Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Generals Zero hour lag gameranger

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Malki May 24 2019, 21:18 PM
Hello,
I get lag when i play generals Zero Hour on Gameranger and Revora C&C online, but if i install Gentool, the lag is gone. Sometimes I like to play on gameranger without gentool, so does anyone know a solution for this?

This post has been edited by Malki: May 24 2019, 21:26 PM

+
# 2Leikeze May 24 2019, 22:38 PM
Hey, nice to see you posting here, however, this is not the correct section to ask this question, so I've moved this topic to a place where it will be seen.

As for a solution to your problem, try changing your screen resolution in options.ini to whatever your monitor is.

This post has been edited by Leikeze: May 24 2019, 22:41 PM

Clan: WbG

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Malki May 24 2019, 22:55 PM
thank you, my bad thought it goes in that section. I did try to change the resolution, it didn't work. I have forwarded ports, I allowed the game, gameranger and revora through firewall. but still nothing. The game runs perfectly fine with Gentool installed.

+
# 4Leikeze May 24 2019, 22:58 PM
Hmm, have you tried unlocking zoom?

+
# 5Malki May 24 2019, 23:26 PM
Its not about the game i think, since when im on gentool in the lobby, i get green ping icon for all games. but when im in the Revora C&C online lobby without gentool installed (which should be the same lobby) i get yellow ping icons for all games.
So my question is, do Revora and Gentool use different ports or address or something on the network? because as far as i know, they are the same servers.
But just incase that is the problem, how do i unlock zoom for the game?

+
# 6Leikeze May 24 2019, 23:29 PM
Hmm, you've got an unusual problem there.

Zoom is unlocked via zoom-hack, which shouldn't be used online.

+
# 7Malki May 24 2019, 23:40 PM
I doubt this is the problem since as I mentioned it has to do with the ping or the network. The ping is green with gentool installed and the game isnt laggy, but yellow ping and laggy game with gentool removed. But I will give it a try and see if it works.

+
# 8xezon May 25 2019, 13:02 PM
Hi. Do you use other tools instead of GenTool with GameRanger?

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 9Malki May 25 2019, 13:28 PM
Sometimes we play MH games on gameranger, but even with it completely removed I still have the same problem. It seems as if my connection becomes better with gentool installed? it just doesnt make sense.

+
# 10fastAiR May 25 2019, 14:21 PM
Whats your Revora name?

Green dot indictates you have gentool, yellow or red means you dont. It no longer represents connection quality

This post has been edited by JarmenElectra: May 25 2019, 14:39 PM

+
# 11Malki May 25 2019, 15:12 PM
When I start a game with gentool it doesn't lag, but without it I get a choppy and laggy game.. I've tried it several times.

+
# 12Leikeze May 25 2019, 15:18 PM
Hmm, could you post some screenshots of what it looks like when you are in the lobby?

+
# 13fastAiR May 25 2019, 15:35 PM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ May 25 2019, 15:18 PM) *

Hmm, could you post some screenshots of what it looks like when you are in the lobby?

And a screenshot from when you're in game would help

+
# 14Malki May 25 2019, 15:46 PM
Without Gentool:
IPB Image

With Gentool:
IPB Image

I don't know why an in-game shot would matter? It doesn't show anything differently.

+
# 15Malki May 25 2019, 17:06 PM
Is it possible that its something with Gentool's memory leakage solution or something with improved connection to the servers? because i tried the widescreen fix and an FPS limiter and they didnt help.

+
# 16Phoenix- May 25 2019, 17:59 PM
QUOTE(Malki @ May 25 2019, 14:28 PM) *

Sometimes we play MH games on gameranger, but even with it completely removed I still have the same problem. It seems as if my connection becomes better with gentool installed? it just doesnt make sense.

Stupidity is endless. Definitely.

+
# 17-ExiLe` May 25 2019, 18:19 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix- @ May 25 2019, 18:59 PM) *

Stupidity is endless. Definitely.

Why? Nothing wrong if they do that in their own games/rooms without hiding it. It's only a problem when they hide it and play other unaware/fair players

+
# 18fastAiR May 25 2019, 18:34 PM
QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ May 25 2019, 18:19 PM) *

Why? Nothing wrong if they do that in their own games/rooms without hiding it. It's only a problem when they hide it and play other unaware/fair players

You dont know everyone in that room is a hacker tho and I doubt they are. Sure its gameranger he is referring to but he is trying to play on cnconline and wants no lag with GT disabled. So imo he is trying to hack on cnconline, why would he need GT in a hacker only match?

For the record OP, by your screen you have narrowed down what your cnconline name is. So when I confirm who you are and get evidence of you maphacking on cnconline you will be reported for it.

+
# 19xezon May 25 2019, 18:37 PM
QUOTE(Malki @ May 25 2019, 17:12 PM) *

When I start a game with gentool it doesn't lag, but without it I get a choppy and laggy game.. I've tried it several times.

I don't know why GenTool would make it run better for you. But I guess that's good. happy.gif

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 20Malki May 25 2019, 19:29 PM
My main problem is not the cnconline server.. As i stated before, sometimes we play MH games on GAMERANGER, where we all know we have MH on..and at other times we play without it on gameranger also, since i have mates there that wont go to cnconline servers... otherwise why would i go through the trouble of going on cnconline and gentool servers if i wanted to hack? I just wanted to get rid of the lag problem on Gameranger.. since even WITHOUT MH or any other tool running on it I get lag..
Anyway, I think I found a solution of setting the FPS limit to 30 instead of 60 and setting my replays folder to read-only..
But thanks for the input anyway..

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)