produce at least 2 videos per month, artists are expected to produce artwork for at least 1 portal article per month, etc.), however the "modder" position is a little bit more free form in regards to the expectations. With that said, being a frequently active member of GameReplays is a very important factor when considering any applicant.

Speaking specifically of Kane's Wrath, we'll be looking at people that are actively modding/map making and are contributing here on GameReplays on a regular basis. We will look at individuals on a case-by-case basis, but the bottom line is that we are looking to bring people on board that will be able to contribute to the community now and into the future, rather than simply recognizing mod makers as a whole.

+
# 8Mako Sep 23 2015, 12:00 PM
yeeee i'm a modder (map) XD

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 9Predatore Sep 23 2015, 13:04 PM
The modder possition would have been nice for me during the last 2 years; but now I'm kind of retired. I don't have enough time to make new maps; and I feel the current KW community is smaller and/or has lost their interest in new content. Anyways, there is a new map/game mode yet to be released which has been in development for months now wink.gif

Can I get a "retired" modder medal? tongue.gif

+
# 10Zocom7 Sep 23 2015, 16:27 PM
QUOTE(Predatore @ Sep 23 2015, 05:04 AM) *

The modder possition would have been nice for me during the last 2 years; but now I'm kind of retired. I don't have enough time to make new maps; and I feel the current KW community is smaller and/or has lost their interest in new content. Anyways, there is a new map/game mode yet to be released which has been in development for months now wink.gif

Can I get a "retired" modder medal? tongue.gif

If Methuselah approves. tongue.gif

I was once a mapper too but with the new mod project that I am developing I may have to go back to mapping as well.

+
# 11Hooked Sep 25 2015, 07:30 AM
Yeah man I'm sure you'll face an intensive battery, GR is swatting away the staff nowadays.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 12Lauren Sep 25 2015, 19:03 PM
QUOTE(Zocom7 @ Sep 22 2015, 17:18 PM) *
[...] Megumi (aka Lauren) not only are modders too, but also usually inactive in GR.org.

Not really interested anyway. C&C GR community is pretty hostile towards modders in any case.

+
# 13Zypherbullet Sep 26 2015, 22:19 PM
QUOTE(Zocom7 @ Sep 22 2015, 18:18 PM) *

The only active modders/mappers right now in the KW section are CrazyGDIFan123 (you know who) and Predatore.

cry.gif

Clan: FeaR

+
# 14Cypher Sep 27 2015, 19:11 PM
What's the point of that updated staff structure if half the positions are empty? You might as well have 1 global, 1 admin, 1 senior and 1 junior group. And worst of all: you globals still haven't realised that by killing off replay reviewers (along with that new, horrible, replay system and everything surrounding it) you killed the website.

Instead you got 5 admin groups, 3 of which empty and loads of seniors and juniors.
Nice staff "heirachy" (according to the picture name), just don't expect to be taken seriously.

GR had so much potential ~10 years ago, it's almost laughable how that was wasted.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 15X-Flame Sep 27 2015, 19:27 PM
idk, with the very name itself (gameREPLAYS), would GR stand a chance in this age of livestreaming?

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)