Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Gold Standard Replays

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1dukejason Nov 30 2017, 18:46 PM
I would like to collect the best replays within the community and have the best players we can find judge the replays for either silver or gold standard reps. I would like to invite all high level players to become apart of panel. I will do a article feature on the judges and will do article for each gold replay chosen to feature on our portal. I would love to hear any feedback that anyone in the community has about this particular project. u0udiablo.gif numchuks.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2VindicareX Dec 2 2017, 04:38 AM
You can't see old replays from previous patches, unfortunately.

Maybe some killer matches will be played in the near future, but there's a lot less of those with the small playerbase now : (

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 3dukejason Dec 2 2017, 16:05 PM
QUOTE(VindicareX @ Dec 2 2017, 00:38 AM) *

You can't see old replays from previous patches, unfortunately.

Maybe some killer matches will be played in the near future, but there's a lot less of those with the small playerbase now : (

Do you think a replay competition would be good? I believe i can get winner a free game,maybe dow 3 or coh 2?

+
# 4Spirit. Dec 11 2017, 14:28 PM
I dont know about that. Maybe replays are just very outdated and people rather want to watch streams and casts.

+
# 5dukejason Dec 11 2017, 21:50 PM
I think replays are far from out dated,i would not be here if i thought so. TBH a replay is the best way to learn strategy, not so much a twitch stream?

I think replays are far from out dated,i would not be here if i thought so. TBH a replay is the best way to learn strategy, not so much a twitch stream. Also replays are a great utility if you broadcast on twitch as well.

+
# 6Spirit. Dec 12 2017, 14:17 PM
You are absolutely right and i agree with you but then is my question to you why always only a handful of people download dow3 replays?

+
# 7VindicareX Dec 15 2017, 13:33 PM
QUOTE(Spirit. @ Dec 12 2017, 14:17 PM) *

You are absolutely right and i agree with you but then is my question to you why always only a handful of people download dow3 replays?

Cuz' no1 like us sad.gif

+
# 8S4ngetsu Dec 18 2017, 17:27 PM
QUOTE(Spirit. @ Dec 12 2017, 15:17 PM) *

Because of the low playerbase.
Also people tend to use Discord to post and discuss, not those outdated forums. It's more fun, faster and more interactive.
Yes im glad that gamereplays exists because you can learn more from replays than from streams. Still it's not as mutch fun as watching streams. There is not enough interest in replays atm. Also "replay of the weak" and awards are "dead". I havn't posted a replay since a while because of this and because it's just no fun and senseful at all.

Clan: Deathwatch

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 9Spirit. Dec 18 2017, 22:27 PM
Yeah i think too that replays are outdated or at least to upload/download them on forums. I dont think its because of the low playerbase the dow2 playerbase was also pretty low but still dozens or hundreds of people downloaded replays and there was more going on in general on gamereplays.

The dow1 playerbase was also very low but around that time even the german dow1 forum was full of people. Loads of people uploaded and downloaded replays and did commentate them. Now is just a different time, streams are here, people prefer to watch those. Also people most likely are just not more interested in forums.

+
# 10Paranoid Kamikaze Dec 21 2017, 01:16 AM
It's because of the low playerbase, lack of interest in competition for DoW 3, lack of good replays from good players and everyone just going on the official forums. There needed to be active people here for people to move over and the playerbase from DoW 2 didn't like the game so only a few people came here. On the official forums people just complain about things or talk to each other about the same thing over and over again and don't do anything constructive or try to get better at the game. For any competition for the game there is no spectator mode so you don't get the hype from live matches being streamed.

The official forums are terrible for the community by the way. No replay system, Youtube videos, Twitch streams, tournaments, guides or highlights of community work. It's just news and forums. That's what Reddit is for.

This post has been edited by Paranoid Kamikaze: Dec 21 2017, 01:22 AM

+
# 11Spirit. Dec 21 2017, 07:29 AM
I agree with you. Only one thing is not correct, there is tournament sign ups at the official forum. Manonmars is hosing a 1v1 and a 2v2 tourney each month with price money donated by the tournament organizers and other players or streamers.

+
# 12Gorb Dec 21 2017, 10:39 AM
QUOTE(Paranoid Kamikaze @ Dec 21 2017, 02:16 AM) *

It's because of the low playerbase, lack of interest in competition for DoW 3, lack of good replays from good players and everyone just going on the official forums. There needed to be active people here for people to move over and the playerbase from DoW 2 didn't like the game so only a few people came here. On the official forums people just complain about things or talk to each other about the same thing over and over again and don't do anything constructive or try to get better at the game. For any competition for the game there is no spectator mode so you don't get the hype from live matches being streamed.

The official forums are terrible for the community by the way. No replay system, Youtube videos, Twitch streams, tournaments, guides or highlights of community work. It's just news and forums. That's what Reddit is for.

That would involve a) using reddit and b) reddit being a reliable source of news for Dawn of War III (which it isn't).

The official forums are for news and updates, you're absolutely right. But it was never said to be more. Forums in general are being used a lot less than they used to - it's why RelicNews eventually shut down (despite still having an active Discord server), and why this place is a relative ghost town (calling it as I see it, sorry).

I think forums are still worth it, they're just not used like they used to be. They don't get anywhere near as much work put into them as they used to, either (because they're less popular, and therefore work is harder to justify). Heck, this site still has the broken rich text editor it had when I first started using GameReplays.

(You have set 'Rich Text Editor' as your editor but your browser isn't compatible with it. The standard editor has been used instead. My browser is Chrome, standard, no wacky extensions)

+
# 13Paranoid Kamikaze Dec 21 2017, 19:59 PM
There has only ever been actual development on this site back when the new C&C game was announced and AGM went crazy over it. Other than that we get teased in the staff forums about new changes coming only to wait years for nothing to come of it. We were supposed to have our own tournament system here for example, but that has been announced since I joined staff all those years ago.

Forums here are really outdated. No mobile version, scaling for resolutions, we have to add Youtube videos manually, no +1ing unless you actually type it in a reply and everything is designed around people going to the main game portal when they all just bookmark Gen Discussion instead. Writing articles and have no one see them because there's nowhere to click them unless you're on the main portal really destroys views and comments. Or that you have to click to go on another page to leave a comment on an article for that matter.

The old C&C games here still have some activity. The CoH crowd left to coh2.org since the old staff members wanted to do their own thing and try to monetize their work. The DoW 2 crowd went to dawnofwar.info and then the playerbase is a lot lower because the game is surviving off of a mod. For DoW 3, people just aren't active in the game at all and old DoW players aren't interested.

There is no point to having tournaments if there is no coverage of them if you want hype and attention. That's why you need a spectator mode. If you just want tournaments an automated tournament system in-game would be all you need.

+
# 14dukejason Dec 22 2017, 04:00 AM
QUOTE(Paranoid Kamikaze @ Dec 21 2017, 15:59 PM) *

There has only ever been actual development on this site back when the new C&C game was announced and AGM went crazy over it. Other than that we get teased in the staff forums about new changes coming only to wait years for nothing to come of it. We were supposed to have our own tournament system here for example, but that has been announced since I joined staff all those years ago.

Forums here are really outdated. No mobile version, scaling for resolutions, we have to add Youtube videos manually, no +1ing unless you actually type it in a reply and everything is designed around people going to the main game portal when they all just bookmark Gen Discussion instead. Writing articles and have no one see them because there's nowhere to click them unless you're on the main portal really destroys views and comments. Or that you have to click to go on another page to leave a comment on an article for that matter.

The old C&C games here still have some activity. The CoH crowd left to coh2.org since the old staff members wanted to do their own thing and try to monetize their work. The DoW 2 crowd went to dawnofwar.info and then the playerbase is a lot lower because the game is surviving off of a mod. For DoW 3, people just aren't active in the game at all and old DoW players aren't interested.

There is no point to having tournaments if there is no coverage of them if you want hype and attention. That's why you need a spectator mode. If you just want tournaments an automated tournament system in-game would be all you need.

I can appreciate your point of view, I dont agree that forums are out dated. Whats lost is the passion to create a section. I can remember when gr was at the top of the food chain when it came to rts. There was a time when staff and community were on the same page. Where players on this site wanted to be the very best at what they played. The wolf pack mentality is whats missing. I am howling right now as I stare into the full moon. There is still a wolf left in the forest.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 15VindicareX Dec 25 2017, 21:17 PM
Let's say 1 in 100,000 players have the real passion to build and contribute to a forum site

... you think RTS playerbase, nevermind DoW3, is conducive to that?

Ultimately, there's probably not much we can do unless the game itself is popular.

Sure, we could end up like Elite mod, and do a lot of community work and modding, where you basically have a 40 man community for years - but that's no fun...

This post has been edited by VindicareX: Dec 25 2017, 21:56 PM

+
# 16Paranoid Kamikaze Dec 27 2017, 05:58 AM
The numbers actually went up for a bit a while ago but then Cornholio came and scared them all away by beating them with shovels for not supporting him properly when he got 2v1'd in a team game.

+
# 17dukejason Dec 29 2017, 21:42 PM
Im willing to support a small community, as long as the community is willing to participate. Ultimately GR belongs to the people,we who are admins are here to serve.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)