Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Heavy Infantry

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The Looinrims Sep 18 2017, 16:26 PM
Heavy (and by extension advanced) infantry are easily the weakest portion of all of Kane's Wrath. With the exception of garrisoning Epic Units (which will be omitted in this discussion) and Zoneheads they seem to be rarely used

Unless you're against Hidraulick....then enlightened spam is a real threat

I know Masterleaf loves Zones against stealth tanks, other than that though I can't find any good ways to use heavy or advanced infantry, discuss?

This post has been edited by The Looinrims: Sep 20 2017, 17:17 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2derand411 Sep 18 2017, 20:11 PM
Make heavy infantry cheaper? IMO zone troopers should be able to counter unupgraded buggies/apc/gun walkers because they are higher tech tier.

+
# 3LordFlameheart Sep 18 2017, 20:27 PM
pred=1100

ZR=1300

somewhat pred are more cost effective, but ZR can throw into hammers. dunno

+
# 4cnc315d34d Sep 18 2017, 23:05 PM
try 1.03 if you want to see more heavy inf action

to elaborate, some examples of heavy inf use in 1.03:
- vscrin/r17 shocks are a very strong option and lots of fun to use... they're especially nice in mirrors (where mecha/tripod/hexa spam no longer dominates) and also good vs gdi armor
- ungarrisoned zonetroopers are great in all matchups, and especially fun to use vs ST/gdi mirrors
- zoneraiders+mammoths form zocom's lategame backbone
- bh squads are a vital anti-inf/building component for nod armies
- ravagers see occasional use especially in scrin mirrors

1.03 removes epic unit laming and 1clicks as a whole, so it opens up options for these units to be used in mid/lategame significantly as they meld neatly into the armor > anti-inf > inf > anti-armor inf/heavy inf > armor cycle rather than 'epics > epics > epics > 1 clicks > all > epics' trash that 1.02 lategame entails

sure 1.03 isnt played (the same can be said about any mod besides 1.2+), but just giving my 2cents on it since the last time i played (which was several years ago)

This post has been edited by cnc315d34d: Sep 19 2017, 00:24 AM

+
# 5Whitey Sep 18 2017, 23:54 PM
QUOTE(cnc315d34d @ Sep 18 2017, 23:05 PM) *

try 1.03 if you want to see more heavy inf action

Come on... 1.03 is dead.

+
# 6DuneTiger Sep 19 2017, 07:56 AM
Heavy Infantry can be quite effective if used well like as you mentioned Hidrualick showed, but I've seen plenty of games where Zone Troopers are used very effectively as well as Shocks for the Scrin factions. Ravagers are the only infantry that need work but I don't believe they are classified as heavy infantry.

+
# 7OneVISION. Sep 19 2017, 08:04 AM
heay inf are situational just like 80% of units. Stop complaining and git good kid.

+
# 8Masterleaf Sep 19 2017, 10:16 AM
I agree with vision, you can't really comment on this stuff unless you've accumulated enough experience to understand what situation each unit is ideal for.

+
# 9Technique Sep 19 2017, 10:21 AM
Ravagers would be a really cool unit if the animation/delay wasn't so long for the shot.

+
# 10The Looinrims Sep 20 2017, 17:15 PM
QUOTE(OneVISION. @ Sep 19 2017, 03:04 AM) *

heay inf are situational just like 80% of units. Stop complaining and git good kid.

QUOTE(Masterleaf @ Sep 19 2017, 05:16 AM) *

I agree with vision, you can't really comment on this stuff unless you've accumulated enough experience to understand what situation each unit is ideal for.

The post asked the question of how can one make good use of heavy/advanced infantry, they just feel weak on the surface is what i was commenting on

EDIT: Hindsight, yeah that wasn't clearly communicated, apologies

+
# 11OneVISION. Sep 20 2017, 18:25 PM
QUOTE(The Looinrims @ Sep 20 2017, 17:15 PM) *

The post asked the question of how can one make good use of heavy/advanced infantry, they just feel weak on the surface is what i was commenting on

EDIT: Hindsight, yeah that wasn't clearly communicated, apologies

blackhand flame squads are good against t3 base defences and i've seen bikerush mixing it in with his basepushes, zone troopers own scrin factions and are good in hhs till the enemy has aa upgrades, shocktroopers own anything.. if you make them stronger than there will be no need to build tripods or mammoths because they will then own ap ammo and tank hhs etc... again heavy inf are realllly good in certain situations you just need to be decent

+
# 12Masterleaf Sep 21 2017, 09:58 AM
lets not forget that zone troopers are also the single best stealth counter in the entire game when upgraded with scanner packs.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)