Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Gold Replay Poll: Fun CW Game

Do you want this replay in the Gold Replays section?
35.71% (5)
Yes, it deserves its place among the legends
64.29% (9)
No, it's not that extraordinary replay
Is there any Silver Replay that deserves to be Gold?
6.25% (1)
Bunito's MotW on action! Edition "Irritated Maka" #1
12.50% (2)
Epic Action Game
6.25% (1)
Bunito's MotW on action! Edition"Irritated Otto"#2
6.25% (1)
Gimli is lovee!
0.00% (0)
Intuitive Reconstructional Isen Fun
18.75% (3)
Ridiculous(ly gay) Isen v Men
18.75% (3)
best elves mirror
6.25% (1)
Lazzy, yet strongos, Dwarves vs MotW.
25.00% (4)
[R]Surprisingly close game #2: Apmn and Bunito!

Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1QuikSilwer Sep 9 2017, 19:48 PM
Does the Fun CW Game match between THE_GLUTEMASTER and Andy San deserve to be the first replay to make it to the Gold Replays section?

Replay videocast

Vote in the poll and let your voice be heard.

IPB Image

What are Gold Replays?
Gold Replays are replays that are really entertaining and show a very fun match. The match does not have to be on a pro level and mistakes are allowed to be made. It is all about having a really fun and intense game to observe. This is also the place for outstanding new strategies and wtf-moments.

Note: purpose of this poll is to establish community's recommendation, the game admin will have the final say.

Actual Silver games in question

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Sep 11 2017, 14:07 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2rx0 Sep 10 2017, 15:14 PM

+
# 3QuikSilwer Sep 10 2017, 22:33 PM
I hope we're not following the good ol' BFME 1 poll pattern "What, that noob who didn't report one cw game 20 yrs ago is about to hit Gold reps? Not on my watch..."

This post has been edited by QuikSilwer: Sep 10 2017, 22:36 PM

+
# 4RaD3GaST Sep 12 2017, 14:54 PM
I vote yes.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 5Ser Gregor Sep 13 2017, 08:39 AM
I dont think it deserves to be the first ever bfme2 gold replay. It should prolly be a game from time between 2.1-2.6 patches. Thats when all the best players played and were active and in their prime. Also in terms if skill i dont see how this can be gold either. i know skil level is not the only factor, but if that is the case we could find a 10h game between noobs with a lot of back and forth action.

It might be gold if u only consider replays from this patch and players active today, but to make it first ever bfme2 gold replay would be really unfair to all the great players who thought of the strategies and build orders which we still use today and helped create the experts of today.

+
# 6Val` Sep 13 2017, 08:57 AM
Good game worthy of silver but not gold.

About gold reps, I removed all the old ones, including my own from 10 years ago. Well they are still there but not under gold. Did that last year, its time for new gold's just havent crossed any reps quite worthy just yet, close tho.

At the massive rate 109 reps are coming in it wont be long til we get a few.

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 7SeñorEcthelion Sep 13 2017, 09:30 AM
QUOTE(Ser Gregor @ Sep 13 2017, 05:39 AM) *

I dont think it deserves to be the first ever bfme2 gold replay. It should prolly be a game from time between 2.1-2.6 patches. Thats when all the best players played and were active and in their prime. Also in terms if skill i dont see how this can be gold either. i know skil level is not the only factor, but if that is the case we could find a 10h game between noobs with a lot of back and forth action.

It might be gold if u only consider replays from this patch and players active today, but to make it first ever bfme2 gold replay would be really unfair to all the great players who thought of the strategies and build orders which we still use today and helped create the experts of today.

if u want a build order related game, check "best elf mirror" from raegar
he fuked me with lancer start and all the game i played hard trying to get back the advantage.

+
# 8YodA` Sep 13 2017, 15:48 PM
Just put there all jones replays. Case closed lol ^^

+
# 9QuikSilwer Sep 13 2017, 17:02 PM
QUOTE(Ser Gregor @ Sep 13 2017, 08:39 AM) *

i know skil level is not the only factor, but if that is the case we could find a 10h game between noobs with a lot of back and forth action.

Would you find a 10h game between noobs entertaining?

QUOTE(Ser Gregor @ Sep 13 2017, 08:39 AM) *

Then the Gold reps section is completely pointless and might as well be removed.

If we wish to pay respects to the old time legends then we should shift them into a separated section and leave the Silver and Gold reps for 1.09 games.

This post has been edited by QuikSilwer: Sep 13 2017, 17:16 PM

+
# 10Ser Gregor Sep 13 2017, 17:52 PM
QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ Sep 13 2017, 17:02 PM) *

Would you find a 10h game between noobs entertaining?
Then the Gold reps section is completely pointless and might as well be removed.

If we wish to pay respects to the old time legends then we should shift them into a separated section and leave the Silver and Gold reps for 1.09 games.

I am not saying we have to pay respects to old legends, i just think that if we should decide on the first gold replay in bfme2 history, it should be chosen from replays of all generations. but i get your point. It is more interesting to do it with current players and patch, however if it is the only gold replay, it means it is the ''best'' replay of all time. Because there are reps from all other generations in silver but to decide the gold we only view the current generation? When i enter the silver replays section i see all the reps and all the patches and know that those reps were the shit in their time.

But i get it we live in now and it would be kinda lame to award gold replay to a game of players who are not even active anymore and wouldnt even notice.

+
# 11Maru Sep 13 2017, 20:12 PM
QUOTE(Val` @ Sep 13 2017, 09:57 AM) *
Good game worthy of silver but not gold.

About gold reps, I removed all the old ones, including my own from 10 years ago. Well they are still there but not under gold. Did that last year, its time for new gold's just havent crossed any reps quite worthy just yet, close tho.

At the massive rate 109 reps are coming in it wont be long til we get a few.

Yeah, and mine cry.gif

+
# 12QuikSilwer Sep 13 2017, 22:11 PM
QUOTE(Ser Gregor @ Sep 13 2017, 17:52 PM) *

I am not saying we have to pay respects to old legends, i just think that if we should decide on the first gold replay in bfme2 history, it should be chosen from replays of all generations. but i get your point. It is more interesting to do it with current players and patch, however if it is the only gold replay, it means it is the ''best'' replay of all time. Because there are reps from all other generations in silver but to decide the gold we only view the current generation? When i enter the silver replays section i see all the reps and all the patches and know that those reps were the shit in their time.

But i get it we live in now and it would be kinda lame to award gold replay to a game of players who are not even active anymore and wouldnt even notice.

Nothing wrong with paying respects to the old players, on the contrary. Put them into Gold reps, they laid the foundations of gameplay as we know it today. But if you say 'This rep doesn't deserve to be Gold cause it's not the best rep of all time' then the Gold reps section will remain as empty as 1.00 player's brain department...

+
# 13Ser Gregor Sep 14 2017, 09:34 AM
Well then let it be empty? I mean what is the point in having silver and gold reps? i am not being a cunt i am just trying to figure out. In my head people posted reps since this game came out. Some reps made it to silver, why? Idk was there a vote or was it just decided by one person? Either way if it was silver it was the best one at somethign in some1s opinion right?

So if all those reps were the best ones from their time, than the gold one(s) should be the best of all the silver ones imo.

+
# 14ArCh4Ng3L Sep 14 2017, 09:52 AM
Truth is there used to be enough Gold/Silver Reps + HoF ones from ancient times.
Val removed them in the favor of the belief of the "New Era's" full potential.

Not saying I agreed with that just because some indicate that these players stop being active or cuz the patches were old enough not to be watchable (in fact they can be ,all versions are still uploaded),cuz old HoF reps shouldnt be touched since they will always have their own value and represent an integral part of Bfme2 history but what I know for certain, is that ever since these old HoF games were played or ever since the EA servers closed,there was already a New Era and there were loads of Reps, worthy of HoF or Gold/Silver award and I know that cuz you Ive been probably among the most active players ever since ,and I also played and witnessed enough games of myself and other decent players so far until now,talking about many worthy candidates.

So here goes the question why hasn't any of these Reps made it to Gold/HoF awarding.And the answer is far beyond from the fact that these Reps werent worthy enough.Maybe its closer to the fact that none really cared for them to get the attention they deserved.So I believe its time to change that and Im in favor of promoting both old or new Replays to their title they deserve ever since the 1.08 announcement (yes 1.08 not just 1.09),regardless of the participants.Nobody cares if they will notice it or not,what matters is HOW MANY wacthed it,HOW MANY got entertained and HOW MANY learned from it, and its proved by the bunch of downloads/wubs these Reps have.

At either case,everyone is free to make his own conclusions.

+
# 15Apmn Sep 14 2017, 11:01 AM
In my opinion just open a new tab in the replays section called "Old gold / hof replays archive" and move the old ones to that tab.
problem solved.

+
# 16Val` Sep 14 2017, 11:24 AM
Sure we can have legacy reps. I am doubtful that very old patch versions get watched tbh, but no harm in having a tab sure.

+
# 17ArCh4Ng3L Sep 14 2017, 11:39 AM
They could be in the same tab of Gold Reps, given there is filter, to order as most wubs/most downloads/date etc...

+
# 18Fitton Sep 14 2017, 13:35 PM
Didn't Ecth say he wanted to do something with a replay patch switcher or something to make watching old replays easier?

+
# 19Val` Sep 14 2017, 14:04 PM
Ech says a lot of things, most of which come out whilst theres a cock in his mouth.

+
# 20SeñorEcthelion Sep 14 2017, 16:52 PM
PLS

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)