Explore GameReplays...

CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

Groundhog Brawl Tournament Sign up Topic 100 Prize Pool

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1FUzziBabes Jul 15 2020, 09:35 AM
Groundhog Brawl Tournament

Additional Rules and Information

Conduct at the Event

Players are expected to assist in the conduct of the event. Accordingly, conduct which tends to disrupt the event, including a failure to follow the instructions of the tournament manager or staff, interrupting or intervening in announcements made by the tournament staff or discourteous or disruptive conduct generally may result in forfeiture, sanction or disqualification from the tournament or future tournaments. The decision of the tournament manager on all matters concerning the conduct and outcome of the tournament is final and not open to debate. Questioning any such decision is likely to be treated as disruptive conduct.

Delaying one's own defeat in a game where defeat is inevitable and there is no tactical advantage to the delay may be considered bad sportsmanship and treated as such.

Disconnects/desynchs

Should a tournament participant lose connection during a match then the match will be treated as a loss for the participant who lost connection unless they had a clear lead to the point that the match was already decided and the opponent had no realistic way of winning the match (tournament organizers' discretion applies), or if both participants agree to re-play the match. If they re-play the match the same factions and map must be used.

If a participant disconnects multiple times in a tournament they may be DQ'd.

Cheating/Disconnecting/Dispute Resolution

All reports and issues will be resolved by the tournament manager and the referees. Cheating will result in exclusion from the tournament and a ban from future tournaments hosted by GameReplays.org. Poor sportsmanship may also result in disqualification from the tournament.

Ladder Wars Tournament Rules

To the extent that these rules do not expressly provide otherwise, the Ladder Wars Tournament Rules for C&C 3 apply to this event.

Being Late

Players/teams that fail to show how up within 15 minutes of their allocated match time will be disqualified. At this point, an alternate player(s)/team may be allocated to their position, or the opponent will advance. Players are expected to continue playing until eliminated or until the end of the tournament is reached. Failure to play rounds in an expedient manner may result in disqualification.

APC/Engineer ban:

I have made the decision to enforce this rule because in almost all cases, it is unstoppable due to the mechanics of the game. In most cases even when it is scouted it falls down to luck whether you are able to stop it before it jumps into your Construction Yard/War Factory/Airstrip/etc. Also, even if you do sell your structure the Engineer can still capture it during the animation and the player who captures it receives the cash from the sell even though they did not intiate it.

Some people will no doubt say that it is stoppable if you do a certain build order and to those I say the following:
Doesn't matter, if everyone MUST do a specific build order to stop ONE strategy it will leave them wide open to every other strategy in the game and will force stagnation in the tournament (and on the ladder, from what I'm hearing, it already is). This is not why I, Gamereplays and any other tournament organizers run tournaments. We run them for fun and good content for the community, at it's core Engineer/APC is neither of these things.

I hope everyone understands and I eagerly look forward to the tournament!

If you wish to sign up, just drop a quick "I wish to sign up for the tournament" or some such including your in game name that you are going to be using and you shall be added!

This post has been edited by FUzziBabes: Jul 23 2020, 22:02 PM

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2FUzziBabes Jul 15 2020, 09:36 AM

UPDATE

Welcome back commanders! I am here to bring you an update about the future Gamereplays.org Tiberian Dawn tournament, Groundhog Brawl.

Due to the generosity of the community and a strong interest in tournaments, our prize pool has now hit an impressive 100! This means that we are opening up the prize pool to not just the top three players, but will now be offering cash winnings to the top eight players! This also means that the third and fourth place match WILL be played!

Prizes will be designated as followed:
  • 1st Place - 35
  • 2nd Place - 20
  • 3rd Place - 15
  • 4th Place - 10
  • 5th to 8th Place - 5
A massive thank you to FionaSarah and Khyira for donating to this prize pool, your kindness is greatly appreciated!

If you like the idea of sponsoring the tournament for a larger prize pool then please get in contact! My Profile

Reddit thread

Please help support this tournament by upvoting my post on reddit, any upvotes are very appreciated smile.gif
Link

Player list

• KHANOMANCER
  • JackoDerp
  • Khyira
  • DK
  • Danku
  • RD
  • Sai
  • Val
  • crexis

Twitch Stream

https://www.twitch.tv/fuzzibabes

This post has been edited by FUzziBabes: Aug 1 2020, 11:49 AM

+
# 3JulzzZ Jul 16 2020, 06:26 AM
Ahh 10PM nvm lol post-13661-1143531603.gif

Seeing as they last for hours, latest I'd play would be like starting at 6PM.

This post has been edited by JulzzZ: Jul 16 2020, 06:34 AM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 4Kharniege Jul 16 2020, 10:35 AM
Signing up! - IGN: KHANOMANCER

+
# 5Incia Jul 17 2020, 01:40 AM
Just to make it perfectly clear, force-fire into shroud with air units are considered a bug/exploit? Is there any other exploits currently in the game? That is the only thing I'm aware of.

And the whole Engineer + APC is banned and all is great.
I guess Chinook + Engineer is still a thing?

Is drinking vodka considered doping/cheating? Can staff join?

+
# 6FUzziBabes Jul 17 2020, 11:16 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Jul 17 2020, 02:40 AM) *

Just to make it perfectly clear, force-fire into shroud with air units are considered a bug/exploit? Is there any other exploits currently in the game? That is the only thing I'm aware of.

It is considered a bug, it wasn't in the original C&C and in the latest patch update thread on Reddit, Jim has confirmed it was unintentional and will be removed in the next patch.

And the whole Engineer + APC is banned and all is great.
I guess Chinook + Engineer is still a thing?

An APC can move around at a whim and can crush infantry and also has shit tons of armour. A chinook can't move freely and has to land, get comfy, then let the engineer out and even then if you land in a spot that has anti infantry then you can't just move easily as it takes more time. So yes Chinook is fine.

Is drinking vodka considered doping/cheating? Can staff join?

It is not considered cheating and I have nothing against Staff entering.

+
# 7JackoDerp Jul 18 2020, 01:19 AM
Sign me up fam

+
# 8Khyira Jul 18 2020, 12:58 PM
Signup: Khyira

+
# 9FUzziBabes Jul 19 2020, 18:20 PM

UPDATE

Thanks to the wonderful generosity of Khyira, the prize pool has been increased to 55! Prizes will be distributed as follows:

1st - 50%
2nd - 35%
3rd - 15%

Because of this the third place match WILL be played!

If you like the idea of sponsoring the tournament for a larger prize pool then please get in contact! My Profile

If the prize pool continues to grow then I will extend prizes to fourth and maybe even the top eight players.

+
# 10KerNnie Jul 21 2020, 23:33 PM
DK

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 11Khyira Jul 22 2020, 15:54 PM
QUOTE(KerNnie @ Jul 21 2020, 23:33 PM) *

DK

Sucks!

+
# 12Danku Jul 22 2020, 16:32 PM
Danku Reporting for Tourny entry o7

+
# 13FUzziBabes Jul 23 2020, 22:02 PM

UPDATE

Welcome back commanders! I am here to bring you an update about the future Gamereplays.org Tiberian Dawn tournament, Groundhog Brawl.

Due to the generosity of the community and a strong interest in tournaments, our prize pool has now hit an impressive 100! This means that we are opening up the prize pool to not just the top three players, but will now be offering cash winnings to the top eight players! This also means that the third and fourth place match WILL be played!

Prizes will be designated as followed:
  • 1st Place - 35
  • 2nd Place - 20
  • 3rd Place - 15
  • 4th Place - 10
  • 5th to 8th Place - 5

A massive thank you to FionaSarah and Khyira for donating to this prize pool, your kindness is greatly appreciated!

Reddit thread

Please help support this tournament by upvoting my post on reddit, any upvotes are very appreciated smile.gif
Link

+
# 14RD__RD Jul 28 2020, 19:35 PM
RD - signing up. Thanks for organising!

+
# 15JulzzZ Jul 29 2020, 00:20 AM
QUOTE(RD__RD @ Jul 29 2020, 05:35 AM) *

RD - signing up. Thanks for organising!

Woo! Go get em biggrin.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 16FUzziBabes Jul 29 2020, 11:53 AM
Few days to go, I got an offer for the prize pool to potentially increase if we get more people so don't hesitate if you're thinking about signing up smile.gif

+
# 17Sai. Jul 31 2020, 12:23 PM
sign: Sai

+
# 18FUzziBabes Jul 31 2020, 14:17 PM
This is tomorrow! smile.gif Sign ups will close 1 hour before the start time!

+
# 19KerNnie Aug 1 2020, 09:13 AM
Val cannot access her account but would like to sign up.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 20FUzziBabes Aug 1 2020, 09:28 AM
Sure thing smile.gif

Sign ups close in about an hour and half so last chance to hop in, we're giving prizes to the top 8 players and there is 8 so far!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)