Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Harv Fix and the future of KW

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix` Mar 26 2018, 21:14 PM
So what is the future of KW will we be able to have a future patch with the harv fix inside for everyone to use? And before thats released, does anything else need balancing? I honestly think r12 is really close to balanced and not too much should be changed but im a noob so share ur thoughts biggrin.gif?

Game: Overwatch

+
# 2AggressivePanda Mar 26 2018, 22:26 PM
Very, very slightly buff the guardian cannon and laser turrets.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Ekko^ Mar 26 2018, 23:06 PM
Buff mechapedes and hammerheads pls

+
# 4phantom9399 Mar 26 2018, 23:22 PM
I am currently looking into the options. However a patch update is highly unlikely due to confict of interests.

In regards to balance changes i dont think r12 should get any at all. Yes there are still useless units and buildings but the game still plays well at the moment.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 5XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 12:04 PM
Since Trav is still basically imba vs Scrin and Reaper, how harmful would it be to nerf cultists so that they cannot capture tier 3 units? I don't think that will effect the game too badly vs GDI factions and Nod factions, but I know it will for sure impact the game vs scrin and reaper. But I think the impact it will make to trave vs scrin and reaper will be a good impact, as it will be more playable and less zzzzzz.

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 6OneVISION. Mar 27 2018, 12:06 PM
QUOTE(XXcyberstormXX @ Mar 27 2018, 12:04 PM) *

Since Trav is still basically imba vs Scrin and Reaper, how harmful would it be to nerf cultists so that they cannot capture tier 3 units? I don't think that will effect the game too badly vs GDI factions and Nod factions, but I know it will for sure impact the game vs scrin and reaper. But I think the impact it will make to trave vs scrin and reaper will be a good impact, as it will be more playable and less zzzzzz.

lol that#s pretty much trav fucked vs scrin if you do that. No shields and no way to counter mecha rush

+
# 7LordFlameheart Mar 27 2018, 12:59 PM
1. harv bug
2. raider buggy exp bug fix
3. hawk bug (strato response. fixed in a non gr patch)
4. sonic no damage to husk bug, cgf forgot to fix in r12 and will add back

Cant think anything else to fix, its otherwise adding more maps, but currently no plans of adding more maps in the project yet.

cgf definitly can do this but phantom need to lower his attitude to do the negiotiations.

+
# 8Whitey Mar 27 2018, 13:12 PM
QUOTE(OneVISION. @ Mar 27 2018, 12:06 PM) *

lol that#s pretty much trav fucked vs scrin if you do that. No shields and no way to counter mecha rush

Build your own mecha's?

+
# 9Technique Mar 27 2018, 13:18 PM
Not that I suggest any of this.

But if u do cybers suggestion of cults not being able to take t3 units.
If you then make ravagers ability accurate vs moving targets - you got a much more interesting counter system in mirrors than we currently have.

+
# 10Whitey Mar 27 2018, 13:34 PM
Ofcourse the problem with that is Reaper would own vs trav...

Unless you use your prodigy well.

+
# 11XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 13:59 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Mar 27 2018, 13:12 PM) *

Build your own mecha's?

Yea you could just build your own mechas. That would at least be a battle of even micro, whereas what we currently have is mechs+cults vs mechs which is not at all an even match up. Trav can even be lazy, less skilled and micro poorly, but still win from spamming cults. Not to mention temporal wormhole to make enemy mechs even more useless.

+ trav will still have prodigy + fast disi which scrin and reaper lack.

I do like techniques idea of fixing ravagers ability to hit moving targets. But when it comes to trav vs reaper/scrin idk if fixing ravagers will help the original issue of how op trav is vs scrin/reaper. If we fix ravagers, but do not do anything about cults vs scrin/reaper it will just give trav buffed ravagers making the faction even better considering how fast trav ravagers are with upgrade. But would be cool to make better use of ravagers.

+
# 12OneVISION. Mar 27 2018, 14:20 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Mar 27 2018, 13:12 PM) *

Build your own mecha's?

trav don't get statis, you will lose any big engagement

+
# 13XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 14:32 PM
QUOTE(OneVISION. @ Mar 27 2018, 14:20 PM) *

trav don't get statis, you will lose any big engagement

Scrin/Reaper only gets 1 Stasis use unless the game goes on for ages because of the very long cool down for stasis. Traveler can just do what all scrin factions can do when they are in a bit of a pickle and just phase the units and save them. Phase has a much faster cool down, but the enemy stasis has been wasted. Also, the same thing can be said about Trav using temporal wormhole, as that is a 1 click that can dominate during big engagements as well, but the scrin/reaper player can just phase units too and escape the harm.

I would think that stasis and temp wormhole will almost cancel each other out. Tripods are already slow, but if you put temp wormhole (which has a much greater range) over the tripods then it takes a ridiculously long time for them to get out of it. I would assume that a stasis would end around the time tripods finally make their way out of the temp wormhole and back into an ok position to reengage an attack.

To make this change to the Cultist is very "out there" but I honestly believe that it is necessary and has been needed for ages. Trav has been imba vs scrin/reaper since 1.02. Even with recent attempts to balance it out, it is still uneven and will remain that way unless we do something to the cultists.

This post has been edited by XXcyberstormXX: Mar 27 2018, 14:36 PM

+
# 14OneVISION. Mar 27 2018, 14:40 PM
true but what could trav do vs fast mechas while having there nerve centre statised to deny tech of their own. This is what will happen, it will delay t59's mechapede production for 60 seconds and by that time, scrin can mass up to a good 7 mechas which would be impossible to stop by trav t1. By the time t59 do finally get there tech up after having it denied, there mechas will get camped and headshotted by the 7 scrin mechas + being behind in eco and map control

+
# 15XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 15:03 PM
QUOTE(OneVISION. @ Mar 27 2018, 14:40 PM) *

true but what could trav do vs fast mechas while having there nerve centre statised to deny tech of their own. This is what will happen, it will delay t59's mechapede production for 60 seconds and by that time, scrin can mass up to a good 7 mechas which would be impossible to stop by trav t1. By the time t59 do finally get there tech up after having it denied, there mechas will get camped and headshotted by the 7 scrin mechas + being behind in eco and map control

This could happen. But my question is, why would the scrin player have a tech and a stasis, both before the trav player even has a tech? The trav player would have to be behind for this to happen. But with fast legs disi as an opener I would think the trav player would be slightly ahead, assuming the trav player doesn't just throw their disi away.

+
# 16OneVISION. Mar 27 2018, 15:05 PM
QUOTE(XXcyberstormXX @ Mar 27 2018, 15:03 PM) *

This could happen. But my question is, why would the scrin player have a tech and a stasis, both before the trav player even has a tech? The trav player would have to be behind for this to happen. But with fast legs disi as an opener I would think the trav player would be slightly ahead, assuming the trav player doesn't just throw their disi away.

true

+
# 17Whitey Mar 27 2018, 15:59 PM
You could go tier 2 then go for stasis, that Giving you a good 20 seconds or so. But meh.

+
# 18XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 16:18 PM
QUOTE(Whitey @ Mar 27 2018, 15:59 PM) *

You could go tier 2 then go for stasis, that Giving you a good 20 seconds or so. But meh.

Yea you could. It would get your tech out faster than the opponent. However, by the time your tech is done, the stasis will have worn off. So by the time you build up a few mechas and actually attack with them your opponent should have a storm column and a few mechas out by then. being a few mechs behind with defenders advantage is not too terrible. Plus phasing harvs if needed will help. Temporal Wormhole will also help if needed.

The only real threat is scrin players teching, spamming 2 warf mechs, then using stasis on enemy tech while continuously spamming out more mechs. This would give the scrin player the advantage because while both armies of mechs continuously head shot each other to death, the scrin player can keep building more mechs, while the trav player cant rebuild them until the stasis has worn off.

With that being said, the trav player can do the same thing, but just wormhole a prodigy to enemy base and capture their tech. it would cost quite a bit more to do that, but once you sell the enemy tech center you regain some profit. Plus once the stasis wears off, you have your tech back, while the scrin player has to rebuild the tech which costs them even more profit. Not to mention that you can send the prodigy right back to your base through the wormhole and it can serve more use throughout the game.

Any of these scenarios still are better than what we currently have with trav vs scrin/reaper.

This post has been edited by XXcyberstormXX: Mar 27 2018, 16:21 PM

+
# 19Technique Mar 27 2018, 16:33 PM
Is this rlly even an issue though?
Seems like an odd discussion to have since R12 already addressed it.

Unless the tournaments have arbitrary rules, we mostly got nod and bh mirrors.
If anything should be looked at, it's that.
So we can get rid of all those silly tournament faction rules once and for all.
''strike rule'' ''limited faction rule'' ''no bh/t59''

This post has been edited by Technique: Mar 27 2018, 16:40 PM

+
# 20XXcyberstormXX Mar 27 2018, 16:53 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Mar 27 2018, 16:33 PM) *

Is this rlly even an issue though?
Seems like an odd discussion to have since R12 already addressed it.

Unless the tournaments have arbitrary rules, we mostly got nod and bh mirrors.
If anything should be looked at, it's that.
So we can get rid of all those silly tournament faction rules once and for all.
''strike rule'' ''limited faction rule'' ''no bh/t59''

Well if we are talking from a "tournaments only" perspective then fixing this match up doesn't do as much good, but still does some good. We do not see very many players choose Scrin or Reaper in tournaments. At least not much vs BH and certainly not vs Trav. A player would have to be "very inexperienced or out of their mind" to choose scrin or reaper vs Trav in a tournament. But if we can at least resolve the issue of Trav being imba vs Scrin and Reaper it takes us one step in a good direction. Though it won't change the fact that BH is still probably going to be the number one most used tournament faction

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)