Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Generals Zero Hour mod Inspired by BFME and COH

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Arashenstein Feb 2 2018, 10:32 AM
Hi RTS fans!

I have been playing RTS since the very first C&C Games and in 2006 when I played COH1 it gave me a different insight to RTS and it completely made me "Addicted". I started BFME series a bit late because I was not a swords fan and BFME1 really got my attention and I started playing it. I started BFME 2 after 1 year playing BFME1 and to me it was mixture of BFME with C&C system.

2 years ago I decided to create a mod for C&C Generals Zero Hour for our LAN parties inspired by these two games. After almost 1 year working on it and testing balances with 3 of my friends in both 1v1 and 2v2 situations I was finally pleased to introduce my mod to the online community. However, I did not have access to GameReplays until some months ago and on moddb it was a bit hard to find a community which was looking forward to "competitive" gameplay rather than just "New units and new armies" so my mod was not very famous among moddb community. However, there was some positive feedback from various people.

C&C Players are mostly into rush and defeat enemies within the first 5 minutes of match starting. So basically not even the classic C&C fans could find this mod something appealing for themselves because of gameplay changes I made to the game.

If you are interested in BFME2 gameplay and would like to try it out in modern warfare then I will be very pleased to have you guys trying my mod and dropping your feedbacks for me. So far my mod is only created for our LAN parties on GameRanger but who knows if it becomes popular by other communities such as BFME 2 fans here then it will have a greater chance to shine in competitive plays.

The entire changelog and information about this mod and the gameplay changes are mentioned here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tactical-operations-6-4

you can head to videos tab and watch the trailer and check out screenshots to Generals abilities changes.

What I did here to make the game more tactical and lengthy other than just 5 minute rush is that the Command Centre (Like fortress in BFME2) now has increased price and increased health and it can hold up to 10 infantry units to act as a bunker and defend your base against early rushes (Like arrows from BFME2 fortress). The rest of the changes are mentioned in the provided link above.

Thank you all for taking time reading this and remember I am waiting for your feedback!
Over and out
Arashenstein

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Maru Feb 4 2018, 15:22 PM
Looks cool, unfortunately it's about 10 years too late for me to play it tongue.gif Honestly though, nice job.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3SeñorEcthelion Feb 5 2018, 09:29 AM
15 =D

+
# 4Arashenstein Feb 5 2018, 09:41 AM
QUOTE(Maru @ Feb 4 2018, 15:22 PM) *

Looks cool, unfortunately it's about 10 years too late for me to play it tongue.gif Honestly though, nice job.

age is just a number! wink.gif

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5Maru Mar 5 2018, 22:13 PM
Unfortunately it's the wrong number tongue.gif

Clan: New Generation

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)