Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Guidelines for playing competitive matches safely

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1xezon May 3 2021, 13:49 PM
For players and streamers

> If you have static IP address, then call your Internet Service Provider and ask for dynamic IP assignments.

> If you have static IP address, then do not use GameRanger at all, unless you can tunnel all traffic with VPN (Virtual Private Network: Windscribe et al) that gives you dynamic IP (internet protocol) address.

> If you have static IP address, then do not use CNC Online at all, unless you play with trusted friends OR can tunnel all traffic with VPN (virtual private network) that gives you dynamic IP address.

> Prefer Radmin VPN and CNC Online over GameRanger for competitive matches. Use GameRanger as last resort only, but accept the risk of exposure to potential attacker.

> If you have dynamic IP address, prefer using VPN for CNC Online and GameRanger. Is not strictly required but recommended if it is does not affect speed negatively. If VPN is not used, IP address is given up 100%.

> If you have dynamic IP, restart router before playing competitive match to assign new IP address to new internet session.

> When using Radmin VPN, create new private server and invite players by sending Network name and password via Discord or GameReplays private message. Temporarily disconnect all other Radmin Networks.

> If you need new IP address in Radmin VPN, uninstall it, delete all registry keys in
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Famatech\RadminVPN\1.0
and re-install Radmin VPN

> If you need new IP address in VPN software like Windscribe, then power it off and back on, and check if IP is different from previous VPN assignment.

> If you livestream Zero Hour, then you can use HideIP functionality provided by Control Bar Pro and Control Bar Obs.

If you play casual matches and have dynamic IP, then you do not need to care as much.

It will take a bit of time and effort to get used to this, but for the time being this is recommended approach. Please follow this guideline for World Series matches.

Read about Risks of Public IP here or use search engine to research further.

This post has been edited by xezon: May 8 2021, 12:06 PM

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Phoenix- May 3 2021, 14:18 PM
Why is there censorship? I have heard that a few times now and I think someone here is trying to hide serious things.

+
# 3xezon May 3 2021, 14:45 PM
In this particular case, we are not allowed to promote networks that players could use as an alternative to CNC Online. It's not a big deal, but it's not documented so it takes some learning how to word something so it appears ok to post or not post.

+
# 4scuba May 3 2021, 14:47 PM
QUOTE(Phoenix- @ May 3 2021, 15:18 PM) *

Why is there censorship? I have heard that a few times now and I think someone here is trying to hide serious things.

To encourage people to only use Revora.

G-Ranger so censors things heavily in the opposite direction and has done for years.

Gamereplays just joining the bandwagon and trying to force the use of a terrible server

+
# 5xezon May 3 2021, 14:49 PM
Yes G***R***** has same policy. The author was very upset when we used GenTool to advertise CNC Online, while players used it on G***R*****. It's understandable from business perspective, but stupid for players.

I serve Zero Hour players, not platforms. So I don't give a shit.

+
# 6-DoMiNaToR- May 3 2021, 14:56 PM
Good post.

Now who can I speak to with regard to getting certain guys banned from revora, cw and gamereplays? Which admin to speak to?

+
# 7xezon May 3 2021, 18:58 PM
I got word from ToxicShock that I can uncensor the Network names in opening post. And I got some more input from Mr SkyMix_RMT. The first 5 points have been updated. I am afraid you need to read over it again. Basically there are some extra precautions to take for CNC Online + Static IP.

Players with Static IP are at biggest risk to become cyber victim.

+
# 8HaWkY^ May 3 2021, 19:48 PM
Wut

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 9-The^TeKeN^ May 3 2021, 21:04 PM
As far as I know, GR and Radmin use virtual and fake IPs. So there is no need to use a VPN!

+
# 10xezon May 3 2021, 21:19 PM
QUOTE(-The^TeKeN^ @ May 3 2021, 23:04 PM) *

As far as I know, GR and Radmin use virtual and fake IPs. So there is no need to use a VPN!

You are right about Radmin VPN but wrong about GameRanger. The information in post #1 is correct (I checked myself).

+
# 11-ExiLe` May 3 2021, 21:31 PM
Another big tip

> Use a condom.

Spoiler

ty xezon this is valuable info

+
# 12MTKing May 3 2021, 21:32 PM
finally, someone clearing that out for people from a person who they actually listen to, so much misinformation going on these days

+
# 13xezon May 4 2021, 20:09 PM
Regarding IP change in Radmin: You don't need to change Computer Name.

Just uninstall,
delete registry keys in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Famatech\RadminVPN\1.0
and re-install.

I just tested it and it works.

+
# 14-DoMiNaToR- May 4 2021, 20:11 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ May 4 2021, 20:09 PM) *

Regarding IP change in Radmin: You don't need to change Computer Name.

Just uninstall,
delete registry keys in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Famatech\RadminVPN\1.0
and re-install.

I just tested it and it works.

im confused,

i understand what local IP is and what the online IP is, but how come radmin IP is different?

ah i just read someone said its a virtual IP. Hmm, so what's the harm in revealing a virtual IP? anything?

+
# 15xezon May 4 2021, 20:14 PM
Radmin VPN gives IP for virtual network, just like Windscribe VPN does.

Radmin VPN assigns static Virtual IP for computer and saves this information.

I did not test what happens when DOS'ing VPN IP, but if you IP has been out there already and you want new one, you can get it by following these steps.

+
# 16-DoMiNaToR- May 4 2021, 20:15 PM
ok cool

+
# 17-DoMiNaToR- May 7 2021, 19:20 PM
Why does gentool upload our IP addresses to gentool data when we play games?

can you not stop that and keep it back end or something?

EDIT - also, if it has to be that way, cant it be encrypted or something so only certain people can decrypt it?

+
# 18~JoKeR~ May 7 2021, 19:51 PM
QUOTE(-DoMiNaToR- @ May 8 2021, 00:20 AM) *

Why does gentool upload our IP addresses to gentool data when we play games?

can you not stop that and keep it back end or something?
EDIT - also, if it has to be that way, cant it be encrypted or something so only certain people can decrypt it?

It doesn't upload the IP addresses anymore afaik.

Clan: WbG

+
# 19-DoMiNaToR- May 7 2021, 20:30 PM
QUOTE(~JoKeR~ @ May 7 2021, 19:51 PM) *

It doesn't upload the IP addresses anymore afaik.

yes it does.

i just got humanity's IP from gentool data using a simple calculation.

I already PM'ed xezon about this and he hasn't replied.

why is our personal information being uploaded to the internet?

+
# 20xezon May 7 2021, 21:38 PM
GenTool censors all IP addresses.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)